(Topic ID: 254249)

Nocore - Help with original files for clean install (RFM roms)

By Phantasize

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Phantasize
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello everyone

I have a friend coming by in 5 hours, and we are going to attempt a Nucore install on an old laptop of his. It is intended for a RFM

But i have had trouble finding the relevant files. All i was able to find was update files, that requires an original install already present.

Is there any chance someone can help me within the next 5 hours? If yes, please PM me

If not the original install files, then the RFM ROMS / Firmware needed to do the latest Lubuntu 18.04 install from this site: http://www.bigguyspinball.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1179

I have another friendly pinsider who already promised to help, but unfortunately he can't get me the files until monday. But since i already have my friend coming over later today, i thought i would try my luck with the amazing pinside crowd! Fingers crossed...

Hope someone will be able to help.

Thank you in advance, and have a nice weekend everyone. Keep flippin'

#2 1 year ago

3 hours remaining. Anyone?

#3 1 year ago

look at www.pinball2000.de
Scroll down to nucore.
On the nucore page you can download 2.25 plus update and manual.

#4 1 year ago

Thank you for posting, but that 2.25 update requires that you already have a working install with rom files. Unless i am misunderstanding something?

#5 1 year ago

We succeeded in extracting the ROMs from another install. But unfortunately it's not working. The program starts, but there is no communication with the machine.

#6 1 year ago

How you try to connect the laptop to the machine?
Do you use original Nucore PC or some barebone machine?
LPT or USB connection?
Do you see the attract mode on the screen?

2 weeks later
#7 1 year ago

Well my buddy actually had a few seconds of success. It was the LPT port that needed to be set as bi-directional in the Bios.

Buy unfortunately after the playfield lighted up for a few seconds and he was able to browse the menus, it went dead on him. Haven't been able to test more since then, but he says the program doesn't start up anymore. So we need to look into that, and possibly do a reinstall.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside