3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Domino Score Reels (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I picked up a gottlieb domino and have a strange problem. It starts a game normally, resets all score reels to zero. But nothing will score.

If I manually push the ones, tens, hundreds and thousands relay, they all stay locked and I get no bell or score reel movement.

That all 4 relays do the same thing implies it’s not in the relays or their score reels. Plus the score reels reset to zero just fine at game start.

Any idea where I should look?

#2 3 years ago

The Score Reels and most of the game rely on a pair of switches on the power rail for scoring that the reset circuits don't need. Check the switches in the red box on the SB and R relays.

Domino Score Reels (resized).jpgDomino Score Reels (resized).jpg

/Mark

#3 3 years ago

thank you very much for the pointer. My R relay was just a hair too wide and not making contact. Its not 100% yet but at least its coming back to life!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-score-on-domino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.