(Topic ID: 254249)

Nocore - Help with original files for clean install (RFM roms)

By Phantasize

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello everyone

I have a friend coming by in 5 hours, and we are going to attempt a Nucore install on an old laptop of his. It is intended for a RFM

But i have had trouble finding the relevant files. All i was able to find was update files, that requires an original install already present.

Is there any chance someone can help me within the next 5 hours? If yes, please PM me

If not the original install files, then the RFM ROMS / Firmware needed to do the latest Lubuntu 18.04 install from this site: http://www.bigguyspinball.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1179

I have another friendly pinsider who already promised to help, but unfortunately he can't get me the files until monday. But since i already have my friend coming over later today, i thought i would try my luck with the amazing pinside crowd! Fingers crossed...

Hope someone will be able to help.

Thank you in advance, and have a nice weekend everyone. Keep flippin'

#2 4 years ago

3 hours remaining. Anyone?

#4 4 years ago

Thank you for posting, but that 2.25 update requires that you already have a working install with rom files. Unless i am misunderstanding something?

#5 4 years ago

We succeeded in extracting the ROMs from another install. But unfortunately it's not working. The program starts, but there is no communication with the machine.

2 weeks later
#7 4 years ago

Well my buddy actually had a few seconds of success. It was the LPT port that needed to be set as bi-directional in the Bios.

Buy unfortunately after the playfield lighted up for a few seconds and he was able to browse the menus, it went dead on him. Haven't been able to test more since then, but he says the program doesn't start up anymore. So we need to look into that, and possibly do a reinstall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 85.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nocore-help-with-original-files-for-clean-install-rfm-roms?tu=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.