(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Or the blind community has really taken a liking to pinball in the last year. I can't believe the amount of colortrash out there.

Dammit, that deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure made a mess of things with what he started.

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Have had him on ignore for 6 months up until this week. Unfortunately this doesn't prevent him from stalking me and down voting my posts, which I can still see.

Who the f#ck cares, grow a set and ignore the terrible "down voter"

1 week later
    #341 6 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Not much more than a DMD will cause. Get a BentPlastic and go on with your life.

So your thought if I understand it is, buy ugly speaker lights that add glare, then spend more money for a glare guard to block the glare from the lights you don't like. Sounds like a great plan.

1 month later
    #905 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

The issue myself an other have is the everyone throwing everyone together in the your a clown puker club. The people ranting its scientific fact, and you are wrong if you put a color LED in GI. If you use color you have a low IQ. People climbing on their platform trying to wave thier dick around that they are an expert. I red, blued up a pinbot because the playfield was pretty shit and it helped hide some flaws. You can use color LEDs if you like it and its ok. You guys can have you laughs but its not humor when you just talking shit about people and trying to be superior.

So your admit you rainbow puked the game to hide it's flaws. How exactly did that happen, easy, the colored lighting made the game harder to see. It didn't make the game look better, it made it harder to see.

4 months later
    #2797 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

This isn't 100% specific to GI. But, do you consider putting lights in the star posts in the bottom sling area an affront to your color sensibilities?
    It seems OK to me as long as the GI is still white/stock. It just seems to add a little more light to the area. Just curious how others perceive this type of "mod?"
    Attached is an example from The Shadow

generally not visually painful, but generally dumb.

1 month later
    #2996 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Earthpuker
    Living in So Cal my whole life, I'm not sure if I remember a disaster quite like this one.

acid drop earthquake

#3014 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

A lot of people like that theme, I guess because like myself, they didn't really notice the half red and blue robot arms extending down the playfield...until you color the GI red and blue to match. I played this game for years and didn't see it until the colored GI brought it forward.

Some games are "ruined" by LED color schemes that make no sense, but the red and blue Pinbot isn't one of them, and people will pay for it. When it was time to move on, the buyer loved it as much as I did.

people don't notice the red blue split until the lights are added, then they don't notice the art since its screwed.

PB is ruined with that lighting, you are wrong.

2 weeks later
    #3035 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Have No Fear, purple man is here!

No taste, or color vision.

#3054 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

World Puker Tour.
    Shame it is a little difficult to color bomb the translite in this era Stern.

but the translight is miles better than stock at least.

#3071 5 years ago

You know that's gonna have those dumb ass leg lights on it too.

1 week later
    #3125 5 years ago
    Quoted from Schamattack:

I feel like some of these look bad because of faulty camera work. Dont get me wrong some of these are bad but not using the right filter can make some of these look worse then they are.

Having good lighting would remove the need for a filter to make it look better.

#3139 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I was just interviewing someone at wastewater and realized half way through my camera was pointed at a huge drum of shit & filth being stirred up. Actually a decent backdrop

Ahh you had detroit as a backdrop.

1 month later
    #3282 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

facebook is the most uneducated group when it comes to LED lighting. I didn't know so many blind people could use facebook.

Neo, facebook has nothing on the clownpuke that was shown here in the past. This place's clownpuke in the early led days will never be surpassed.

1 week later
    #3299 5 years ago

from the other thread:
    It is not available that way as the design of the Orion's Belt is side firing for the purpose of results in contrast with the Pin Stadiums so make a proper visual impact.

proper visual impact? take that crap out if you want proper visuals. This stuff burns more eyes than bukakke.

#3304 5 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

I see the Pinstadium thread is on fire, so I'm guessing people are slobbering all over it.

well, dogs are known to eat their own vomit and shit.

2 weeks later
    #3339 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Mankinds deepest philosophical question: Where is all this coming from?
    [quoted image]

Those look stupid, but you can see the targets and there is no art being messed up by the color so I'm fine with that.

1 month later
    #3469 5 years ago

restoration, to bring back to an original state. I've never seen a factory skateball look like that. That's not a restoration.

#3478 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

NO wonder expo is in the shitter.

LOL

2 months later
    #3644 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Why would you ever have pin stadiums that color?
    [quoted image]

because the owner is colorblind, stupid, and has money to waste on un-needed lighting because its trendy.

2 months later
    #3723 5 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

I’ve been in this hobby a little while now. I remember when woz was announced and when it came out... but what I don’t remember anymore is if people were clown puking before that... because I don’t really think they were... the led bulbs weren’t even all that great pre 2010 and many didn’t bother w/ them plus they were $$ so.... what came first? The woz or the clown puke?

Clown puke was before WOZ. there have been easily available LEDs for several years better WOZ. and pinball life had them cheap, the ablaze line

2 weeks later
    #3758 4 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

The green in the trans really sets it off
    [quoted image]

its the vomit from the rafters.

1 month later
    #3862 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm my early days, I played games on location with these kinds lights on them. At the time, I thought I just sucked really bad. It was because I was basically flipping blind. You cannot see anything when you have lights other than some form of white on the playfield. I remember playing a purpled out TAF and didn't know any better. It's already a very dark game with Comet 2SMD white lights. It was pretty much unplayable with purple everywhere.

its great on location, you can't see, you don't know better, you drop coins even faster.

#3879 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

I'm simply stating that pictures don't do a good job at representing what a machine looks like in person. The picture makes it look very washed out, when in person, it's not that way. It's over saturated in the picture.

The picture is over-saturated yet it looks washed out?? No, it just looks like crap here and in real life.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=marvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.