(Topic ID: 86395)

"No Signal Input" Error on WOZ - PLEASE HELP!

By tommypinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wtatumjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello,

This afternoon I tried to turn on my WOZ and the screen was just flashing "No Signal Input". It was working just fine last night for hours. I have had the machine since last August and haven't done an update yet and am wondering if this might be my problem. I read something on here from a few months ago where someone had this error message while trying to update their machine - and Alex and/or Lloyd told them to reset the motherboard and I'm not even sure how to do this. I've also emailed JJP through his website but have not heard back yet. Wondering what to do! Can anyone help?!

Thanks in advance!
Tommypinball

#2 10 years ago

Is your computer running? If not, you need to basically do the equivalent of pushing the power button on the PC. Newer games have a button wired in the bottom of the cabinet. Older games don't so you have to jump two pins on the board. LTG can probably tell you which header and which pins. For me, I opened the case, found the motherboard make and model, downloaded the manual from the web, and looked up the case header pinout.

If the computer is running then it could be a loose video cable.

#3 10 years ago

You can use any switch if it doesnt have one. Just find the correct pins, and run the wires to the switch from the pins. I use an old arcade button on my mame cab to do this exact same thing.

#4 10 years ago

I'm having trouble finding the "reset button". I've opened the cabinet and am looking at the boards and all of the fuses (tested the fuses and they seem to be working properly) but can't seem to find the reset button. Any other ideas?

#5 10 years ago

Tommy email me your number. [email protected]

#6 10 years ago

The computer is the smaller board above the power board with the fuses. I already told you how to figure out the make and model and download the manual. So you do not need other ideas. You simply need to follow through with just this one. I think my board was made by MSI.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The computer is the smaller board above the power board with the fuses. I already told you how to figure out the make and model and download the manual. So you do not need other ideas. You simply need to follow through with just this one. I think my board was made by MSI.

They all are. MSI boards are extremely reliable and their engineering director is a friend of mine so we worked directly with MSI to create a custom bios for the games.

#8 10 years ago

the reset button is on the wiring loom inside the large case, labelled with a sticker

#9 10 years ago

Did you find it, tommypinball?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

the reset button is on the wiring loom inside the large case, labelled with a sticker

That assumes that they put one on the game. Those are relatively recent.

10 months later
#11 9 years ago

Mine is doing the same thing. The game plays fine for a while then shuts down. The upper screen displays "no input" and the leds on the lower playfield just lock up showing wherever they are displaying at the time. I can power it off and on and it'll work for maybe 1 game or so then do the same thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-signal-input-error-on-woz-please-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.