(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    There are 8,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 166.
    #3851 4 years ago

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
    #3852 4 years ago

Why?

56032181e16c8218cfe47c53b96c1b81ecff7dbd (resized).jpg56032181e16c8218cfe47c53b96c1b81ecff7dbd (resized).jpg
    #3853 4 years ago

Tales of Arabian Vomit

#3854 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I need to rescue that countdown from someone.

#3855 4 years ago

Warp 9....da fuq outta here with that!

00d336d0c89819d5edbda37caf52a586d215d17e (resized).jpg00d336d0c89819d5edbda37caf52a586d215d17e (resized).jpg
    #3856 4 years ago

makes the playfield look like 2D and it's printed on black velvet with black lights.

#3857 4 years ago

Do these look a lot worse in pictures than in person? I just can’t understand how someone could look at that in person and say, “Yeah, that looks right.”

#3858 4 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Do these look a lot worse in pictures than in person? I just can’t understand how someone could look at that in person and say, “Yeah, that looks right.”

Pics of them look worse no doubt, but don't fret, they look like shit in person too.

#3859 4 years ago

I don't know. That EFTLW I posted above looked just like the picture. The previous owner thought it looked great.

#3860 4 years ago

yes. well the guy that I bought EFTLW from thought it looked good too, but you couldn't see shit on it. I think people that do this, don't actually play the games, they just stand 15 feet back and look at them on. They have to, because nobody , I mean NOBODY can play a game in a somewhat dark room.

#3861 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes. well the guy that I bought EFTLW from thought it looked good too, but you couldn't see shit on it. I think people that do this, don't actually play the games, they just stand 15 feet back and look at them on. They have to, because nobody , I mean NOBODY can play a game in a somewhat dark room.

I'm my early days, I played games on location with these kinds lights on them. At the time, I thought I just sucked really bad. It was because I was basically flipping blind. You cannot see anything when you have lights other than some form of white on the playfield. I remember playing a purpled out TAF and didn't know any better. It's already a very dark game with Comet 2SMD white lights. It was pretty much unplayable with purple everywhere.

#3862 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm my early days, I played games on location with these kinds lights on them. At the time, I thought I just sucked really bad. It was because I was basically flipping blind. You cannot see anything when you have lights other than some form of white on the playfield. I remember playing a purpled out TAF and didn't know any better. It's already a very dark game with Comet 2SMD white lights. It was pretty much unplayable with purple everywhere.

its great on location, you can't see, you don't know better, you drop coins even faster.

#3863 4 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

its great on location, you can't see, you don't know better, you drop coins even faster.

More like, you cant see, your ball times are short, you walk away.

There were other locations that had better lit machines. If you have a variety of OPs, you learn quickly which machines play well and which don't.

#3864 4 years ago

This is my game. Does this qualify me for the rainbow puke club? LOL, it’s beautiful in person.

35C8BEDC-AB2E-4013-95E4-F27C67925312 (resized).jpeg35C8BEDC-AB2E-4013-95E4-F27C67925312 (resized).jpeg
    #3865 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

This is my game. Does this qualify me for the rainbow puke club? LOL, it’s beautiful in person.[quoted image]

No it's not beautiful in person. Any one who is a decent player knows this makes it harder to play, harder to follow the ball and strains your eyes.

Its hideous congratulations.

#3866 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

This is my game. Does this qualify me for the rainbow puke club? LOL, it’s beautiful in person.[quoted image]

Yeah, that’s rough.

#3867 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Yes, you are an official puke club member.

#3868 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Question is..are you going to do anything about it?

#3869 4 years ago

Making me feel blue.....

bf44d25b03779218383ce14c835725349fde98c2 (resized).jpgbf44d25b03779218383ce14c835725349fde98c2 (resized).jpg
    #3870 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

No it's not beautiful in person. Any one who is a decent player knows this makes it harder to play, harder to follow the ball and strains your eyes.
    Its hideous congratulations.

I like that he snuck his weak high score into the picture as a subtle brag as well. Might be able to break 3b if you could actually see the table!

#3871 4 years ago
    Quoted from tpir:

I like that he snuck his weak high score into the picture as a subtle brag as well. Might be able to break 3b if you could actually see the table!

Uh, I literally am mid restoration. I’ve played maybe 10 games. I’m sure I’d kick your ass at it. Really. Bring your pacifier and blankie, son.

Really though, despite what all of you say, it’s beautiful in person. It’s not hard to play. It doesn’t give me migraines. It’s more subdued in person, and it’s brighter and more pronounced than original. Say what you will, to each their own.

I guess you guys aren’t putting LED bulbs in your 1979 Ford Pintos? Ha ha....

#3872 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, you are an official puke club member.

Thanks, ha ha. I’ll admit that I was anti-LED rainbow vomit on my machine prior to this. My TZ is mostly incandescent. This may have moved me toward LED. The difference is undeniable. More vibrant, better overall visibility. However, I think LED OCD is almost a must. I used non-ghosting and still there is some noticeable jitter. So it goes...

#3873 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Uh, I literally am mid restoration. I’ve played maybe 10 games. I’m sure I’d kick your ass at it. Really. Bring your pacifier and blankie, son.
    Really though, despite what all of you say, it’s beautiful in person. It’s not hard to play. It doesn’t give me migraines. It’s more subdued in person, and it’s brighter and more pronounced than original. Say what you will, to each their own.
    I guess you guys aren’t putting LED bulbs in your 1979 Ford Pintos? Ha ha....

It looks like shit. Straight up. If you dont agree your in the wrong club thread.

Its trash and I'd pay you less for it as you have downgraded it.

#3874 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

It looks like shit. Straight up. If you dont agree your in the wrong club thread.
    Its trash and I'd pay you less for it as you have downgraded it.

Maybe you're missing the point of my post. I'm simply stating that pictures don't do a good job at representing what a machine looks like in person. The picture makes it look very washed out, when in person, it's not that way. It's over saturated in the picture. Again, not that way in person.

It doesn't look like shit in person. I'm sure you'll disagree, as you seem to be that type. I'll leave it at that! =)

#3875 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Maybe you're missing the point of my post. I'm simply stating that pictures don't do a good job at representing what a machine looks like in person. The picture makes it look very washed out, when in person, it's not that way. It's over saturated in the picture. Again, not that way in person.
    It doesn't look like shit in person. I'm sure you'll disagree, as you seem to be that type. I'll leave it at that! =)

Maybe your missing the point. This is a club for people who dont like rainbow GI.
    It looks like shit. I've played at many different locations and houses over the years. Yes it looks like crap. Yes it makes it harder to play.
    Yes your a idiot for coming to this thread trying to promote color gi.
    Do us a favor there is a drain thread button use it so we dont have to see your shitty taste in LEDs. I've had over 250 machines many I've had to take color gi out of.

I've hosted league nights and tournaments and color gi is one of the biggest complaints of good players.

Go to replay fx the biggest tounament in the world with the best players and you wont see any color gi.

You obviously like to look at your games more then play them.

Once again it does look like shit and always will.
    I'm sure you with your 2 years in the hobby and 4 machines will disagree because you think you are right but sorry your not.

I've added your pic again so everyone in this club can laugh at it some more.

Also I must have missed the star trek episode with the purple ships. Which episode was that again? Oh ya none of them because it would just be dumb.
    a5289003007415424701bdf7a425803d7ac75041.jpeg (resized).jpga5289003007415424701bdf7a425803d7ac75041.jpeg (resized).jpg

#3876 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I've added your pic again

Helpful guide for viewing these w/o damage to ones vision:

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/make-pinhole-projector.html

#3877 4 years ago

That is the next generation of games looking like complete and utter shit. You have taken it to the next level for sure.

#3878 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

sorry but i've tried to play on these games in person, and they do not look beautiful if you need to play the game. If you stand 15 ft away and never play it, wipe it off with a diaper every 2 months, then lighting like this is ok.

#3879 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

I'm simply stating that pictures don't do a good job at representing what a machine looks like in person. The picture makes it look very washed out, when in person, it's not that way. It's over saturated in the picture.

The picture is over-saturated yet it looks washed out?? No, it just looks like crap here and in real life.

#3880 4 years ago

Well I was following this thread. Not anymore! Good luck in life, I’m sure it’s easy for all of you with that kind of attitude. Lol.

#3881 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Well I was following this thread. Not anymore! Good luck in life, I’m sure it’s easy for all of you with that kind of attitude. Lol.

I live a very easy and laid back life. Thanks for asking.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

#3882 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Well I was following this thread. Not anymore!

So there's part of you deep down that is asking for help; We''ll be here for you when you come to your senses.

#3883 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

then lighting like this is ok.

No. it's is never ok. Not if you're into pinball. Are you ok?

#3884 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Maybe your missing the point. This is a club for people who dont like rainbow GI.
    It looks like shit. I've played at many different locations and houses over the years. Yes it looks like crap. Yes it makes it harder to play.
    Yes your a idiot for coming to this thread trying to promote color gi.
    Do us a favor there is a drain thread button use it so we dont have to see your shitty taste in LEDs. I've had over 250 machines many I've had to take color gi out of.
    I've hosted league nights and tournaments and color gi is one of the biggest complaints of good players.
    Go to replay fx the biggest tounament in the world with the best players and you wont see any color gi.
    You obviously like to look at your games more then play them.
    Once again it does look like shit and always will.
    I'm sure you with your 2 years in the hobby and 4 machines will disagree because you think you are right but sorry your not.
    I've added your pic again so everyone in this club can laugh at it some more.
    Also I must have missed the star trek episode with the purple ships. Which episode was that again? Oh ya none of them because it would just be dumb.
    [quoted image]

Shared 3 times?! (yeah, it's the same one I posted earlier in this page)
    faaaaaccckkkk meeeeeee

im-dying-over-here (resized).jpgim-dying-over-here (resized).jpg
    #3885 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

No. it's is never ok. Not if you're into pinball. Are you ok?

it really never is ok, because someone is going to buy that game down the road and have to fix the bullshit. So even if you don't have play the piles of shit. Someone somewhere is going to have to fix your crap.

#3886 4 years ago

For your utmost pleasure, here are 2 pins I made.
    FH turned out more colored that I had imagined, first time I was using a premade set, and last one. Was a bit worried when I saw the color list.
    For the Farfalla, game itself is a Rainbow puke, so I went "f*** it, let's go for it!"

20190626_164929 (resized).jpg20190626_164929 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190701-231257_Telegram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190701-231257_Telegram (resized).jpg
    #3887 4 years ago
    d2cbd3971de16fa5ca95be67067e03cc--disney-humor-disney-quotes (resized).jpgd2cbd3971de16fa5ca95be67067e03cc--disney-humor-disney-quotes (resized).jpg
    #3888 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

FH turned out more colored that I had imagined, first time I was using a premade set, and last one. Was a bit worried when I saw the color list.
    For the Farfalla, game itself is a Rainbow puke, so I went "f*** it, let's go for it!"[quoted image][quoted image]

Yup those both look terrible.

#3889 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Yup those both look terrible.

On the positive side, at least Farfalla's face isn't purple.

#3890 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Not since LSD was invented has such a nightmarish vision been seen in Suisse

#3891 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

For the Farfalla, game itself is a Rainbow puke, so I went "f*** it, let's go for it!"[quoted image][quoted image]

Barfalla.

#3892 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Farfalla doesn't look that bad. I have one and went warm white on the gi but I could see just putting everything out there.

#3893 4 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

ouch![quoted image]

They look like crap, Thats why they are still for sale. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80653

#3894 4 years ago
    FB_IMG_1562068076759 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1562068076759 (resized).jpg
    #3895 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

in all fairness to farfalla, it looks as though the playfield was done in white. Hard to tell with all the glare from the BG.

You do NOT want bright LED's in the backbox. You want the backbox as dark as possible to reduce glare. Most backglasses that have individual bulbs in the backbox, you can get away with having only 7 or 8 incandescent bulbs back there. Still can see the BG fine and glare is reduced by 83% or more. On new spike systems where it's adjustable, I set all mine on about 8%.

#3896 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You want the backbox as dark as possible to reduce glare.

Yeah, sure, if you want to play pinball. Who wants to do that? I'm after colorful works of art!

#3897 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

On new spike systems where it's adjustable, I set all mine on about 8%.

This is a great feature. They even allow you to set the brightness differently for gameplay and attract mode. For games on location, I leave the attract mode at 100%, but turn down gameplay to 10%, so it dims way down once someone starts playing.

#3898 4 years ago

Wow that Farfalla looks beautiful. Great Job!

#3899 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Wow that Farfalla looks beautiful. Great Job!

#3900 4 years ago

*Dry heave*
    *Dry heave*

Puuuuke looks like a lady...

169ae558c49013b2898d5e0dcb778ff0d956c8ea (1) (resized).jpeg169ae558c49013b2898d5e0dcb778ff0d956c8ea (1) (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/78?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.