(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,254 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Jason43
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8096331_0 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Swainer80.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 6 years ago

Ugh. . . who color coordinates inserts. . . The only color that needs coordinating is red, it washes out. Please put green under teals. . it looks great! Warm under warms, cool under cools . . that is it.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Actually, I have found after maybe 200 games, it depends....anything Stern, I agree for almost all.
    Take the blues in TSPP, I prefer ice blue, but warm white looks not so good.
    Williams not so.
    Just an example RS or TZ, inserts that are all yellow, or orange, some of the plastics varied in thickness, color, and plastic degradation.
    RS bonus lights, I needed a different bulb under each one to match.
    Lastly, to get yellow inserts richer, a 2 smd frosted, works better, especially if the insert plastic is aged, crazed, or thin.
    But overall, I'll agree, I'm just anal.

Ill give you that. My bark was more in the spirit of the rainbow puke. People putting those deep indigo blues in games to where you can't even see what the hell the insert says. Cavalierly throwing "similar colors" under inserts because they sort of match. The ice blues are a nice way to give faded blue inserts their color back. (Time machine's fifties inserts, Cyclone's multipliers, F14's chevrons). I try to keep the game true to form so when the one sees the game it looks just a little brighter and livelier than incandescents but still keeps artists true intent. Honestly the only bulb I use is the frosted 1 smd 5050 in everything and can proudly tell you that thousands of your comets are in me and my friends games. The only time I have to put a colored bulb in an insert is red, warm and cool whites just make the red inserts look worse than an incandescent. I get the anal-ness I have a rainbow of colored sharpies to get the color temperature a little more consistent on the warms and use purple markers on warm domes to get them to bring the purple back on silver sluggers inserts.

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I don't think I've ever used a blue bulb in an insert... rarely in GI.
    I know others can see the ball in a colored GI,
    They hurt my tired old eyes.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude in my reply,
    I appreciate the support for Comet, as well.

You weren't rude in the slightest. It didnt come across that way either. Hell if i had your stock of bulbs im sure I would have a blast trying all of them out. Your ice blue is one of best led colors. I actually had to put them in the clear inserts of my LW3. They look that good!

2 weeks later
    #520 6 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Another overused Pinside term. Everyone thinks their LED job is tastefully done.

Mine are, thank you!

2 weeks later
    #1018 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed. And we're trying to explain to them the color puking is like dressing their beautiful baby up like a filthy whore and posting pictures of them online.

OMG I'm dying over here!

#1024 6 years ago

Up on the STL Craigslist. For your viewing pleasure. It could be all yours!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 year later
    #3707 5 years ago

From the proud state of Missour-ah!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Swainer80.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=Swainer80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.