(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,254 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Jason43
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8096331_0 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 6 years ago

Two more Abominations!

White_Water_PF (resized).jpgWhite_Water_PF (resized).jpg

GOTTLIEB_BLACK_HOLE_PINBALL_MACHINE_LED_s_HUO_05_ya (resized).jpgGOTTLIEB_BLACK_HOLE_PINBALL_MACHINE_LED_s_HUO_05_ya (resized).jpg

#83 6 years ago

Wow. That TZ is horrendous! Anyone who disagrees doesn't have any aesthetic sense and should not be allowed to "decorate" anything.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

says the guy in a bowler hat and suspenders. But honestly I applaud your uniqueness and style like we should do for anyone trying to express their own creativity even if its just playing with LEDs.

My avatar isn't me. Its King Crimson guitarist Robert Fripp. I'm all for experimenting on your own, but this is a thread making fun of poor lighting choices.

#97 6 years ago

I think we need to buy as many blue LED's as possible, just to have a destruction party. Have a get together and smash the sh!+ outta them!

IM-Blue-1web_1024x1024 (resized).jpgIM-Blue-1web_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

#99 6 years ago

Blue washes out all artwork and makes it impossible to track the ball. How do so many people not see that! Is there such a thing as blue light tolerance? That's the only explanation I have.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Ah, I've seen that as well. I eventually changed to the setting to only show up votes. It's so weird you post something generic and get random downvotes.

We are adults here. Why do so many people care about down votes?

#105 6 years ago

Down votes are one thing, following you is another. Obsessively following someone should be an offense worth banning.

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Cirrhosis of the Gi & Hulk smash High Speed...twas a learning process lol

We all need to learn, my friend

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Click on the user, click on the forum tab.
    Awaiting my Who-Dey downvote for providing you with this information.

Ignoring will help your blood pressure

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Stems back to me calling out some Stern shills regarding ongoing production quality issues. One of them actually donated $50 to pinside after he found out that the "information" he posted was completely incorrect!
    Had no desire to start a feud with these people, just didn't like seeing obviously false claims being posted and encouraging others to spend lots of hard earned dollars on products with known issues. So they've branded me a Stern hater, even though I actually love Stern, own TWD, AC/DC and LOTR, have owned T3, XMLE, WPT and would love to add TSPP and MET at some point.
    Sorry for the slight derail, lets get back to colour GI fails!

You are cool. He's dead to me. Pass it to a moderator.

#177 6 years ago

Whoever LED'd that Doctor Who should be drawn and quartered!

#196 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

If I ever sell a rainbow puke game I'll let you personally kick me in the nuts.

And I will too!

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Thank god to this day I still don't have a Facebook account. In regards to LOTR, I think it looks best in all incandescent and that's how mine was when I owned it.

Quoted from kvan99:

If I ever hear anyone describe an LED job they dont' like as "Rainbow Puke" or "Clown Puke" I'll definitely kick someone in the nuts. It's just like one of the many mindless sayings on Pinside..."Epic, Deep Rules, World Under Glass"...Phulease, get some new material.

How bout you go to a thread with your own like minded people instead of stomping around like a little brat that didn't get what he wants

#199 6 years ago

Mwong. Didn't mean to quote you. My bad

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how about we just describe it as straight up stupidity then. Because if you put colored bulbs in the GI's....that's exactly what it is. You ruined the art package of the game. You have now made the game visually unplayable, unless your game is setup in the backyard in the middle of a sunny afternoon. And the only one that can compliment you on the looks if your color spaz, is Stevie Wonder.

Amen brother. I actually studied lighting design for theatrical productions. there are so many rules with color and light it's insane. That's why cinematographers in movies make big bucks. They are trained! It's not an idiot thinking something looks good because it's bright.

#201 6 years ago

Cinematographers are "painters with light" if anyone doesn't know. It's a science

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

How many games have you shopped with lights? Let's see some pictures with a Cinematographer's eye.... Btw, I know it was mentioned already but nice hat.

And you're Steve McQueen right?

#206 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

How many games have you shopped with lights? Let's see some pictures with a Cinematographer's eye.... Btw, I know it was mentioned already but nice hat.

I'm not a cinematographer. I've done stage lighting design. I'm a member of the stage hands union (IATSE).

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I'm also not attacking you. Just understand that lighting design is a science. Do whatever you want to your games, but maybe you will check out lighting theory to help guide you. I just want you to expand your horizons.

#212 6 years ago

Here's a good book on what I do.

612s69is7uL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg612s69is7uL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I dont know if anyone noticed but the entire industry has shifted to LED's because they're better in every way. Thats real science.

No one is disputing that Led's have value, it's just the improper ways some use them that is a problem.

#229 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Stage lighting has nothing to do with pinball machines. If anything it must contradict your opinion on incandescents as Im sure the book must tell you that certain colors can be used to incite some emotional and physical responses.

What you are trying to do with all lighting, is accent the colors that are there, not create new colors, because "those are the ones I like". Yes, colors and emotion go hand in hand but you can't just artificially create them.

#234 6 years ago

What do you guys say we all ignore Steve McQueen and his buddy until we can have an adult conversation or this thread will be destroyed

#243 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Fripper, say it isn't so! Et tu Brute? (That was just for you since you like being on stage) Btw, do you like hot pants?

Love me some hot pants. As long as we can all have a good conversation with no petty bickering than of course, stay!

#247 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

It's all in good fun. I'm sure none of these fine gentlemen resort to violence over lights. I'm sure some of them might have been laid once or twice.

It is fun. That's why we are here. I take it all with a grain of salt. I have too many real problems to worry about. Just remember, if we don't agree about something, it doesn't mean I don't respect you. I love 99.9% of all of you!

#343 6 years ago

Looks like the tornado consumed the Skittles factory!

WW5-225x300 (resized).jpgWW5-225x300 (resized).jpg

#344 6 years ago

Here's a good comparison. Just look at all the color and artwork you lose.

bly_cosmos2 (resized).jpgbly_cosmos2 (resized).jpg

d690250b78374ed83ed4f7fb0f12ff6aa7b05848 (resized).jpgd690250b78374ed83ed4f7fb0f12ff6aa7b05848 (resized).jpg

#361 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

I hate to cast stones because I’ve made some dubious choices in the past too but these Dr Who examples - wow.
    (VS what it *should* look like)

That Doctor has been mentioned. I think the offender is currently serving a lengthy prison sentence or at least should be!

#452 6 years ago

Blasphemy! Pure Blasphemy!

#457 6 years ago

Don't feed the fire Neo. I know you are right. Don't give them the satisfaction.

#462 6 years ago

Holy Aquaman, Mitch! I think that Waterworld might be worse than the movie!

#480 6 years ago

GREAT SCOTT!

#514 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

You keep holding on to that truth with the rest of the pious followers of the white light.

Sounds like a cool band name at least. I'm a little confused here, are you having fun or are you genuinely upset? Either way, you have provided endless entertainment since the start of this thread and I thank you.

#530 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

This should be good for a laugh, your not actually going try and convince us the science of art. All that is going to be proven is you have no understanding of either.

It's not science of "art", it color and lighting theory, which is what art schools teach as fact! My background is in lighting design for theatrical productions, bands, plays, etc. I had many classes on this subject. I posted a good book earlier in the thread, when I get home I'll recommend more. I went to school with some cinematographers and you should see how far down the rabbit hole these guys go studying nothing but light and color. They are highly trained.

#565 6 years ago

Let's just say some people enjoy learning things and expanding their knowledge base. Others hold fast to an idea and become, blind, deaf , and dumb to all other rational thought. Bottom line, like what you want, but don't dismiss something without looking at it from all sides. I agree, it's time to stop arguing about light and color, it's getting tedious. Bring on the pictures!

#578 6 years ago

That's hysterical!

1 week later
    #733 6 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I have been following this Thread and agree many of the examples look blown out.
    Some of them look great (that received scrutiny). I see what everybody is trying to say, blown out neighborhoods of the same color led look disco.
    To someone they looked rad and worth doing. Don't take the happiness away, OK?.

That's why it stays in this thread. If people enjoy the unicorn shit look, they shouldn't be in a thread for people that dislike it. I read on another thread people saying this thread is damaging to the community and mean spirited. That couldn't be further than the truth, there aren't any personal attacks, it's just having a laugh and showing people other ways to do things. It's all in good fun and a little educational as well.

#738 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Are you serious? Please link the thread. I normally avoid the "look at what I did crap" but if there are tasteless snowflakes thinking "we are damaging" the community I'd love to laugh in their faces. How may of them have been doing this for decades and devoted huge parts of their lives to the restoration and playing of these games.

It was in that "Pinside opinions" thread from a couple days ago. My phone won't let me link it.

#1000 6 years ago

Some of you guys should learn to meditate. It's great for your blood pressure. This turned from a harmless fun thread into something else. Lighten up. This is supposed to be a fun hobby.

#1094 6 years ago

That truly is an AMAZING!! Spiderman. I didn't know radioactive spider bites could cause visual hallucinations.

2 months later
    #2398 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Well, it seems those 1 or 2 people have deep pockets. That exact BK2K sold on Ebay for $3995, which is way more than the game is worth with incandescent bulbs, IMO

Simply not true. You can "rip" off people whether you have incandescent bulbs or LED's in a machine. Probably a situation were someone wanted one game for a "man cave" and had no idea what they were doing. I don't understand why some think there is inherent value in the mere fact a game has LED'S, obviously as this thread shows, they are often screwed up beyond belief and need to be replaced.

3 months later
    #2941 5 years ago
    b15 (resized).pngb15 (resized).png
    2 months later
    #3218 5 years ago

Blackout backglass

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=Frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.