(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    There are 8,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 166.
    #4101 4 years ago

Frosted domes. Uncovered or lensed led are pretty harsh.

#4102 4 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

Do you only use the frosted in GI or do you use clear? I found them on comet website but was curious, I always thought you use frosted in GI since some of them you can see.

frosted. As the frosting distributes light more evenly. it's like a diffuser

#4103 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I've never found any use for an LED that isn;t frosted.

Mirrored electro mechanical games or early black and white mirrored arcade games.
    A good example would be the explosions on a game like Sea Wolf or the scope on a Sub game like UpScope.

Something where you want it really bright because you only viewing a reflection of it through a two way mirror.

#4104 4 years ago

Just saw this on CL. I have a pretty long fuse when it comes to this topic, but holy smokes. This Pin Bot would give me a headache!
    00909_faLauigF0xg_1200x900.jpg00909_faLauigF0xg_1200x900.jpgNote the maching flipper rubbers

#4105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thunder90:

Note the maching flipper rubbers

7E504654-EEB8-4621-A47E-056C04618A94.gif7E504654-EEB8-4621-A47E-056C04618A94.gif
    #4106 4 years ago

I've seen a lot of those pinbots decked out in red and blue. Reminds me of the ziplock bags my wife buys that the zipper turns purple when you seal them.

#4107 4 years ago

C-eizure V

B7DD9038-059A-4A8A-9284-165E77DAC134 (resized).jpegB7DD9038-059A-4A8A-9284-165E77DAC134 (resized).jpeg
    #4108 4 years ago

Theory: Maybe people feel the need to match the GI to the coloring of the wires?

#4109 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

C-eizure V[quoted image]

I like how the fucking trough puke really tops it all off

#4110 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Theory: Maybe people feel the need to match the GI to the coloring of the wires?

Try that with a Gottlieb! "White with a trace of (color A) and a trace of (Color B)".

#4111 4 years ago

least with gottlieb wiring, they could color match white for everything since every wire is white. there's a chance they could not do them like a dumb asshole.

#4112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Been getting a good laugh out of this thread. The guys I work for have been converting all of their older pins to leds, and while some of them don't look half bad, the others have been reaaaal ugly. My bosses think they look awesome though, so we keep banging them out, if any of them were mine they'd be going back to regular bulbs, or at least all white leds.
    PS: Any EM pin with an LED kit looks like shit!!!

Preach it! I only stick warm white frosted LEDs in my EM to protect the paint and inserts from any further damage.

#4113 4 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

Do any of you guys still use the old bulbs? I only ask because I have quite a few boxes I would be interested in getting rid of.

I have a bag of the ones I pulled from my Williams (1977) if anyone wants these.

#4114 4 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Life is too short to be hating.....

Make time!

#4115 4 years ago

Man I made the puke mistake on a few games when led bulbs first surfaced ... All gone in the wasted money box..

#4116 4 years ago

When I saw this Speakeasy, I knew it had to be rescued and fixed. So I did. Now, it’s getting sold back to its original owner.

0F7222DA-28B5-4C37-8AAF-AA04C33B6C01 (resized).jpeg0F7222DA-28B5-4C37-8AAF-AA04C33B6C01 (resized).jpegFAE32B96-2899-4616-ABDA-9F74085901EC (resized).jpegFAE32B96-2899-4616-ABDA-9F74085901EC (resized).jpeg
    #4117 4 years ago

Looks great! I hope you got a little more selling it back!

#4118 4 years ago

Safe Puker:
    Color puked Safe Cracker (resized).jpgColor puked Safe Cracker (resized).jpg

#4119 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

When I saw this Speakeasy, I knew it had to be rescued and fixed. So I did. Now, it’s getting sold back to its original owner.[quoted image][quoted image]

now look at these 2 pictures. There is no way, anyone can say the colorshit looks better than the correct way.

#4120 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

Looks great! I hope you got a little more selling it back!

I did indeed

#4121 4 years ago
    tumblr_mp0eb2qzxk1s7y8efo1_400.giftumblr_mp0eb2qzxk1s7y8efo1_400.giftumblr_mp0eb2qzxk1s7y8efo2_r1_400.giftumblr_mp0eb2qzxk1s7y8efo2_r1_400.gif
    #4122 4 years ago

I've never played a Purple...err I mean Polar Explorer before.

72368295_2587207771340434_6366068382319509504_n (resized).jpg72368295_2587207771340434_6366068382319509504_n (resized).jpg
    #4123 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I've never played a Purple...err I mean Polar Explorer before.[quoted image]

believe it or not. It actually has all the correct lights in it. THe problem is the room had a blue bulb illuminating the room that throws off being able to see anything. It was like playing a game in strip club lighting. Wasn't so bad when you stood in front of the game and blocked the room light from shining on the field.

#4124 4 years ago

Magenta Madness...and friends.
    2CF39CFE-849C-4293-9FE5-AC3EE7180E8B (resized).jpeg2CF39CFE-849C-4293-9FE5-AC3EE7180E8B (resized).jpeg

#4125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Yeah, that's the new color changing GI so at least there is an excuse there. Not that I am a fan of that, it looks ok on WOZ and Wonka due to the theme, but neon pink and purple don't do much for a medieval game.

Here's one with no such excuse, a Rainbow Stones.
    194b1b3dea577388477ee7dcd113d0b8cc6feff2 (resized).jpg194b1b3dea577388477ee7dcd113d0b8cc6feff2 (resized).jpg

#4126 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

At least it’s at the extremities. Still a crime. Just a misdemeanor vs a felony.

#4128 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

So, seems we have to throw CGC into the club now?

We already did long ago; the new games are fucking horrific. At least there's menu options to turn all their puke off.

#4129 4 years ago

so it can be turned off? Thank god for that. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to include that an an option. Do they not read these threads?

#4130 4 years ago

MB = hit dracula, all leds flash red. Hit creech everything turns green. I guess it might help a complete fucking idiot....thats deaf.
    So yes things like that you csn turn off.
    All those hypnotic shitty saucer rotating lights in AFM 8 don't know but I would assume you can.

#4131 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Do they not read these threads?

Maybe because you guys are in the minority for not liking color in your games?

#4132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Maybe because you guys are in the minority for not liking color in your games?

not at all. Most of us like to be able to actually see and play our games. There is only a small percentage that never play them and wipe them off with a diaper. Those are the color puke ones.

#4133 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

not at all. Most of us like to be able to actually see and play our games. There is only a small percentage that never play them and wipe them off with a diaper. Those are the color puke ones.

Lol, i dont know about that. Ive never had an issue of not being able to see and play the game due to some lighting.

#4134 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And werent you just making fun of the new MM release and its color? This thread is far from just picking on people with overly colorful games. You were just making fun of a stock game lol. And im sure the makers wouldnt release it with a problem of not being able to see the ball or play the game correctly.

#4135 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Lol, i dont know about that. Ive never had an issue of not being able to see and play the game due to some lighting.

I have, and it's annoying as all get out, to the point that I certainly won't put money into a game with colored GI or even press start on a game set to free play. It is objectively more difficult to see the ball with colored GI than with white (any temperature).

#4136 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I have, and it's annoying as all get out, to the point that I certainly won't put money into a game with colored GI or even press start on a game set to free play. It is objectively more difficult to see the ball with colored GI than with white (any shade).

Perhaps that's an eye problem and not a game color problem. Ive never had that issue, ever.

Some people do have an issue with their eyes and glare/reflections and things of that nature.

#4137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Perhaps that's an eye problem and not a game color problem. Ive never had that issue, ever.
    Some people do have an issue with their eyes and glare/reflections and things of that nature.</blockqu

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #4138 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

[quoted image]

Now im thinking I have the eye problem? I cant see anything in the post lol

#4139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Now im thinking I have the eye problem? I cant see anything in the post lol

No disrespect, but it is a laughing GIF. In any case, I won't argue with you about being able to see/not see the ball. I can't see the ball with colored GI, at least not nearly as well as with white.

#4140 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

No disrespect, but it is a laughing GIF. In any case, I won't argue with you about being to see/not see the ball. I can't see the ball with colored GI, at least not nearly as well as with white.

Oh, no disrespect at all. But I was being serious. I know people who have issues for things like that and they are legally allowed to tint their windows past the legal limit due to them not being able to see correctly from glare and brightness.

I dont care if someone likes colors in their games or not, its a simple matter of opinion. But personally, I think people do in fact like colors in their games and that MM is going to sell for sure.

I just find it funny that the thread is called "worst GI fails" and ive seen a few times on here a stock game being made fun of.

#4141 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Oh, no disrespect at all. But I was being serious. I know people who have issues for things like that and they are legally allowed to tint their windows past the legal limit due to them not being able to see correctly from glare and brightness.
    I dont care if someone likes colors in their games or not, its a simple matter of opinion. But personally, I think people do in fact like colors in their games and that MM is going to sell for sure.
    I just find it funny that the thread is called "worst GI fails" and ive seen a few times on here a stock game being made fun of.

I don't have an eye issue outside of "normal" eye issues (IE i'm near sighted)

#4142 4 years ago

This is a random (awesome) picture of Cyclops, since red lights and all (and honestly, how i feel when I see a purp'd out game).

74477696_3682023161823721_4624497493554495488_o (resized).jpg74477696_3682023161823721_4624497493554495488_o (resized).jpg
    #4143 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I don't have an eye issue outside of "normal" eye issues (IE i'm near sighted)

Something is up if you cant play the game with color lights and tons of others have no problems...

#4144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Something is up if you cant play the game with color lights and tons of others have no problems...

No, nothing is up.

#4145 4 years ago

I will say that when I bought my Scared Stiff, it has colored GI lights in it from the previous owner. While it looks nice having blue behind the blue plastics, red behind the red, and green down low, it was a little dark to play, but I was able to play it. Rather than do a tear down and replace all of the GI LEDs, I put pinstadiums on it and have them at a warm white at about 60%. I can now see the game a lot better and still have the color GI lighting which now is just accent lighting. The pinstadiums (love them or hate them) serve a purpose for some games, especially when you use them with white and don't throw more color on top of color.

I have all warm white on my Judge Dredd and my WOZ is stock lighting but I added pinstadiums to both of those as well and same settings. 60% warm white and now I can see the dark areas on JD and not as color blinded from WOZ. This isn't meant to be a pinstadium commercial, just bring them up to say that they can correct some issues made by previous owners. Of course, I could have torn into the game and torn out all of the old bulbs, but I am happy with this fix.

#4146 4 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

Of course, I could have torn into the game and torn out all of the old bulbs, but I am happy with this fix.

Just FYI changing the GI in a SS to white leds would probably take 45 minutes and cost $10.
    But yes, Pinstadium s have always served the purpose of lighting up clown puked machines for sure. Although I've heard WOZ for sure benefits form them.

#4147 4 years ago

You guys see the RGB GI on the new medieval remake? Mother of god. And people are clamoring for it, referring to it as an upgrade.

#4148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

And werent you just making fun of the new MM release and its color? This thread is far from just picking on people with overly colorful games. You were just making fun of a stock game lol. And im sure the makers wouldnt release it with a problem of not being able to see the ball or play the game correctly.

Stock game? 1997 Williams MM is a stock game. New MMR is a lighting abomination.

#4149 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Stock game? 1997 Williams MM is a stock game. New MMR is a lighting abomination.

Agreed,looks terrible.

#4150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

yes, it's a stupid move for a company to put that as stock. on MM you have the ability to turn it off. Stern did it with Avengers and learned their lesson. Now the new games are white as all can be. Why? because you can't fucking see shit if your gameroom has dark lighting. If your gameroom looks like Kmart, sure, the colored GI's will not effect you.

I can't believe how many of Rob berks games are colorshitted. It's a good thing Expo has bright lighting everywhere or many of his games wouldn't be playable. It would be like the rare euro section, where most games you can't play.

There are 8,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/83?hl=tbpilot78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.