(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,254 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Jason43
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8096331_0 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinstein.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago

Everything in moderation.

20170815_172510(1) (resized).jpg20170815_172510(1) (resized).jpg

20170829_101704 (resized).jpg20170829_101704 (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago

Ice blue is a nice color that works really well in some games. Galaxy, BOP and others that have a cooler feel.

#32 6 years ago

It is an it has flame LEDs behind the torches and a 7 LED strip plugged into the "high score to date" socket that flashes and is placed behind the cobra.

#66 6 years ago

That black hole looks good. Everyone wants immersive pinball. Now if your floating around in space there is probably not alot of warm white light. I think the blue enhances the theme on this one. Can I say that or is this thread only for negative commentary?

#71 6 years ago

Fair enough. The LEDs do emit more lumens than an incandescent and are actually brighter though a different hue. Some people think my girlfriend is fat, I think she looks good, but she's sexiest in the dark.

#73 6 years ago

So are you saying with the blue GI background light it would be easier to focus on the silver ball? Makes sense.

#76 6 years ago

Well, "disappear" seems like it might be an exaggeration.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Wow. That TZ is horrendous! Anyone who disagrees doesn't have any aesthetic sense and should not be allowed to "decorate" anything.

says the guy in a bowler hat and suspenders. But honestly I applaud your uniqueness and style like we should do for anyone trying to express their own creativity even if its just playing with LEDs.

#129 6 years ago

Your black hole would be epic with flourescent white pinballs.

#172 6 years ago

The worst are those terrible color dmd mods. Crazy that these people think those color graphics actually look good. Its a real attack on the designers who obviously intended the displays to be orange. I converted my Star Trek LE to incandescents. Some technological advances are a real step backwards.

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it wasn't really that I was expecting it to be worth half. It was driving the point, that when you sell a game, you want it to show the best that you can. Over there, is where this color puke thing is becoming the biggest problem. One guy does it, and the others pat each other on the back, which encourages the next one and so on. That's why it's so out of control over there. Nobody has the balls to tell them it looks like cold dog shit. So with me starting the coversation off with a serious reduction offer because of the lighting. It ends up being more of an impact, than if I just said it straight up looked like shit. It's the 2 guys that are determined to say it looks good, that continue to be the problem. Pinball is ment to be used and played. Not only are the visuals displeasing, but the functionality of it goes right out the window. When you have colored GI's, you really can't see shit when you play. Makes it very difficult.

When you find yourself explaining "why your not an asshole . . ." your probably an asshole.

#211 6 years ago

I dont know if anyone noticed but the entire industry has shifted to LED's because they're better in every way. Thats real science.

#216 6 years ago

Stage lighting has nothing to do with pinball machines. If anything it must contradict your opinion on incandescents as Im sure the book must tell you that certain colors can be used to incite some emotional and physical responses.

#227 6 years ago

This thread reminds me of that old joke "How many pinsiders does it take to change a light bulb . . . "

#238 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

What do you guys say we all ignore Steve McQueen and his buddy until we can have an adult conversation or this thread will be destroyed

There's no adult conversation going on here. Just a lot of sanctimony laughing at peoples pins behind their backs. Probably why your being trolled.

#242 6 years ago

Yes you do wear your opinion on your sleeve like a red band. Trying to stop the creation of future LED users does seem like the final solution. I think Ive even read a call to violence on this thread.

#245 6 years ago

Those glow in the dark condemns do make your dick look bigger but the color washes out my pubes.

#255 6 years ago

Its tough to shoot the flashing arrow when you cant see what it says.

#259 6 years ago

I know the difference. Im just lazier than UR.

#269 6 years ago

It would look cooler with red LEDs in the sharks mouth. More anatomically correct and maybe a little bloody looking. Orange inside a sharks mouth just makes no sense and I promise you this was not a design choice by bally. If you cannot see the point value as well big deal. Even those stationary targets can be enhanced. The targets themselves are clearly red white and yellow while the incandescents in the inserts makes them all look a different tone of orange.

#274 6 years ago

I'm sure the minutia of these details was inconsequential to bally at the time and they never thought anyone would debate such a detail. Therefore the orange was good enough or more likely cost effective and not a conscious design decision. I doubt any pinball designers from 20 years ago actually called out the colors for the inserts on their games. Ive had a couple of Pharaohs and I have seen them with different inserts depending on when they were made in the production run. How preposterous.

#280 6 years ago

Wasn't Sean Connery a green knight in an old movie? Can I see that in red? Red might work better.

#281 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

and the inside of a sharks mouth is actually WHITE.

Looks like you are right. Here's an Atlantis with clear inserts in shark mouth. Maybe they went to orange when they ran out of clear. Id still put a red or maybe pink LED in there.

25619cf65207c42944910abae5831e7a4216bba1 (resized).jpg25619cf65207c42944910abae5831e7a4216bba1 (resized).jpg

#303 6 years ago

Wow, that fish tales looks amazing. Makes me want to own one again. Compare the backglass, which has been highly accentuated with just the right LED scheme to look brilliantand vibrant with highly contrasting colors, to the one posted before it with incandescents where all the colors contain the same orange/ yellow wash to which really diminishes a lot of the color contrast and especially adversely affects the blues. It's also a more accurate representation of the art as this is what it was meant to look like in print, and the heavy warming from incandescent bulbs is more of an unfortunate and unintended consequence. For a higher stimulation of the senses the LED's offer are much more scintillating experience. But, thats just how I see it.

1 month later
    #929 6 years ago

Because its a hater thread that attacks people vicariously through their pinball machines.

#932 6 years ago

You mean like reverse racism? Pretty sure its real. All the attacks against rainbow colors sounds homophobic.

#943 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No, like using the term vicariously like you did. I don't think you can vicariously do something through an inanimate object can you?

Hmm, your point is well taken. Still people put a lot of love into their machines. Some would consider them their "baby." So when they get attacked it becomes personal and I think the use of vicarious is appropriate. Whether its correct or not I don't know.

#955 6 years ago

You dont like my LED job? Thats ok, I slept with your wife.

#968 6 years ago

You are not an artist, or you would not be trying to stifle other peoples attempts at being creative with their games.

#975 6 years ago

Im appalled that you feel you can speak for every artist on here. Once someone owns a game its theirs to do with as they please. There is not some ethical lighting standard that their purchase contracts them to adhere to. If they had somehow found the original archived artwork and illegally defaced it well that would be appalling but making easily reversible lighting choices is far from desecrating. Personally I think the Mona Lisa would look better with a pencil mustache.

#978 6 years ago

I have never seen an LED job affect the price of a game whether up or down. If someone is selling a game and they spent time and money on LED's they usually make sure to mention that as a feature in the listing though. If someone tried to talk me below market value on a game because of my LED job I would politely show them the door.

#979 6 years ago

Since its christmas time here's my leg out the door to the "Bumpus hounds." Check out my awesome Galaxy. Lots of blacklights and a flourescent white ball. Oh the humanity!

20171213_121210 (resized).jpg20171213_121210 (resized).jpg

20171213_121300 (resized).jpg20171213_121300 (resized).jpg

#1076 6 years ago

I think trolling a hater thread it totally appropriate. The entire premise of this thread is to mock peoples games. You've got to at least give them a chance to respond. No other club threads are meant to mock.

#1083 6 years ago

If you feel your games need to be factory then your a member of the status quo and either just lack creativity or are too afraid your efforts would equal and epic fail. I dont want my blackout to look like every other blackout. I want it to look like MY blackout. If you think Ive insulted the playfield art then your the one thats overly sensitive. Viva la LED's!

20171214_105254 (resized).jpg20171214_105254 (resized).jpg
    20171214_105304 (resized).jpg20171214_105304 (resized).jpg

#1100 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I can take a better pic of the AFM later. I don't generally take a lot of pics of my own games...

How absolutely generic. Which one of your wives holds the current high score?

#1105 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey look out Utah jokes! A slight bit more amusing than your translites

Quoted from jar155:

Your attempt at humor is sophomoric.
    Also, if you're going to accuse anybody of being generic, maybe pick an avatar and not use the absolute lamest username possible. Maybe try that. Maybe also try not to use the oldest and worn out joke available.

Your both right, but you've both been jerks too. So dont expect any apologies.

#1107 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff colored balls and goddamn flipper toppers (Uff I throw up a little bit in Pinstein's mouth even having to type that term) are pretty bad.

Just dont try and kiss me when you get that close. Im very handsome.

7 months later
    #3110 5 years ago

Sometimes its fun just to change things up. You know like when your wife or girlfriend puts on hooker makeup and lingerie.

4 months later
    #3457 5 years ago

Man that Xenon is stunning. Surely an improvement over factory lighting.

7 months later
    #3898 4 years ago

Wow that Farfalla looks beautiful. Great Job!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinstein.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=Pinstein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.