Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Drussksu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E2116134-A3BB-4FAE-8530-17E6A67A08F4 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Hey Everyone,

I took out my shaker motor now it has no soundeverything else works fine. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks Pinsiders,

Dan

#2 1 year ago

Broken wire, wire pulled out of a connector, in the area you worked.

Or the shaker motor wiring was somehow tied to your sound ?

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Game name might be helpful

#4 1 year ago

Black knight sword of rage

#5 1 year ago

I was pulling out the shaker motor cause I was supposed to trade this tomorrow. Damn.

#6 1 year ago

Hmm LTG is their a wire or plug that would control all the sounds. I was also in the settings turning off the shaker motor. Is there an adjustment I could have accidentally selected that would turn off sound?

#7 1 year ago

Here is what I have done so far……

1. Checked for tech alerts
    2. Put the shaker motor back in - shaker motor works still no sound.
    3. Inspected for loose wires - can’t find any

#8 1 year ago

Is the volume up?

Is there a headphone Jack that could somehow think something is plugged in?

Try reseating the speaker cable on the cpu board?

E2116134-A3BB-4FAE-8530-17E6A67A08F4 (resized).jpegE2116134-A3BB-4FAE-8530-17E6A67A08F4 (resized).jpeg
    #9 1 year ago

Check wiring down by the coin door, the Wiring around where the shaker was, and even the wiring up at the Spike CPU.

If you are handy with a multimeter you can try and test voltage at the Spike board and see if the CPU is outputting sound. Set multimeter to 200mv DC and see if you get any readings. Be careful not to touch or cross them.

#10 1 year ago

Thanks guys. I’m thinking now maybe the speaker wire got snagged when I was pulling out the playfield. Fortunately the guy I’m trading with is a tech. He is not worried about it. I’ll give you all an update once I get it figured out.

Dan

#11 1 year ago

Thanks LTG NovaCade jackd104 —— this is so crazy. After hours of checking all the connections I shut the machine off and went to bed. Turned it on this morning and it’s working 100%. Guess the black knight just needed a rest.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-sound-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.