(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    There are 8,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 166.
    #352 6 years ago

Not near as bad as many examples already posted but I am not even keen on something like this where a green LED is placed behind Yoda (or Dino on Flintstones). Yoda did not need the extra green. He is not that green and his cloak is burlap/white - this makes him look like Kermit the frog.

BA27EE68-E716-44CC-A83C-9F79E9C64D3C (resized).jpegBA27EE68-E716-44CC-A83C-9F79E9C64D3C (resized).jpeg

#353 6 years ago

Still want to see color changers everywhere, it would satisfy an inner desire to see something so awfully overdriven in color for 5 seconds and immediately following run away as fast as possible.

#354 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

Not near as bad as many examples already posted but I am not even keen on something like this where a green LED is placed behind Yoda (or Dino on Flintstones). Yoda did not need the extra green. He is not that green and his cloak is burlap/white - this makes him look like Kermit the frog.

May the croak be with you.

#355 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

And the LEDs are spotting. Does not look good.

#356 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1510492235307 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1510492235307 (resized).jpg

#357 6 years ago

One for sale locally. For whatever reason, this seems especially horrible on an EM.

Screenshot_2017-11-12-09-13-29 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-11-12-09-13-29 (resized).png

#358 6 years ago

For the love of all things holy, why oh why would anyone put those awful color leds in that EM? It looks like a psychedelic freak show on acid.

#359 6 years ago

I hate to cast stones because I’ve made some dubious choices in the past too but these Dr Who examples - wow.

(VS what it *should* look like)

94C217AD-58AD-433A-BB5E-6421B0662E00 (resized).jpeg94C217AD-58AD-433A-BB5E-6421B0662E00 (resized).jpeg

80E523AE-8E52-40AB-BDE2-D51DCD2575C5 (resized).png80E523AE-8E52-40AB-BDE2-D51DCD2575C5 (resized).png

#361 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

I hate to cast stones because I’ve made some dubious choices in the past too but these Dr Who examples - wow.

That Doctor has been mentioned. I think the offender is currently serving a lengthy prison sentence or at least should be!

#362 6 years ago

Picked up a Spiderman this weekend. Wasn't too bad but had to change some bulbs out to cool white to fit my personal preference.

20171112_112956 (resized).jpg20171112_112956 (resized).jpg

20171112_112439 (resized).jpg20171112_112439 (resized).jpg

#363 6 years ago

I see Stern is using a new Photoshop tool filter:. Green and Gray. Makes the plastics art just "Pop", don't ya think?

NOT!

#364 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

This is the main purpose of threads like this. For people to learn. You learned. You listened. You advanced. Congrats on learning the errors of your ways. and joining those who are not visually impaired.

#365 6 years ago

Today on Facebook...

Screenshot_20171112-144435 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171112-144435 (resized).png

#366 6 years ago

I guess you can throw every game TNT as worked on into this thread.

#367 6 years ago

Even Todd learned his lesson.....

When I watched the first one, he even pointed out the "blue LEDs in the translite" and I was like, "NOooooo"

slugfest_bad (resized).JPGslugfest_bad (resized).JPG

slugfest_good (resized).JPGslugfest_good (resized).JPG

#368 6 years ago

I generally don’t like coloured GI but when I bought my TWD Pro it had amber incandescents in the lower GI. I switched them back to white LEDs but missed the look it had. So I have since gone back to amber but with LEDs.

D105E08F-35D2-4664-8396-C6165791054E.jpegD105E08F-35D2-4664-8396-C6165791054E.jpeg

476C7589-B84D-4BA1-B9CF-783EFBB396FA.jpeg476C7589-B84D-4BA1-B9CF-783EFBB396FA.jpeg

#369 6 years ago

Star Trek pro I had last year. Wow, I thought it looked good at the time. Now, not so much. Lol.

Here's factory 20160923_234436-1.jpg20160923_234436-1.jpg How I had it when I played it20161119_111455.jpg20161119_111455.jpg How it was when I sold it20161119_115124-1.jpg20161119_115124-1.jpg

#370 6 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

I generally don’t like coloured GI but when I bought my TWD Pro it had amber incandescents in the lower GI. I switched them back to white LEDs but missed the look it had. So I have since gone back to amber but with LEDs.

Standing by for the beatings...everyone loves a good horror flick.

more-popcorn (resized).pngmore-popcorn (resized).png

#371 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Standing by for the beatings...everyone loves a good horror flick.

You no like ?
    It’s a lot more subtle effect to the eye. Phone cameras always exaggerate the colours of LEDs.

#372 6 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

You no like ?
    It’s a lot more subtle effect to the eye. Phone cameras always exaggerate the colours of LEDs.

I don't like it at all.

#373 6 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

You no like ?

I'm just saying that the majority of the folks in an anti-GI-LED thread are going to dislike it. The biggest complaint will be that the colors change the artwork colors, and that you lose the effects of small details such as blood splatters in the plastics. I'm not really a big fan of any other color but white right near the flippers, because colors tend to make it a little more difficult to play. I do kind of like the red tinted translucent plastic protectors. Yes, they inundate the plastic art with color...but the red fits the theme well, and the white lights under the plastics shine out to the flipper area, as well as protecting the plastics

TransRed_ProtSet_TWD-3 (resized).jpgTransRed_ProtSet_TWD-3 (resized).jpg

#374 6 years ago

Can't remember if this one has been posted here or not

8da1c86be10a32435fc08ae5ddb2cf040783c8a2.jpeg8da1c86be10a32435fc08ae5ddb2cf040783c8a2.jpeg

#375 6 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

You no like ?

I agree, it looked good as factory. Other 2 are terrible.

#376 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I'm just saying that the majority of the folks in an anti-GI-LED thread are going to dislike it. The biggest complaint will be that the colors change the artwork colors, and that you lose the effects of small details such as blood splatters in the plastics. I'm not really a big fan of any other color but white right near the flippers, because colors tend to make it a little more difficult to play. I do kind of like the red tinted translucent plastic protectors. Yes, they inundate the plastic art with color...but the red fits the theme well, and the white lights under the plastics shine out to the flipper area, as well as protecting the plastics

I understand what you are saying because I feel the same way about mods in games. Some of the shite that people stick in their games is mind boggling. Take TWD as an example. The train tracks look f****** awful.

#377 6 years ago

Never thought I'd say this, but I don't hate the Amber on TWD. I'd kind of like to see one done completely in Amber. I think it gives it a bit of a "torch-lit" effect. Plus there isn't a huge amount of detail in the plastics or playfield. That's one where I'd consider doing some playing. I think it would likely end up with Warm White or Sunlight, but the Amber might be worth playing around with. Certainly is better then one's I've seen that are pure Red.

#378 6 years ago

Okay, I hijacked this photo recently posted here on Pinside over in the Gottlieb System 1/80 thread.

OP Says he plays it more than any other game right now. I wonder if he is damaging his eyesight?

eye hurt GW (resized).jpgeye hurt GW (resized).jpg

#379 6 years ago

POTC.jpgPOTC.jpg

#380 6 years ago

I love all this color puke shaming. Don't let up. We can de-color GI one game at a time. It's the noblest of all goals.

#381 6 years ago

I'm just going to leave this right here...

"This WPT is in great shape. I've done a custom set of Non-Ghosting LEDs using bulbs from Comet to tastefully highlight the playfield."

!ugh (resized).JPG!ugh (resized).JPG

!ugh2 (resized).JPG!ugh2 (resized).JPG

#382 6 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Okay, I hijacked this photo recently posted here on Pinside over in the Gottlieb System 1/80 thread.
    OP Says he plays it more than any other game right now. I wonder if he is damaging his eyesight?

It hurts my eyes just looking at it
    What game is that? I like the 3rd flipper drain design to the left.

#383 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

"This WPT is in great shape. I've done a custom set of Non-Ghosting LEDs using bulbs from Comet to tastefully highlight the playfield."

Lipstick on a pig.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

It hurts my eyes just looking at it
    What game is that? I like the 3rd flipper drain design to the left.

Gold Wings

#384 6 years ago

Couldn't have said it better myself.

#385 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Never thought I'd say this, but I don't hate the Amber on TWD. I'd kind of like to see one done completely in Amber. I think it gives it a bit of a "torch-lit" effect. Plus there isn't a huge amount of detail in the plastics or playfield. That's one where I'd consider doing some playing. I think it would likely end up with Warm White or Sunlight, but the Amber might be worth playing around with. Certainly is better then one's I've seen that are pure Red.

So it's only ok if YOU like it!? Hahaha..sure

#386 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Looks like this person has more money than taste.

#387 6 years ago

Sing along.......It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...............

#388 6 years ago

All this purple could be yours for the low, low price of $5,500.
    2195b7aeb83facd5edc7007a91a05ab0365e442a (resized).jpg2195b7aeb83facd5edc7007a91a05ab0365e442a (resized).jpg

#389 6 years ago

Why botherwith the hassle of colored LEDs when you can just illuminate the whole game in color for your Ebay photos?

s-l16001 (resized).jpgs-l16001 (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#390 6 years ago

It would be cheaper and easier to just get a playfield size colored cellophane sheet. Most of these games are either red or blue.

Is the wall behind the bed covered in Hot Wheel cars packages?

#391 6 years ago

Just saw this on Facebook. It makes me think people are starting to wake up. This was an advertisement for Pin Stadium lighting. It talked about the one on the right is a set of carefully chosen colors to bring out the color of the playfield.

PinStadium (resized).jpgPinStadium (resized).jpg

To people visiting this thread and defending the rainbow puke please look at this picture. Look at the overwhelming color saturation on the left blotting out detail. How can you defend that crap.

#392 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

How can you defend that crap.

Because a lot of people love that crap?

PT_SeattlePinballMuseum (resized).jpgPT_SeattlePinballMuseum (resized).jpg

Eden Stamm (resized).jpgEden Stamm (resized).jpg

little-boy-playing-a (resized).jpglittle-boy-playing-a (resized).jpg

pinball-1 (resized).jpgpinball-1 (resized).jpg

#393 6 years ago

"I could not be happier"

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Why botherwith the hassle of colored LEDs when you can just illuminate the whole game in color for your Ebay photos?

That bedroom though. How much vagina has been slayed in that room...

#395 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Because a lot of people love that crap?

But it IS crap.

People doing this to their machines have poor taste and are putting awful aesthetics over playability. These are pinball sins. They should feel bad and they should repent and seek forgiveness.

#396 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

So it's only ok if YOU like it!? Hahaha..sure

Not sure if your serious or not, but...yes. I think people should make their machines look the way they look good to them. Likewise in a thread like this you should state your own opinion. Obviously there are going to be people who disagree and that's fine. Either join the discussion or ignore them. I do think it makes for a more interesting discussion if you can explain the reason behind your choices. Thus, I explained my justification as to why I didn't mind the Amber. I'm not stating it as a fact it's just my opinion.

#397 6 years ago

Just came across this one on Facebook.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#398 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

That bedroom though. How much vagina has been slayed in that room...

Notice the fuse box. It really is a parents basement.

#399 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

But it IS crap.
    People doing this to their machines have poor taste and are putting awful aesthetics over playability. These are pinball sins. They should feel bad and they should repent and seek forgiveness.

Crusade all you want, only other pinball hobbyists will get it. I have a friend who is a casual player, his eyes light up and he begins drooling when he sees this stuff. I've brought games into my place and he's all shocked when I tell him I am not going to LED the game. It's a disease, and those suffering are drawn to the bright and gaudy games like zombies.

tumblr_mwsgahknYq1saywemo1_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_mwsgahknYq1saywemo1_500 (resized).jpg

#400 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

These are pinball sins. They should repent and seek forgiveness.

You need to get out of Utah my man...

There are 8,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/8?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.