(Topic ID: 63031)

No Replay feature on some 1970s Williams tables ?

By Heretic_9

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ccotenj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Did a threads keyword search in the forums here, which failed to narrow this down sufficiently, then spent about 20 minutes trying with Google. Anyway, so far I've found no trace of any Replay feature in an early 70's Williams table I just acquired, nor is it mentioned anywhere in the pdf manual I downloaded from IPDB. I had just assumed this feature was pretty much a given for all pins from at least 1970 on . . . as it is on my Bally Wizard ! from around this time, although that is user-adjustable. If the feature is indeed absent entirely, I don't suppose that can be remedied by some mod that is not a very major project ? (I'm fairly certain that the choice between having this Williams be a 3-ball or a 5-ball game *IS* user-adjustable.)

One other thing: the credits counter reel appears to be frozen. It's only been a few days, but so far I haven't managed to earn the 97,000 points or whatever it is for a replay, but neither has that counter decremented at all, over quite a few games, so it is clearly stuck. Not sure what to look for . . . .

#2 10 years ago

What title ?

Manufacturers did make some games that were add a ball only, for Wisconsin and New York in particular.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Sorry, my bad. That thread title *should have* read "No MATCH feature on some 1970s Williams tables ?" Clearly, there would be no point in having a Games Counter on this table if there was no Replay. (I think some of my synapses must not have been firing properly, when I got up this morning !) I'm familiar with the Add-a-Ball history in pinball, and have steered clear of such tables due to lack of interest. For my money, the chance to earn a Replay is emblematic and essential in pinball.

[I don't know if the original poster is allowed to alter the thread title here ? If not, hopefully some Pinside Moderator can correct my mistake ?]

The game in question is Jackpot, the 4-player version of Klondike.

#4 10 years ago

- you can edit it yourself by editing the first post...

- jackpot appears to be one of those games that is convertible between replay and aab... dunno if those are "missing" the match feature... also, even if the match feature is there, i would think setting the machine to aab would have to disable the match feature, as the primary reason for aab games was so that you couldn't "win" anything...

- a *guess*... it may be set to aab if the credits unit isn't "working"... there is a jones plug setting for this (see pic below, borrowed from ipdb)... it also may be hacked to never decrement as a way to set the machine to free play...

- if it doesn't have the match feature from the factory, yes, it would require major surgery in order to retrofit it... i'm relatively new to the hobby, but i've read about a zillion "things about em pinball", and i've never seen this done...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for those leads, ccotenj. I'll look around -- in the backbox and elsewhere -- for anything with a similar appearance to that pic. I'll also take another look through the manual. If there was a Match setting, it *should have* gotten some mention there. That would seem a curious omission.

#6 10 years ago

you are welcome...

the "extra ball adjustment" looks like it is in the head to me... that looks like a score reel to the left and below it...

let us know how it works out...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-replay-feature-on-some-1970s-williams-tables and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.