(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,479 posts
  • 299 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by snowy_owl
  • Topic is favorited by 68 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 184 votes
      57%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 42 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 97 votes
      30%

(323 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,174 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1993BB2F-F62F-4FD4-9CF8-F6BD4A301C42 (resized).jpeg
    FA1F8DC8-6266-4704-ABDE-6AECFFD3244C (resized).jpeg
    NAsH4E9.gif
    2020-02-19 19_06_56-Pinball Enthusiasts (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    space invaders3 (resized).jpg
    space invaders2 (resized).jpg
    space invaders (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    g4onXdY.gif
    c7775cbee3a3382f90e0494382435708c967db57 (resized).jpg
    7dc5fad0687249ad4bf89b0726c9dfc8f21145ee (resized).jpg
    5702ce97c26661ef43049c1f088d72afaf182047 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rjw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 2 years ago

I find the worst part about color GI is, people put how it looks ahead of how it plays.

We played a BSD in our league with the blue GI treatment and the owner doubled down by adding blue flipper bats.

It just looked awful, was almost impossible to see the ball and the blue GI almost made the flipper bats disappear into the art work in a big blue mess.

Mitch I never saw your Congo done up with green GI, good thing you changed it or I don't think we could've been friends

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

BSD with blue GI looks killer and doesn’t change the way it plays. Practically a must barf color game.

I wasn't aware that you had played the game in question. Thanks for the review.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

That black hole looks good. Everyone wants immersive pinball. Now if your floating around in space there is probably not alot of warm white light. I think the blue enhances the theme on this one. Can I say that or is this thread only for negative commentary?

This was my whole point from earlier. Whether it looks good or not is up for debate (I think it looks bad) but that LED job was done taking into account how it looks without giving any consideration to how it will play.

I certainly don't want 'immersive pinball' at the expense of being able to see/track the ball. I'm sure some can see/track the ball in that lighting but I sure can't.

And like Maken said, in a competitive environment those gaudy color GI LED jobs should be outlawed.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

So are you saying with the blue GI background light it would be easier to focus on the silver ball? Makes sense.

Uh, no it doesn't. You make it sound like the pinball glows silver independent of what GI is in the machine. If the whole game is blue GI, the pinball itself is reflecting blue light, which makes it 'disappear' into the playfield.

I'm seriously scratching my head at some of the posts in this thread. It's like people either don't read the thread title, feel it's their duty to try to make everyone's opinion the same as theirs or they are just trolling.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Well, "disappear" seems like it might be an exaggeration.

Thanks for your incredibly valuable contribution to this thread.

If you're done now, please leave and let the rest of us discuss the topic without your pointless trolling.

I'd suggest heading over to the Alien thread to tell them all how much you think that game sucks.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Did you post in the wrong thread?

No, that troll follows him around down voting his posts regardless of the content.

Pretty immature.

1 month later
    #919 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

There is no way that's an actual untouched photo. The photo has been saturated and darkened. Actually quite a few of the pics in this thread have been manipulated to look even sillier. That F-14 translite is another one. Are they bad, heck yeah but they are not super saturated like the photos claim they are.

That picture is taken directly from a local online ad. It looks exactly like that in the ad. So it wasn't doctored unless you're saying the person selling the game doctored the photo to make it look worse than it is.

#1035 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Which pic F-14 or IM? Also can you post link to ad? Maybe it's a fellow Pinsider.

The IM
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/ottawa/stern-iron-man-pinball/1320269505?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

There's literally hundreds of examples everywhere you look. Why would someone go to the trouble to 'doctor' one up?

#1055 2 years ago
    Quoted from trk12fire:

IM doesn't look like that with LEDs, it looks like this. People are changing the photos and using really bad examples.

Lol, break out the tinfoil hats.

It's an all out Pukegate, who knows how high up this goes!

Most of these pictures are from for sale ads.

Are you saying that people are purposely altering their own photos to make their games look like crap?

Seems like a strange strategy, when trying to market something for sale.

#1056 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Lol...holy shit, forget the bulbs man, I have to join Kiji just to screw with this guy for his $7500 price tag.

Maybe that price is a little high but it's not outrageous for our market up here unfortunately.

#1061 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

What are you smoking? $7500 cdn is outrageous! IM is a 6k game all day

Really? When I was looking for an IM (and gave up because of the prices) I didn't see a single IM for 6K unless it was sort of rough.

I guess you've been closely monitoring the prices in Ontario more than I have though.

#1090 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

How would you like it if someone started an OT club thread of stupid cities and states to live in. Then they targeted your personal city from your profile? You probably wouldn’t like it very much. But it would all be in good fun right??
    My point is let people do whatever the F$&@ they want!! Who cares!!! Seriously. rant over

This isn't an OT thread, it's quite relevant to pinball.

Secondly, you said it yourself, "who cares". I'll never understand why people get themselves worked into such a lather because of some random person's opinion on the internet.

You say let people do whatever they want but I guess that doesn't include posting in this thread.

#1302 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

You know, just three words can set you free.
    Focus. On. Yourself.

Please, explain to me how I'm supposed to "Focus. On. Yourself." when I show up to a league night or tournament and I have to play one of these colour bombed disasters?

To be clear, I don't care how awful (and most are) these clown puke games look. It's when I can't even properly track the ball it becomes an issue.

#1340 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

One of my "new" friends that comes over for my monthly pinball meets. The HH and TAF backglass don't look to bad but the rest????

In a haunted house it's usually dark and hard to see.

Great theme integration!

1 week later
    #1559 2 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Answer a question, please. What is the correlation between purple and Metallica?

Absolutely nothing. It's not about theme integration or even being able to play it for that matter.

I've played so many puked games that don't even play properly.

I bought a Taxi recently, all puked up but the ramps were all broken, the drop targets didn't register, it needed a flipper rebuild and was dirty.

The fact that someone would spend the time and money to jam a bunch of LEDs in it and not fix the game to play properly says it all for the clown puking 'movement'.

#1703 2 years ago
    Quoted from trk12fire:

How come none of you anti-pukers have pics of your game rooms?

Ummmmm....... because it's a thread for pictures of clown puked games, I don't have clown puked games, so no pictures for this thread.

Not really that hard to understand.

2 weeks later
    #1981 2 years ago

My clown puked Taxi when I first got it.

Someone took the time to jam this thing full of LEDs even though the ramps were badly broken, drop targets didn't register, it was dirty and the flippers needed a rebuild.

IMG_20171211_200634 (resized).jpg

#1988 2 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

That is just odd looking. But at least you can see the ball.
    The LED and Mod thing on a non-working game is pretty common. Sad, but common.

Yes, while it looks bad, it was quite easy to see the ball. As long as you don't mind flippers with lots of play in them and ramps that are missing a couple inches off the end of them, it played great!

I just can't imagine taking the time to put all those LEDs in a game when it doesn't even play properly.

1 week later
    #2120 2 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

We played it, my family played it, strangers played it, and the person that bought it played it. Nobody ever complained. just this little teeny tiny group in this thread doesn't like it. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. It was just one game of many, and most of my games now are original incandescent.

I guess you've never seen something that looks awful and just bit your tongue instead of telling the owner what you really thought of it?

Most people aren't going to come in your house and insult your poor taste in lighting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 7,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 23.00
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 40.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rjw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside