3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

So I’ve been having an issue with my stern sopranos ( cpu board 520-5300-00 rev a) where the music would sound modulated. I followed the advice from pinwiki and decided to replace the dac at u26. I used an exact replacement chip, and socketed the chip. The first time I booted the sound was really low volume and staticky so I took the board out to check. Everything was normal, and I tested continuity to all the pins. The next boot I got no sound and that’s where I’m at now. I’ve tested Voltages from cn2 and the u30 chip. All look okay. Any opinions? Maybe I got a bad dac chip and should try another? Unfortunately I had to cut two of the pins from the original dac to make sure I could desolder it properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-sound-on-stern-sopranos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.