(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,257 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 minutes ago by freeplay3
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Giulio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1516 6 years ago

Lol. I got a Jack*Bot and was in the middle of setting up the left=blue and right=red “thing”, then I saw some pics and man... that’s disgusting and really looks crap. Reverted back immediately

#1696 6 years ago

Come on, i’m getting on an EasyJet plane right now, with electric blue and purple lights inside and I said loud voice “that’s clown puuuuuuuke”. Will someone understand?? Now I close my eyes, these lights do hurt a lot my retinas.

#1742 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

The earlier pictures of Fire and Dr Who are not horrible. I thought that is the way Fire looks.
    A bad DW would be something like this -

These lights make me wanna wear glasses that could revert this purple shame-
    I wonder if people that do these disasters then really play the game or keep passing time "testing" new horrendous bulbs on their pins.
    The more time I spent on this thread the more I love classic old warm bulbs... I just reverted half of my Jack Bot...and gonna chek the others.

#1751 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

I just came up with the ultimate pinball accessory:
    Why color-blob-LED the game when you can blob your eyes and CUT OUT THE MIDDLEMAN?
    Welcome to the pinball revolution
    If your game is already a rainbow of delightful artistry, now it will EXPLODE with color.

#1795 6 years ago

4BE10C4D-D81A-436A-B602-352C948E2391 (resized).png4BE10C4D-D81A-436A-B602-352C948E2391 (resized).png

1 week later
    #2032 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Who is worse?
    The Random Blob of Color Brigade or the Pure Purple Brigade?
    I would have said the Random Blob gang are the worst offenders, but this purple-o-gized translite is a masterpiece of awfulness
    The irony is that people are getting on our back because we're not showing enough respect for their clown puke "artistry".
    First of all, there's no artistry involved in clown puke (let's be real), and secondly, how about respecting the work of the artist who did the original game art?

This is really disgusting. Unlimited shame. Even if it's your "own property" there is a moral law that should speak to pinball owners and suggesting that an ugly color mesh is absolutely against nature and disgusting. Anti estethic shameful confusing eye burning color blob.

#2033 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Who is worse?
    The Random Blob of Color Brigade or the Pure Purple Brigade?
    I would have said the Random Blob gang are the worst offenders, but this purple-o-gized translite is a masterpiece of awfulness
    The irony is that people are getting on our back because we're not showing enough respect for their clown puke "artistry".
    First of all, there's no artistry involved in clown puke (let's be real), and secondly, how about respecting the work of the artist who did the original game art?

I could not agree more and If I would be a pinball design artist, I would be VERY offended if someone would dare to destroy mi colors like that.

As I consider pinball design a truly form of Americana (Art), why should someone dare to do shameful color blobs like that ? There is no reason even if the pins are your own property-

Yesterday I had a very long discussion with a mate of mine that puked his newest pins. He was new to leds and very "enthusiast" about these.
    I showed him this thread and in the end you know what ? He agreed and started reverting back the shame he did. By the way it was TOTAN and Creature, completely ruined by eye burning color leds. Impossible to play both.

I saved two pins !!
    Cheers

#2048 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

This guy is a hero. He rescued two pins back from clown puke purgatory.
    I wonder if clown puke is going to catch on in Europe. Europeans seem to have more refinement than Americans, in general.

Well, thanks...two pins that got back to their wonderful original colors. I'm starting to spread the anti puke Verb on this side of the ocean. Clown puke perhaps is not so diffused but it's spreading very fast (and modding with the ugliest trinkets I ever saw the best pins yes it is too.. and that's another thing I do not like) and I saw such eye burning disasters that I started laughing at it loudly, anywhere I saw them, so somebody is thinking and someone luckily reverts back. There is a tournament in my city next month and the owner of the pins is on the anti clown puke side, another True Believer , so my eyes will not suffer.

Anti Clown Puke Believer. Let's save other pins.

#2090 6 years ago

The more I see this thread the more I understand how badly it is playing clown puked pins.

Here is a fantastic FirePuke in all his blinding (for real) glittering awesomeness.
    I notice the owner probably mixed Jack*Bot color scheme with this (red/blue sides) and made things even worse.

7E20E0DA-672F-433F-8F93-7DF6752A2C88 (resized).jpeg7E20E0DA-672F-433F-8F93-7DF6752A2C88 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #2369 6 years ago

This anti clown puke crusade is a holy and right one.
    Dismantle all of your purple bombs, you clown puked pinball owners.
    Repent, you can still save your pin soul.
    Imagine how a pinball artist could feel astonished in watching his art completely ruined.

Really, the more I see the pics... the more I’m convinced these people do not play their pins at all, just look proudly their “lighted creations”-
    It is really a shame to ruin such beatiful things as pinballs. Really bad ignorant taste.

#2413 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I absolutely despise the Pinstadium purple mode.

Agree 100%, that's not anymore a pinball machine it's a Luna Park.

2 weeks later
    #2582 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Clown puke is the silicon ass cheek implants of pinball.
    Combined with a septum nose ring and a lower back tattoo that says "Princess" in swirly fancy script.

LOL !!!!!

1 month later
    #2747 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

I very much agree. Really brings out the art.

In fact the one on the left... looks like a big purple&blue blinding turd . How to destroy nice pinball art.

2 weeks later
    #2800 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Fresh off e-bay. 1973 Williams Jubilee. I think if LEDs had been a thing back then, I would have probably found somewhere else to hang out

Pure atrocity. Colored leds in this nice pin is really the most stupid thing to do.

1 week later
    #2864 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Is this Spoilers from the new season of American Choppers this month?

LOL!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Giulio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=Giulio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.