• 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Axl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1515f1.jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Even in the lane-change era, games like Creature had lane change switched off for the skill shot.

The lane change is still on during the skill shot in Creature. If you know you won't make the skill shot you can at least change the lane the ball is going for to an empty one.

Also is Creature the only one with two explicit skill shot awards?

#52 9 years ago

Pretty sure roller games does not have a skill shot, which is CRAZY since it has a ton of possibilites

1. short plunge to S K A T E
2. middle plunge to first ramp slot
3. Harder punge to second ramp slot
4. All the way around and then upper flipper ramp shot immediately.
5. Maybe even short plunge to left kickback (not sure if this is even possible but a throught off the top of my head)

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

The lane change is still on during the skill shot in Creature. If you know you won't make the skill shot you can at least change the lane the ball is going for to an empty one.
Also is Creature the only one with two explicit skill shot awards?

LOTR has two explicit skill shots. You can hit the path of the dead or the orc lanes. I've never seen anyone plunge for the orc lanes on purpose, but it's there if you want it.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

LOTR has two explicit skill shots. You can hit the path of the dead or the orc lanes. I've never seen anyone plunge for the orc lanes on purpose, but it's there if you want it.

If I have only a couple hits left for Boromir, I'll plunge the pops on purpose.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

If I got to make the rules, hitting a shot with the flippers or some other technique other than plunger control is not a skill shot.

How about I500 where if you hop a launched ball over to the left flipper and fire it up the right ramp for a secret skill shot?

Quoted from Excalabur:

If you don't flip after plunging and plunge the lit lane, you get twice as many points. Same deal as a few other recentish sterns.

Interesting! So you're saying that if you're awesome enough to shoot the lit lane without using the lane-change feature then you'll get more points for the skill shot? That is cool.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

How about I500 where if you hop a launched ball over to the left flipper and fire it up the right ramp for a secret skill shot?

Either the plunger control isn't very important, which means it's just using the flippers to make a particular shot at the beginning of the game, or if the plunger control is essential, it's a 2-step process which to me is a super skill shot... But I wouldn't count a shot as a super skill if there isn't a regular skill shot also available.

I'm picky but if a game gives me a chance to do a feat using only plunger control (plus nudging maybe), it's a skill shot, but if the plunger only lets me set up a shot to make from the flippers, the game has no skill shot.

I'm even iffy on a machine like Gorgar, BH, or BK2K where my only plunge control is which lane I hit. The award there is for completing the lanes, not just making a particular shot. There's no advantage to doing it on the plunge, versus getting the ball through a lane later in the ball.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Gemini:

Technically, with any flipperless pin, the ENTIRE GAME is a skill shot! ; D

Nah, it's at least 50% about nudging.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes. a very, very difficult skill shot to achieve. Maybe one of the hardest in pinball. No soft plunge will drop the ball in the lit lane on the farthest right. You have to rebound it in from the far left post. Still a very soft plunge.

Usually that is the case. Bounce ball off of the left post, hopefully it will bounce back to the right side lit roll over. Solar City also has the longest view of the ball while it goes SDTM.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Usually that is the case. Bounce ball off of the left post, hopefully it will bounce back to the right side lit roll over.

Doesn't happen very often, does it?

Quoted from Darcy:

Solar City also has the longest view of the ball while it goes SDTM.

Usually a result of slightly over plunging the skill shot.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure roller games does not have a skill shot, which is CRAZY since it has a ton of possibilites
1. short plunge to S K A T E
2. middle plunge to first ramp slot
3. Harder punge to second ramp slot
4. All the way around and then upper flipper ramp shot immediately.
5. Maybe even short plunge to left kickback (not sure if this is even possible but a throught off the top of my head)

Rollergames does have a "Skill" shot. It is worth 60,000 points...all you do is plunge up "The Wall". It is not awarded as a "power play" so it is the skill shot, isn't worth 60,000 at any other point in the game.

I've tried the other shots with the glass off and all of them register same amount of regular playfield values.

I own two games without a skill shot X-Files (Why, I do not know...this game needs a code upgrade...if anyone knows how to I would help them/pay for it), and Hardbody. Ball just goes to the upper flipper and no special points are awarded.

#61 9 years ago

I have not tried #5 Whysnow...not sure if that is possible but if it were it should be 5,000,000 points! That would be a damn near impossible shot.

#62 9 years ago

yeah, a simple full plunge up the ramp is pretty lame as a "skill" shot

#63 9 years ago

Apollo 13 - No skill shot

3 weeks later
#64 9 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

LOTR actually has three skill shots: (1) "LANES" (Lit rollover in the O-R-C lanes), (2) "TOWER" (Orthanc Tower/Path of the Dead), and (3) "FLIPPER" (Full plunge to the left flipper --> Quick right orbit).

#65 9 years ago

I see TOM mentioned here, and it has a skill shot. You select your award I.e. Start illusion and you then
Have to hit the trunk.
But if we are talking about a skill shot only possible to hit from the plunger, then that game is out.

Axl

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
€ 17.50
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-skill-shotlist-here/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.