(Topic ID: 14247)

NO TROLLING!

By sb80

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Trolling.jpg
    lock.gif
    horses-butt.jpg
    salma-hayek.jpg
    troll.jpg
    th_Uncle_Fester.gif
    arsenioyouscared.gif
    images.jpeg
    feedme-featured.png
    Hydra.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 12 years ago

As someone who gets told they are too negative, price police, trolling, etc. even I think this thread should be locked.

Pinside isn't rgp, but at the same time there seem to be some very differing opinions on what it should be. Some people want an all positive, heavily moderated forum that is family friendly and kid safe. Others want to be able to discuss/debate/argue and let things get heated. Still others want it to be an adult playground with all the nsfw content that goes with it.

Its robin's sandbox let him decide what he wants it to be. This no trolling thread appears to have turned into a lovely round of finger pointing which isn't doing anyone any good.

#88 12 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Why are some people trying to burn bridges so fast? Wouldn't that make it harder next time you need some tech help? or want to buy or sell something? I just hope all this negativity does not drive away people that have valuable input or can really offer something. Almost all of my tech problems have been solved by helpful pinsiders. When I was looking for a replacment plastic one time a pinsider sent me one for FREE! that is what makes this site great.

It depends on where you are in the hobby. Honestly speaking when I need help with something it is usually something really esoteric and the last few times the help I received was worthless. It isn't because people are unwilling to help. The trouble is there is some stuff that just isn't that well known. Whitestar/Sam board repair can be very difficult because of this. I would imagine Capcom, Alvin G, and spinball would fall into this category as well.

At this point anything bally/williams/DE is a simple matter of going to clays guides, or digging through rgp because you have 20 years of people needing help.

Please note I say this not because I know it all, but rather I have been doing this long enough to know where to look for answers. Most of the people coming on here for help are not asking anything that cannot be found using a google search. Alot of times they are first time owners or its one of their first big repairs. This hobby has a very steep learning curve and given a couple years they will probably be to the point I am at. Then again it really depends on if you want to spend an hour or two digging through the archives or just asking a question and hoping someone responds.

#105 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

dung said:
    Please note I say this not because I know it all, but rather I have been doing this long enough to know where to look for answers. Most of the people coming on here for help are not asking anything that cannot be found using a google search. Alot of times they are first time owners or its one of their first big repairs. This hobby has a very steep learning curve and given a couple years they will probably be to the point I am at. Then again it really depends on if you want to spend an hour or two digging through the archives or just asking a question and hoping someone responds.

I am asking this because I would really like to know. Based on your statement, Why are you here then?

It sounds like you do not think you need help and you tend to talk down to those who ask for it.

Yeah, because I obviously never help noobies... Seriously abs actually bother to read all my posts. I do help answer questions quite often. Just because you don't happen to agree with my opinions doesn't mean I don't actually help others.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-trolling?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.