(Topic ID: 287961)

No response from Great American Pinball...Is all ok?

By Nazz26

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

04501551-8572-425A-9010-7F7FFF268CD2 (resized).jpeg
    E3C98D26-6C39-488B-8394-8F19D9E766DD (resized).jpeg
    4BC87C0E-84B1-4F9E-A93F-B8D24C40E94D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3114 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3116 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3115 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2639 (resized).JPG
    image3 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_3113 (resized).JPG
    image0 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_3110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3111 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3112 (resized).JPG
    There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Short and sweet. I placed a order with Great American pinball on 02/07 received a order number and payment was made through Paypal. Since then I never received a shipment or tracking number. I called left a message and also sent a email. It has been 7 days since I placed the order and still no response. What gives? are they still in business?

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

Short and sweet. I placed a order with Great American pinball on 02/07 received a order number and payment was made through Paypal. Since then I never received a shipment or tracking number. I called left a message and also sent a email. It has been 7 days since I placed the order and still no response. What gives? are they still in business?

I'll shoot him a message and let him know your asking after him. In my experience it's always taken a few calls and emails to communicate.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I'll shoot him a message and let him know your asking after him. In my experience it's always taken a few calls and emails to communicate.

Ty paulbaptise. Just wanted to make sure all is ok..

#4 3 years ago

Sorry not on pinside very often. Sent you a email. Your order will go out tomorrow.

Thanks

GAP

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Sorry not on pinside very often. Sent you a email. Your order will go out tomorrow.
    Thanks
    GAP

GAP I received your email.. Ty for the response..

#6 3 years ago

And that’s how it’s done...

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from paulbaptiste:

PM sent, Thanks

Added over 3 years ago:

Received contact

1 month later
    #8 3 years ago

Great American Pinball Customer Serivce is very lacking. Mike seems like a great guy but there comes a time when you have to know what you aren't great at. I have been working with Mike for over three months trying to resolve a couple issues I am having with a pinball that I recently unboxed. I purchased NIB Star Trek Premium from Mike in 2017. I was having auto ball launches constanty and found there was an opto allinment issue on the the warp ramp entrance as the ramp was warped from the factory. I made a shim for it and found the opto to be intermittent. The other issue was the paint on the apron was starting to lift. None of which are really covered by Stern at the moment according to Mike but he did send me a used opto. The biggest issue for me however is the MANUAL cover is Star Trek but ALL of the technical drawings and part references are for a WALKING DEAD LE. I understand that this was purchased some time ago but the maunal should be replaced. I called Mike no less than a dozen times and also sent numerous emails since January 23rd 2021. He told me he lost the package and then found it and finally I received a maunal that was a complete joke. It's a reprint of 47 pages from a pro and says for technical drawings go to stern.com. Pages 1-35 are totally generic for many stern games and pages 36-46 are for a pro!?! lol Nice.. Thanks for nothing. I have now contacted Mike and left several messages and it is just crickets.... Buyer beware for support from GAP? We will see. This has not been a great experience as a collector. It wouldn't have taken much to win me over on this for Mike to make me a lifelong customer. $7500 sale.. $.95 cents of support.

IMG_2639 (resized).JPGIMG_2639 (resized).JPGIMG_3110 (resized).JPGIMG_3110 (resized).JPGIMG_3111 (resized).JPGIMG_3111 (resized).JPGIMG_3112 (resized).JPGIMG_3112 (resized).JPGIMG_3113 (resized).JPGIMG_3113 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3116 (resized).jpgIMG_3116 (resized).jpgimage0 (resized).JPEGimage0 (resized).JPEGimage3 (resized).JPEGimage3 (resized).JPEG
    #10 3 years ago

Sorry we are in Florida on vacation. We will be back after the 7th

#11 3 years ago

Never had a single issue with GAP. Thing is Family is his first priority then pinball. I respect that and Know he will always follow through with a response. Good people in my book.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisrt2002:

Great American Pinball Customer Serivce is very lacking. Mike seems like a great guy but there comes a time when you have to know what you aren't great at. I have been working with Mike for over three months trying to resolve a couple issues I am having with a pinball that I recently unboxed. I purchased NIB Star Trek Premium from Mike in 2017. I was having auto ball launches constanty and found there was an opto allinment issue on the the warp ramp entrance as the ramp was warped from the factory. I made a shim for it and found the opto to be intermittent. The other issue was the paint on the apron was starting to lift. None of which are really covered by Stern at the moment according to Mike but he did send me a used opto. The biggest issue for me however is the MANUAL cover is Star Trek but ALL of the technical drawings and part references are for a WALKING DEAD LE. I understand that this was purchased some time ago but the maunal should be replaced. I called Mike no less than a dozen times and also sent numerous emails since January 23rd 2021. He told me he lost the package and then found it and finally I received a maunal that was a complete joke. It's a reprint of 47 pages from a pro and says for technical drawings go to stern.com. Pages 1-35 are totally generic for many stern games and pages 36-46 are for a pro!?! lol Nice.. Thanks for nothing. I have now contacted Mike and left several messages and it is just crickets.... Buyer beware for support from GAP? We will see. This has not been a great experience as a collector. It wouldn't have taken much to win me over on this for Mike to make me a lifelong customer. $7500 sale.. $.95 cents of support.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why don’t you just contact stern? They will help you in 2 seconds

#13 3 years ago

We will contact Chris as soon as we are back from vacation.

#15 3 years ago

So many things I don’t understand.

Is GAP purposely sending this guy defective manuals repeatedly? Or is it a stern F up?

Is there a boycott on paragraphs I wasn’t alerted to?

Is 1-800-Kickers no longer a thing?

So many questions!

#16 3 years ago

I hate paper. Love online manuals. Just go online.........

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisrt2002:

MANUAL cover is Star Trek but ALL of the technical drawings and part references are for a WALKING DEAD LE.

A friend of mine bought a NiB #star_trek and their manual has Star Trek cover and Metallica insides. Very strange.

#18 3 years ago

I’ll defend GAP. At times, he has been slow to respond to pinside messages, but I have had nothing but good experiences with him.

#19 3 years ago

My star trek pro manual is the same poor level of quality. I just assumed it was a modern day cost cutting technique by Stern. I downloaded the online version, which is pretty much just as bad

#20 3 years ago

Yes, the paper manuals are a shadow of their former selves. It has all been moved online. As they become more complete Stern updates the digital copy.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:Why don’t you just contact stern? They will help you in 2 seconds

I did contact Stern in December before I contacted Mike. Then I emailed Patrick Powers direct and CC'd Mike and no response which was a surprise. Maybe it's a bigger issue?

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I hate paper. Love online manuals. Just go online.........

Paper covers Rock. I love paper.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

A friend of mine bought a NiB Star Trek (Pro) and their manual has Star Trek cover and Metallica insides. Very strange.

So strange! Makes you wonder how many. Maybe that why there are sending out this bandaid version. Did he get a "real" replacement?

#24 3 years ago

I have owned a business for 20 years, and I can tell you that honesty and communication go a long way. When there is a breakdown in communication and the customer feels ignored, that is when complaints and happen and the customer goes elsewhere.

Sadly many businesses don't realize this. Only takes a minute to respond to an email or call, even if you tell them you're working on it. Underpromise and overdeliver!

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Sorry we are in Florida on vacation. We will be back after the 7th

This sounds great Mike. I can be a great customer of yours moving forward!! On one condition.. if you can reply to your messages in a timely manner and take repsonsibility for your lack of customer service. It takes two seconds to say.. got it.. will get back to you. Less time than it would have taken for you to find and respond to this thread. My hope is that you stop making excuses for your poor customer service and actully fix it. Here is your opportunity. Excuses are rationalizations we make to ourselves about people, events, and circumstances. They are invented reasons we create to defend our behavior, to postpone taking action or simply as a means of neglecting responsibility.. When I ordered this and didn't hear anything about shipment it was.. Sorry, my daughter is going to college. When I need support it's, Sorry. I am on vacation. Or.. sorry I lost your address and then I lost the package. How about a mission statement for all types of Pinball Distributors and where their priorities are. Yours could be - If you want the best price we got you.. This business and it's customers will never be my number one priority. The margins are slim and I really do my best to keep it going. As a person most find me very likeable and a solid pinball community memeber. My love for this hobby and this community is my life. But if you want customer service in a timely manner and returned messages or acknowledged phone calls or emails. Uhmm. No go. Not gots. Want excuses.. We have plenty!! Keep the balls rollin and the phones a dialin! We got a real family yo and it ain't got nothing to do with y'all. Flip it up! We will get back to you.. maybe. sometime. soon. possibly... I mean.. I want to.. but.. look a squirrel!

#26 3 years ago

You friggin Rock!! That looks very legit! I called them and they are closed until Monday but I will call them when they open. Thanks a ton!!

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisrt2002:

This sounds great Mike. I can be a great customer of yours moving forward!! On one condition.. if you can reply to your messages in a timely manner and take repsonsibility for your lack of customer service. It takes two seconds to say.. got it.. will get back to you. Less time than it would have taken for you to find and respond to this thread. My hope is that you stop making excuses for your poor customer service and actully fix it. Here is your opportunity. Excuses are rationalizations we make to ourselves about people, events, and circumstances. They are invented reasons we create to defend our behavior, to postpone taking action or simply as a means of neglecting responsibility.. When I ordered this and didn't hear anything about shipment it was.. Sorry, my daughter is going to college. When I need support it's, Sorry. I am on vacation. Or.. sorry I lost your address and then I lost the package. How about a mission statement for all types of Pinball Distributors and where their priorities are. Yours could be - If you want the best price we got you.. This business and it's customers will never be my number one priority. The margins are slim and I really do my best to keep it going. As a person most find me very likeable and a solid pinball community memeber. My love for this hobby and this community is my life. But if you want customer service in a timely manner and returned messages or acknowledged phone calls or emails. Uhmm. No go. Not gots. Want excuses.. We have plenty!! Keep the balls rollin and the phones a dialin! We got a real family yo and it ain't got nothing to do with y'all. Flip it up! We will get back to you.. maybe. sometime. soon. possibly... I mean.. I want to.. but.. look a squirrel!

Dude, you bought your game 4 years ago! Quit your damn bitching like a Jersey Shore housewife. Let the man get back from vacation and he already said he will contact you. It was YOUR responsibility to make sure YOUR manual was correct 4 years ago.

#28 3 years ago

Mike was willing to help me get my playfield replaced when he didn't have to. I thought he did a great job and was very quick, to boot.

#29 3 years ago

Auto reply emails are real and they are fantastic. That will probably help for future vacations.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisrt2002:

Hang on, you bought this machine four years ago and you've called him over a dozen times in the past two months over a manual?!? And this was after you called Stern themselves and they couldn't help you? Ignoring that other people have chimed in to say that their ST Premium manuals are messed up in the same way, what leads you to believe that this is something he can even solve when Stern themselves can't? I don't understand any of this rant or how it could possibly be worth the time you've put into it.

Your entire diatribe reads like a warning to anyone you may want to do business with in the future to just walk away, that any deal/business that may happen could possibly be opened back up in FOUR YEARS over something small that they had no control over. I pity whichever distributor you call for your next game.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Dude, you bought your game 4 years ago! Quit your damn bitching like a Jersey Shore housewife. Let the man get back from vacation and he already said he will contact you. It was YOUR responsibility to make sure YOUR manual was correct 4 years ago.

This game was bought 4 years ago and this guy is whining about customer service?
    Really?

#32 3 years ago

I read it as he bought it 4 years ago but unboxed it recently

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Quoted from vdojaq:

Lol. Okay. That is very true now.. Working on it. Thanks for your advice.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Mike was willing to help me get my playfield replaced when he didn't have to. I thought he did a great job and was very quick, to boot.

Sounds like an awesome experience!

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from TVsFrank:

Hang on, you bought this machine four years ago and you've called him over a dozen times in the past two months over a manual?!? And this was after you called Stern themselves and they couldn't help you? Ignoring that other people have chimed in to say that their ST Premium manuals are messed up in the same way, what leads you to believe that this is something he can even solve when Stern themselves can't? I don't understand any of this rant or how it could possibly be worth the time you've put into it.
    Your entire diatribe reads like a warning to anyone you may want to do business with in the future to just walk away, that any deal/business that may happen could possibly be opened back up in FOUR YEARS over something small that they had no control over. I pity whichever distributor you call for your next game.

I do have high expectations. Please don't take my money.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisrt2002:

Lol. Okay. That is very true now.. Working on it. Thanks for your advice.

Trust me, you and GAP will figure it out.

#37 3 years ago

I bought 2 NIB pins from Mike and he was VERY slow to respond to emails in my experience. Took forever and several emails to get a receipt from him. He wasn't terrible to deal with but not great either. I'd buy from him again if the deal was right but I'll probably try someone else next time.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Trust me, you and GAP will figure it out.

Honestly you were 100% right. I was bitching like a Jersey Shore housewife... I was too high maintenance of a customer for Mike. PinRob hooked me up with that Marco link. Got the manual ordered today. Crossing my fingers that it is OEM and not just a bunch or half crooked Xerox copies. I honestly would have done that in a second had I know it was this easy. It would have saved me three months of frustration and kept the Karen in me at bay. I really felt like I was stuck without options once Stern wouldn't respond to my emails or messages and that Mike as my distributor was my only option. So simple. This forum and you fellow pinheads are so kick ass. Keeping people honest too.. Making a donation today!

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisrt2002:

Honestly you were 100% right. I was bitching like a Jersey Shore housewife... I was too high maintenance of a customer for Mike. PinRob hooked me up with that Marco link. Got the manual ordered today. Crossing my fingers that it is OEM and not just a bunch or half crooked Xerox copies. I honestly would have done that in a second had I know it was this easy. It would have saved me three months of frustration and kept the Karen in me at bay. I really felt like I was stuck without options once Stern wouldn't respond to my emails or messages and that Mike as my distributor was my only option. So simple. This forum and you fellow pinheads are so kick ass. Keeping people honest too.. Making a donation today!

Lol.... such self-reflection is rare on Pinside! I am glad it all worked out for ya, but really though Mike at GAP isn’t a bad guy.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisrt2002:

Crossing my fingers that it is OEM and not just a bunch or half crooked Xerox copies.

Have you looked at many Stern manuals? Their online ones are often abysmal. The printed ones I’ve seen are just printed copies of the online version.

Don’t get your hopes up. I bet you’re getting a hard copy of this: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Star-Trek-LE-Manual.pdf

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Have you looked at many Stern manuals? Their online ones are often abysmal. The printed ones I’ve seen are just printed copies of the online version.
    Don’t get your hopes up. I bet you’re getting a hard copy of this: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Star-Trek-LE-Manual.pdf

Yeah.. kind of wondering about that. I called Marco and told them about my copy concerns before I ordered. They told me they would check stock before hand. Will see.. anything at this point that is complete would be better than what I have.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Lol.... such self-reflection is rare on Pinside! I am glad it all worked out for ya, but really though Mike at GAP isn’t a bad guy.

100% agree. He is great when you can get a hold of him. But I need to hear from and get updates. I get really attached to the whole process and the machines. I am looking for a NIB Guns N' Roses LE if anyone knows of a good dealer they have had good communication experiences with. Most of my previous purchases were from Automated Services and I always had great luck with them. I unboxed a MOPLE that I purchased in 2013 this last December.. It was a time capsule.. and as soon as I updated the software the magnet board for the Hammer of Justice rarely grabbed the ball and it had the REV C board. I contacted Automated Services after Stern wouldn't reply to me and they got me the new board ASAP! 7 Years and 10 months after purchase!! That's what I am used to for service I guess. Hard to lower the bar after that. Probably will go back to them if they have any coming but I am open to suggestions.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisrt2002:

100% agree. He is great when you can get a hold of him. But I need to hear from and get updates. I get really attached to the whole process and the machines. I am looking for a NIB Guns N' Roses LE if anyone knows of a good dealer they have had good communication experiences with. Most of my previous purchases were from Automated Services and I always had great luck with them. I unboxed a MOPLE that I purchased in 2013 this last December.. It was a time capsule.. and as soon as I updated the software the magnet board for the Hammer of Justice rarely grabbed the ball and it had the REV C board. I contacted Automated Services after Stern wouldn't reply to me and they got me the new board ASAP! 7 Years and 10 months after purchase!! That's what I am used to for service I guess. Hard to lower the bar after that. Probably will go back to them if they have any coming but I am open to suggestions.

Mike at Automated rocks. Hope you find that GnR LE! Be sure to post in 2028 and tell us what you think when you unbox it.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisrt2002:

Just a mild case of tunnel vision ....... and BOOM!......cured!

#45 3 years ago

GAP sucks, everything they sell is horrendously overpriced

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisrt2002:

I have had luck with Chris at KingPin games out of Wisconsin, @kingpingames, if you’re looking for attentive service. And I think he has an “in” with the designer of GNR

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I have had luck with Chris at KingPin games out of Wisconsin, KingPinGames, if you’re looking for attentive service. And I think he has an “in” with the designer of GNR

yep, he'll be getting a call from me very soon

#48 3 years ago

Welcome to the Jungle Pinside!!! Coming to Jesus update - I called Marco and spoke with a great guy named Ryan. My order hadn't shipped and they indicated that there might be a problem as they don't know if the manual is even in stock now. So I called Michael F. Daddona Jr at Automated Services asking him about GN'R. Told him about the whole situation with GAP and he told me to send him pictures of the manual and he would take care of it. He literally begged me to not hesitate! Sounds like He is taking care of everything even though it isn't his problem to fix. He is amazing AND THAT IS HOW YOU DO IT!

And news on GN'R guys *$$$* Prices are going up $1000!!! after this next shipment is fulfilled in like May-June (2028 ) you will start seeing the increase. I put a deposit down on TWO GN'R LE's! One for me and one for my buddy Troy who has and still owns the first GN'R Pinball I ever got to play. I can't wait for summer! ( Double Vision - Foreignor )

#49 3 years ago

Chris, We re-ordered the manual from Stern tech support this morning and picking it up from Stern this Fri. As I said in this thread I would contact you when we get back from vacation. A week and a half ago we sent you the manual we thought was the premium and the opto you needed. Sorry it was he wrong manual. We didn't intentionally try to send you the wrong manual. As you stated, we sold you this game 4 years ago and we are trying to help you. If you dont need the manual at this time because you got it from Automated I understand.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Chris, We re-ordered the manual from Stern tech support this morning and picking it up from Stern this Fri. As I said in this thread I would contact you when we get back from vacation. A week and a half ago we sent you the manual we thought was the premium and the opto you needed. Sorry it was he wrong manual. We didn't intentionally try to send you the wrong manual. As you stated, we sold you this game 4 years ago and we are trying to help you. If you dont need the manual at this time because you got it from Automated I understand.

Awesome Mike! Thank you very much. Please send to the same address.

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-response-from-great-american-pinballis-all-ok?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.