(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,209 posts
  • 452 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 248 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 58 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 150 votes
      33%

(456 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_157961_0 (resized).jpg
    rainbow-centaur-mens-t-shirt (resized).jpg
    FdmlqFrR_400x400 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_084956_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_085002_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_0257.gif
    Screenshot_20240314_124458_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-190113 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8057803_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7360 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7324 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7307 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    id-44 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
    img_0604.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maken.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 6 years ago

Great thread buddy. I remember the ultra green Congo. (Now, if we could just get that colour-changing mystery insert out of there... Lol)

It is short-sighted to call members of this club "haters" and I would surmise that those who do so are not competitive players. As RJW alluded to, you are choosing aesthetics over playability when you use colour GI (and/or incorrect flipper bats).

It is particularly annoying in the competitive environment. Playing in a tournament last weekend, there were a few rainbow puke games that made ball tracking very difficult. On F-14, when the ball was in the upper PF area you could barely see it.

Think about playing during multiball and how much tracking that your eyes are doing, quick checks here and there, slight glances, trying to make nudge saves on the outlanes while hitting a jackpot shot at the same time. All of this is made incredibly more difficult when visibility drops.

Just say no to colour GI. If you absolutely must use colour, a painted incandescent bulb has less negative effects on artwork and visibility.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

That black hole looks good. Everyone wants immersive pinball. Now if your floating around in space there is probably not alot of warm white light. I think the blue enhances the theme on this one. Can I say that or is this thread only for negative commentary?

For your next trick, are you going to go into the mod removers club and tell them all about the plastic toys you like to plaster all over your games?

#95 6 years ago

Who Dey, you really are a trolling piece of shit. Biggest troll on pinside. You have nearly 1200 downvotes, whats the all time record?

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

How do you find out how many up votes and down votes somebody has?

Click on the user, click on the forum tab.

Awaiting my Who-Dey downvote for providing you with this information.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Ignoring will help your blood pressure

Have had him on ignore for 6 months up until this week. Unfortunately this doesn't prevent him from stalking me and down voting my posts, which I can still see.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Why the hate? Did you post that the Bengals suck? Lol

Stems back to me calling out some Stern shills regarding ongoing production quality issues. One of them actually donated $50 to pinside after he found out that the "information" he posted was completely incorrect!

Had no desire to start a feud with these people, just didn't like seeing obviously false claims being posted and encouraging others to spend lots of hard earned dollars on products with known issues. So they've branded me a Stern hater, even though I actually love Stern, own TWD, AC/DC and LOTR, have owned T3, XMLE, WPT and would love to add TSPP and MET at some point.

Sorry for the slight derail, lets get back to colour GI fails!

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Awww someone butt hurt because people think your game looks terrible

You elderly millennial! Lol

3 weeks later
    #638 6 years ago

Pukers... that's a funny word. Can I use that?

1 week later
    #899 6 years ago

Welcome to Pinside Science 101 with Professor Everyone

3 weeks later
    #1791 6 years ago

Those Iron Man flipper bat toppers are the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time. Another pinball collector choosing aesthetics over playability.

#1923 6 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Imagine explaining your "epidemic" or reciting what you just wrote to a non-pinball person out in public.
    The only epidemic are some pinball dorks taking things too seriously making us all look like dorks
    Im done with this.

Us dorks are advocating for proper lighting, making it easier for everyone (including new players) to see the ball and play the machine to the best of their abilities. What a bunch of dorks/old farts/teenagers/bigots/fascists we must be.

You are in the wrong thread, guy.

#1929 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

What brave warriors you are to stand up and tell others to stop liking things they like!
    May God bless you on the noblest of quests!
    Now, less bloviating and more picture taking!!!

Ahh the fascist response again, classic.

Care to actually respond re: gameplay/playability? Or are you one of those guys who just stares at his pins?

2 weeks later
    #2164 6 years ago

It's not just about being able to see a single ball in the middle of the playfield. You 'friends of pukers' ever play multiball? Lots going on, important to see it all, clearly and easily.

#2172 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Pinbot has multiball. Maybe you should try it.

Two balls being tracked by your eyes at the same time in Pinbot. Or maybe six balls, depending on the game. Must be nice to be able to track many balls while easily making centre drain saves and nudging the outlanes in poor lighting conditions... No big deal!

#2176 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Yessir, my ball times were so long on my Pinbot that sometimes I'd just shut it off and walk away. Funny thing is over the past couple years I need readers now to see menus in restaurants. My guess is you don't play Space Station or WOZ at all.

Your guess is incorrect, I play all games, including pinbot, space station and WOZ. Seeing as you are so concerned about the games I play, I will let you know that I play at a competitive level, ranked in the top 400. You don't get there by never having played Pinbot. Congratulations on being so good at pinball that you just walk away. Man, you must clean up in A division!

You won't see me complaining about games that were designed to have colour GI by the designers (nor is that the point of this thread, OP owns a Met Prem, but it was designed that way, not sure why the friends of pukers continue to attempt to be clever by posting pics of games with factory colour GI...), but I think it's important to consider that those decisions were made during the design phase by professionals, based on a number of factors. Factors that the average puker does not consider when puking out an EM that is already very short on GI, or a DMD game with many hidden feeds and/or a huge multiball. Space station is a very wide open game with few hidden feeds. WOZ is a modern game with much more thought and technology put into lighting than in days past.

When you puke out a game that is already difficult to see because it has poor lighting and/or hidden feeds, you are making it more difficult to track balls while playing the game. Some games are affected more than others, arguing that because space station has a green GI mode, no other pinball machines ever made would suffer visibility issues from colour GI... that's a logical fallacy. You aren't proving anything but your own poor ability to make a valid argument. Similar to how none of the friends of pukers can rebut irobots posts.

Think about something like CFTBL... it's already dark and difficult to see, now if you add green bulbs to the GI, it becomes a nightmare. (Yes, I have played CFTBL, btw)

#2177 6 years ago

Also of note: players don't control ambient lighting at leagues/tournaments. Just because you can see and play for days on your own puked out game in your gameroom doesn't mean that the conditions will be similar in all places. Another logical fallacy. Some hosts won't even turn on ambient lighting! Good luck tracking 6 balls on a puked out game at those places. But, you don't have those issues because you are so good at pinball, must be nice.

#2179 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Relax, Maken. Its just pinball. I don't play tournaments, but at the ones I have seen there has always been plenty of overhead light to supplement any game play. Colored GI has never posed a problem for me as far as playing is concerned. I was just commenting on these blanket statements saying *all* colored GI is impossible to play. That's pure BS for the casual player. Which is probably a large percentage of the folks here and even larger outside of this site.
    Its one thing to dislike puked games because of how they look. Some I don't like, some I do. Aesthetically, I don't care for even white LEDs in some classic games. But there's been comments that my puked games were unplayable...and that's simply not true.

So you have no clue what you are talking about then. Another brilliant rebuttal.

#2183 6 years ago

So if a game was meant to be a puked dark mess then its totally fine because 'professionals'.
    Point taken.

Are you saying that you don't respect the knowledge and experience of those in the industry?

Care to provide some examples? Care to rebut any of my points?

Didn't think so.

#2185 6 years ago

Your point is that its fine to not be able to see a game as long as it came that way.
    Thats not an 'argument' or even a worthwhile 'point' let alone one worth spending any time rebutting.

Reading comprehension issue on your part.

My point was that the knowledged experienced people in the industry are better equipped to make that decision, savvy?

#2187 6 years ago

[removed]

#2189 6 years ago

You may justify your intellectual dishonesty any way you like.
    A puked game thats hard to see is a puked game thats hard to see. Regardless of whether a 'professional' put in the colored bulb.
    I'm happy to agree to disagree with you.

So all games are made the same, got it. No games are harder to see in certain areas than others. No eras have better lighting than others. No games have different amounts of balls than others. No games have more hidden feeds than others.

There you have it, all pinball machines are the same! Designers are useless!

Is there even an example of one single game that was released as a "puked dark mess"? You are just making things up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maken.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=maken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.