(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,254 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Jason43
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8096331_0 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 8,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 166.
    #4451 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh it's been mentioned believe me. Gross.

Yep, that's like putting lipstick on a pig.

#4452 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yep, that's like putting lipstick on a pig.

Neon lipstick, and then sticking a black light 2 inches from it with 3 fingers gagging your throat and the other hand punching you in the fucking eyeballs yelling "cool right hahahaa isn't this cool!!!!"

Actually, at least that sounds like an interesting time.

#4453 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Neon lipstick, and then sticking a black light 2 inches from it with 3 fingers gagging your throat and the other hand punching you in the fucking eyeballs yelling "cool right hahahaa isn't this cool!!!!"
    Actually, at least that sounds like an interesting time.

Tell us how you really feel

#4454 4 years ago

#4455 4 years ago

UV color fail

5702ce97c26661ef43049c1f088d72afaf182047 (resized).jpg5702ce97c26661ef43049c1f088d72afaf182047 (resized).jpg7dc5fad0687249ad4bf89b0726c9dfc8f21145ee (resized).jpg7dc5fad0687249ad4bf89b0726c9dfc8f21145ee (resized).jpgc7775cbee3a3382f90e0494382435708c967db57 (resized).jpgc7775cbee3a3382f90e0494382435708c967db57 (resized).jpg
    #4456 4 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

UV color fail[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There’s no failure here. The UV light color is perfect. It just has no fucking business on a pinball machine.

#4457 4 years ago

I dont' know why stern is trying to do this. There is no way you can play that game like that. If it was a feature to only come on during 1 certain multiball, I could see it happening, because it would be a hard multiball like Tommy mode. But if the game is like that all the time. They are just trying to feed these assclowns more encouragement to pull this crap.

#4458 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I dont' know why stern is trying to do this. There is no way you can play that game like that. If it was a feature to only come on during 1 certain multiball, I could see it happening, because it would be a hard multiball like Tommy mode. But if the game is like that all the time. They are just trying to feed these assclowns more encouragement to pull this crap.

It is not like that all of the time, only when in certain modes which in this case is a good effect IMO as it relates to feeling like you are in the Upside Down:

However, I've not heard from anyone who has experienced it firsthand to give an honest evaluation.

#4459 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

There's a (seemingly) random mode called The Upside Down. I believe this is when the UV lights turn on.

#4460 4 years ago

However, I've not heard from anyone who has experienced it firsthand to give an honest evaluation.

Because they are on the ground having a seizure?

#4461 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It is not like that all of the time, only when in certain modes which in this case is a good effect IMO as it relates to feeling like you are in the Upside Down:

#4463 4 years ago
    Quoted from MD_Pinball_Dude:

Same thing I thought when I experienced strobe multiball in a pitch dark room on my new AFMr.

#4464 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

this seems to be ok then as it would be like Green light mode on space station or red mode on atlantis.

#4465 4 years ago

Gorgar pukes.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
    #4466 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Gorgar pukes.[quoted image]

They invented colored bulbs for a reason. This guy hasn’t figured out why.

#4467 4 years ago

Talk about alien invasion of destruction. This game is already dark to play. There is no fucking way, this is playable in a semi dark to dark room. After posting this pile on FB he quickly turned off commenting.

space invaders (resized).jpgspace invaders (resized).jpgspace invaders2 (resized).jpgspace invaders2 (resized).jpgspace invaders3 (resized).jpgspace invaders3 (resized).jpg
    #4468 4 years ago
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #4469 4 years ago

You no longer can see the piece of shit. I mean that character, Hanky.

2020-02-19 19_06_56-Pinball Enthusiasts (resized).png2020-02-19 19_06_56-Pinball Enthusiasts (resized).png

#4470 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

[quoted image]

It makes a difference all right.

115 bulbs? It's amazing the time that people spend to make their games look like shit.

#4471 4 years ago

Aside from a few inserts, I always thought of Space Invaders and Centaur as having fantastic black and white art. The added color just cheapens the classic look.

#4472 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Aside from a few inserts, I always thought of Space Invaders and Centaur as having fantastic black and white art. The added color just cheapens the classic look.

It's too bad the gameplay on Space Invaders doesn't match up with the art package

#4473 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

It's too bad the gameplay on Space Invaders doesn't match up with the art package

Total dog.

#4475 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

[quoted image]

Who in their right mind thinks this shit looks good???

#4476 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

Who in their right mind thinks this shit looks good???

People who say.."tastefully done LEDs" or "makes a huge difference".

#4477 4 years ago

or another words, people who don't actually have to play these games. Or play them outside at high noon when GI's are no longer needed.

#4478 4 years ago

Recent Facebook for sale ad.
    Pukes...Camera...Action!

1993BB2F-F62F-4FD4-9CF8-F6BD4A301C42 (resized).jpeg1993BB2F-F62F-4FD4-9CF8-F6BD4A301C42 (resized).jpegFA1F8DC8-6266-4704-ABDE-6AECFFD3244C (resized).jpegFA1F8DC8-6266-4704-ABDE-6AECFFD3244C (resized).jpeg
    #4479 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Recent Facebook for sale ad.
    Pukes...Camera...Action![quoted image][quoted image]

At least the playfield isn't too bad...

#4480 4 years ago

FFS. The "best part" is now-a-days you can't even clown puke games yourself buying LEDs, you have to for someone to make shitty colored gels for you to buy from them; wow.
    Eat'em up and smile though. Don't hate the player and all.
    yodasdick1 (resized).jpgyodasdick1 (resized).jpgyodasdick2 (resized).jpgyodasdick2 (resized).jpgyodasdick3 (resized).jpgyodasdick3 (resized).jpg

#4481 4 years ago

Dolly Purpton
    607DEE30-E918-4653-B615-887B860A3FB9.jpeg607DEE30-E918-4653-B615-887B860A3FB9.jpeg6C1296D7-58BD-4F9D-86EE-9987EE510292.jpeg6C1296D7-58BD-4F9D-86EE-9987EE510292.jpeg8AADAE87-C1D6-40BD-9538-A1D62C4A0315.jpeg8AADAE87-C1D6-40BD-9538-A1D62C4A0315.jpeg

#4482 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Dolly Purpton
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Playfield ware too...

#4483 4 years ago

Look at this shitfest on Location as well. Whoever puts these out like this should be fired. You expect people to pay money to try and play this crap? I've had to try and play games like this, and it was impossible. We had to have someone hold a phone above the game with flashlight on, so we could see enough to play. Stupid fawkers!

sterns site (resized).jpgsterns site (resized).jpg
    #4484 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Look at this shitfest on Location as well. Whoever puts these out like this should be fired. You expect people to pay money to try and play this crap? I've had to try and play games like this, and it was impossible. We had to have someone hold a phone above the game with flashlight on, so we could see enough to play. Stupid fawkers![quoted image]

But...but...but Jungles are green man.

#4485 4 years ago

Fuck, there's so much offensive to choose from right there....but I'm gonna say the Blue in the WH20 Topper is the fucking worst thing.

#4487 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Look at this shitfest on Location as well. Whoever puts these out like this should be fired. You expect people to pay money to try and play this crap? I've had to try and play games like this, and it was impossible. We had to have someone hold a phone above the game with flashlight on, so we could see enough to play. Stupid fawkers![quoted image]

Is this Sunshine Laundromat?

#4488 4 years ago

That congo is particularly bad. If you’re going to ruin a game like this then you don’t deserve to own it. Sell it to me, I’d like a Congo

#4489 4 years ago

The only illumination for pinball machines that haven't been DESIGNED to use LED's is incandescents. Always has been, always will be. Anything else is crap. Anyone who uses LED's in place of incandescents isn't even worth insulting.

#4490 4 years ago
    Quoted from BlownXstr:

The only illumination for pinball machines that haven't been DESIGNED to use LED's is incandescents. Always has been, always will be. Anything else is crap. Anyone who uses LED's in place of incandescents isn't even worth insulting.

Not true at all. If done correctly with the right LEDs in the right spots then it will look good. Just not with random bloody colours everywhere like most machines in this thread.

#4491 4 years ago
    Quoted from BlownXstr:

it's not the LED's that's the problem. It's the stupid option to use color in place of white to illuminate your playing surface. 2smb daylights from comet are very close to incandescents, and have great light distribution properties. even games that didn't have enough GI sockets from the factory, are nice and visible. brightens up, normally dark games. Bulbs are great too. LED's do offer great choices in whites, and low heat with less taxing amps on your system. But the key factor is WHITE....only WHITE, nothing but the WHITE for GI's. Did I mention white?

#4492 4 years ago

Not to mention the elimination of most of the heat the incandescent bulbs put off. Over time, the incandescent bulbs have taken their toll on pinball plastics. We have all seen it. The daylight LED bulbs are a great option for light and to preserve plastics over the long term.

#4493 4 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

Not to mention the elimination of most of the heat the incandescent bulbs put off. Over time, the incandescent bulbs have taken their toll on pinball plastics. We have all seen it. The daylight LED bulbs are a great option for light and to preserve plastics over the long term.

Also, they last A LOT longer. I can’t stand having even one burnt bulb in any of my pins, and without LEDs I was constantly changing bulbs. Something always burned out daily. Now, I think I only changed one bulb in two years.

#4494 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Also, they last A LOT longer. I can’t stand having even one burnt bulb in any of my pins, and without LEDs I was constantly changing bulbs. Something always burned out daily. Now, I think I only changed one bulb in two years.

And way less strain on all electrical components using LEDs.

#4495 4 years ago

Warm white for life

#4496 4 years ago

For you wrestling fans out there WWE does not stand for Walk With Elias. It stands for Warm White Everywhere

#4497 4 years ago

Rainbow Zombie

Screenshot_20200226-084124_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200226-084124_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #4498 4 years ago

Classically bright games like RZ really pop with a clown puking

#4499 4 years ago

RZ is hard to see anything in normal white light. I can Imagine how unplayable that one is. Bet it has only 10 plays worth of ball time on it.

#4500 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Bet it has only 10 plays worth of ball time on it.

Well...you can't blame him fro that no matter what colored lights

There are 8,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/90?hl=md_pinball_dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.