(Topic ID: 273661)

No video output on Revenge from Mars (Bally)

By the-ace

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm almost done with the restoration of a RfM pinball machine.

The problem now, during testing, is that there's no video output on the original monitor, but the software boots, I can hear the "bong" noise some seconds after powering. Using the coin door buttons, I can hear the pinball machine is alive.

I've tried with a pcb video converter (manufactures by Gonbes) to convert the CGA signal into a VGA signal and show it on a VGA computer monitor.
Unluckily, the VGA screen(s) I used remains black (with a little bit of backlight on the background). It seems like the video signal doesn't work but it's not 100% dead.

I've already tried the following:
- I started the computer without the PRISM card inserted to see, trough the VGA signal, the boot of the mainboard. Nothing, black screen...;
- I've used another flat cable between the mainboard and the "riser card". Nothing, black screen...;
- I've used another "riser card". Nothing, black screen.

Do you have any other suggestions? How can I check if the video output of the mainboard is dead? Which part of the original mainboard is responsible for the video output?

In the next days, I'll put a PCI VGA card on the mainboard to see if then there is a VGA output.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 85.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-video-output-on-revenge-from-mars-bally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.