Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by codered9394
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0225171134a (resized).jpg
0225171134b (resized).jpg
0225171135 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

So I'm still working on my recent whirlwind purchase. I'm having a problem with some callouts during the game not working. Game was purchased with a acid damaged mpu, New rottendog mpu installed and game operates fine. All music and other callouts seem to work. What I am missing is the (feels like rain, feel the power of the wind and the call outs when your getting kicked out of the seller). May be more but I'm not sure. There also may be a attract mode missing but I'm not sure if this also.
When going to the test menu under sound test I am missing all 7 related sounds. I'm not really sure if the callouts are suppose to come from the sound board or the overlay board. I was given a set of roms that was stated as new but I have no way to check these. Should I be looking at roms or should I be looking somewhere else. Is there a specific Rom that generates the sounds in sound test? Any help would be appreciated

#2 2 years ago

Wanted to include some pictures of what I have and how installed. All ribbon cables are installed correctly.

0225171135 (resized).jpg

0225171134b (resized).jpg

0225171134a (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

Do these sounds come from the sound board, CPU or the overlay board? Maybe someone with this pin can narrow it down for you.

#4 2 years ago

Does anyone know which Rom controlls these callouts.

#5 2 years ago

Decided that I'm going to pull mpu out of Taxi and try in my whirlwind. If this doesn't fix the problem then I may order a new set of roms.

1 year later
#6 1 year ago

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem?

Come to find out that my rottendog board was not allowing the missing sound to play. Couple people looked at it and said it was a compatibility problem. Ended up buying a factory 11b mpu board and have it reworked. Factory board works as it should.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside