(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#471 6 years ago

From Facebook:

Clownp3 (resized).jpgClownp3 (resized).jpgClownp2 (resized).jpgClownp2 (resized).jpgClownp1 (resized).jpgClownp1 (resized).jpg

#476 6 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

the Alternate Backglass which doesn't look as bad as the movie glass

Yeah...and it's rated A for adult.

#489 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Best thing you've said so far sport.......
    Here are a few tastefully moded pins with James' help of pinballbulbs.com as a counterpoint.

Still no.

#491 6 years ago

The JP was in equal condition. Made the deal with a friend. No regrets.

#506 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Lol...case in point.

JM ranked #72...JP #60.

#512 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

You keep holding on to that truth with the rest of the pious followers of the white light.

lol... whatever dude, it's just pinball.

#541 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

This should be good for a laugh, your not actually going try and convince us the science of art. All that is going to be proven is you have no understanding of either.

You do realize that you can hold an opinion...and at the same time that opinion can be factually wrong.

#564 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jive:

This is my submission. On the right is when I first got the machine, and the left is after I fixed it. The purple didn't look bad in person, just too dark.

See...there is artwork on that table.

#571 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

You know what would be a good product?
    If someone with artistic ability put together LED light sets that slightly enhanced the look of the original game.
    The way to figure it out would be to start out by replacing all the incandescent bulbs with a warm white frosted bulb with identical brightness.
    Then you would artfully swap out certain bulbs for cool white to enhance certain blues and greens.
    Then you would swap out certain bulbs with slightly brighter bulbs to enhance dark areas as needed.
    Then you would swap out certain insert bulbs with colored bulbs to enhance tired inserts.
    At that point, you'd have a mix of LED bulbs that made the game look newer and better. Use the technology to artfully rejuvenate and improve the game.
    Instead of making the game look like a nightmare you had after you ate sardines, chocolate ice cream, a taco bell burrito supreme, and a bottle of chambord.

Well here is what a STTNG backbox looks like originally (top) followed by what I did to it with LEDs (bottom) (That bright light just above the upper ship is just a reflection from a ceiling light):

STTNG Backbox before (resized).jpgSTTNG Backbox before (resized).jpgSTTNG Backbox LED (resized).jpgSTTNG Backbox LED (resized).jpg

#622 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Please re-post all the messages you guys send to these companies telling them that they're idiots and ruining pinball for selling colored light bulbs!

No

#636 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

"It looks amazing!"

WTF

#644 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

So I'm curious to see what the consensus is on my lost world. It's got the full led treatment, with warm whites in the gi and colors in the inserts and pop bumpers.

That's not terrible.

#655 6 years ago

this thread is like the walk of shame if your pin ever shows up.

#716 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Do you play in the dark or with overhead lights on? I think this makes a difference.......

Lights on...almost always. I even think they look better that way. My lights aren't super bright though.

#717 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Pinball always equates to a dark arcade or pub

I've never seen a totally dark arcade... or pub for that matter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.