By ChoppaCade

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChoppaCade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi all,
I have a problem with the sound on Metallica LE.

I am using upgraded speakers and have an amp hooked up to it, for a long time it has worked fine, now for some reason the sound out of the cab cabinet speaker doesn't work. The sound only comes from the back box speakers.

I have tried reseating all the connectors and double checked it is not the speakers, fuses or wiring.
I have my ACDC machine handy to try and swap out the sound board, if I was to do this, is it just a matter of swapping over the eprom?
Or is there something on the board like the built in Amp I could check with a multi meter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

#3 8 years ago

Hi Mark,
I was hoping you would respond since I know you are the expert in sound department.
I have a powered amp connected internally which still works, I have checked it in my ACDC.
It is one of those small 2.1 jobs that run off 5 volts of power that had a red light when working.
I have also wired it back to how it should have been when factory without luck.
The back board speakers still work, however they don't have the same volume as they used to.
I have a feeling one of the on board amps has gone.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks to advice, I would rather have the onboard amps working, but good idea to use my own amp.
I did the battery test to see if I had any speaker buzz and there was no noise.
What was interesting when I did that, the 12v light lit up on the main board very brightly on the cabinet speaker output and when I tried on the front speaker output it was very dim.

I was also wondering if the black mini towers either side of audio out on this picture are the amps?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7 8 years ago

Thanks for clarification about the battery test, I have tested it correctly now and can confirm that the speakers work and make a sound when hooked up to battery.

I like the idea of running all the speakers through my amp using the working back box channel of sound. Would it matter if the set up on the left side would be for an 8ohm speaker set up and the right side would be running a 4ohm subwoofer?
The amp I have is supposed to run 4-8ohms.
This is the amp I am using.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hi-Fi-2-1CH-Stereo-Audio-Amplifier-AMP-Super-Bass-HX-168A-UK-Power-Adapter-/281335137276?hash=item4180e183fc:g:MnoAAOSw~gRVm9Ug

Another concern I have is the right hand side heat sink on the board is getting really hot, is this normal? The left side heat sink is very cool.

Thanks again for your advice I really appreciate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChoppaCade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-sound-from-cab-speaker-on-metallica?tu=ChoppaCade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.