(Topic ID: 297210)

No, you are not voiding your machine's warranty.

By mrgregb123

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210723-093516~2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago

Right to repair is different than the right to add a bunch of nonsense that tags on to the original electronics and possibly blows shit up.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Correct, except you can in fact add whatever nonsense you want. The manufacturer still has to show that the defect you are reporting was caused specifically by your mod(s), and the remainder of the warranty remains intact. Manufacturers try hard to convince users otherwise and blatantly lie to you ("Opening this [whatever] will void the warranty") but the law is the law.

Depends what you mean by "show"?

I dont know how hard that is to do if you are literally altering the games original power and or wiring.

Pretty sure that would be all they have to say.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

The disease here is the warranty periods are short and puts too much discretion in the power of the manufacturer. I'm not sure I see the cure as being the law you cite. This is a discussion thread - if I'm missing something please feel free to walk me through it.

Yah I still fail to see the point of the thread.

If the thought is I can do whatever I want to my machine and its still covered you are sadly mistaken.

Doesnt really change anything... there is no way you can add a bunch of aftermarket crap to a machine and expect them to help you trouble shoot it or fix it when you blow it up.

You already have "the right to repair" they are more than happy to send you boards to swap out etc. if you have a warranty issue

#23 2 years ago

The law is for companies like apple who seal their products and make a stink if you open them.

They want you to pay their team of dumasses at the apple store to do everything so they can make more $$.

Since pinball companies already allow you to fix your own game and will even send you the parts to do it I think you are off base.

Keep fighting the good fight though and I look forward to your call into Stern after you fry your game lighting it up like the Griswold xmas house.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

How many people are honest with the manufacturer about their mods, when they call to say a board has gone bad? I’m worried that the OP’s creating an environment where people think “It’s mY gAmE sO I cAn mOd iT and StErN sTiLL hAs To FiX iT”.

Yah this.... the people you need to go after are the guys who sell you mods when one jacks up your game.

Of course they will just tell you "you must have installed it wrong"

Its not Sterns job to fix problems their homemade product or your poor install skills cause.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-you-are-not-voiding-your-machine-s-warranty?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.