View topic image gallery

Alpine Club knocker (resized).jpg
IMG_1772 (resized).JPG
IMG_1769 (resized).JPG
Alpine Club replay (resized).jpg
Alpine Club flag relay (resized).jpg
Alpine Club Special (resized).jpg

#1 7 days ago

Slowly weeding out issues on this game, but lost in these schematics.
There are 2 kickout holes on the game. Normal hole value 50 points = works fine
When 300 lit = works fine
Next value looks like it alternates holes, 500 or special
Gives 500 points, no special
I see the special lights on the schematics but no special relay.

#2 7 days ago

I suspect either your Flag relay isn't firing, or the switch in the red box on the Flag relay isn't firing.
Alpine Club Special (resized).jpg
/Mark

#3 6 days ago

Thanks for your reply Mark, I checked and cleaned those switches and still no luck. Flag relay is not firing.

#4 6 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Flag relay is not firing.

If your climber advances you know that the Climber Advance relay fires. I'd check the switch on that relay or the wiper and contact on the Climber Advance unit to figure out why the Flag relay doesn't fire.
Alpine Club flag relay (resized).jpg

#5 4 days ago

Here's an update, the climber does advance and the climber advance relay fires for each advance, which is correct. When the climber gets to the top of the mountain, the flag relay fires and a replay is awarded. So the climber advance part is working correctly. I cleaned those wiper contacts and the relay switches anyway.
It seems like the special is what's not awarding a replay. Seems like no replay on scores either. Set for 3100 and no replay.

#6 4 days ago

Is there a jones plug that tells the game not to award a special?

#7 4 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Is there a jones plug that tells the game not to award a special?

Boy, would that be nice!
On the backbox there's a plug for match/no match
and
plug for 3 or 5 ball play

On the motor bd. plug for 1 or 2 plays for a dime
and
4 position plug with no label.

#8 4 days ago

If neither the high score nor special replays are awarded I'd have a look at the 90/grey wire in red that connects the special and high score replay circuits to the Replay Unit:
Alpine Club replay (resized).jpg
For example, if you connect a jumper from the Motor 1D switch at the bottom to the Replay Unit switch at the top does the special replay get awarded?

It's possible that there are two things wrong, causing both high score and special replays to fail, but I'd start with what's in common between the two circuits first.

#9 2 days ago

Hi Mark,
When I did as you suggested and jumpered from motor 1D to I believe the grey wire on the replay unit. When ball went in lit special knocker knocked but didn't increment a game.
After that I did the climber all the way to top of mountain and knocker knocked and added a game.
I'm including pics to show where I'm jumpering. Pics not too clear, sorry.

IMG_1769 (resized).JPGIMG_1772 (resized).JPG
#10 2 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

When ball went in lit special knocker knocked but didn't increment a game.

You might have a mechanical issue with your Replay Unit. The only way for the Knocker to fire is through the EOS (end of stroke) switch on the Replay Unit Step Up solenoid:
Alpine Club knocker (resized).jpg
That means that the Knocker can't fire unless the Replay Unit steps up, or tries to step up. Does your Replay Unit try to advance but fail sometimes? There might be a slight variation in the pulse duration to the Replay Unit from the various replay award circuits. That might contribute to the problem but I'd make sure that your Replay Unit is stepping up cleanly and reliably first. You can use a bulb tester to show you when and for how long the Step Up solenoid is getting a pulse.

#11 2 days ago

I'll have to work on the replay unit, I know when I manually work it, it hangs up a bit.

#12 2 days ago

The only thing confusing is the climber scores a replay every time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
$ 2.00
Tools
UpKick Pinball
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!