(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,256 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by CelticKnot
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,256 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 166.
    #2401 6 years ago

What is there to argue about?

Since a lot of people are paying $150+ to color-bomb their pinball games, then obviously a lot of people like it.

Since a lot of people like it, there won't be any problem selling a color-puked game to them. Maybe they'll pay extra for it.

Since people are paying $150+ each to clown puke multiple games, then obviously they are happy playing games that are too bright or a color wash of purple.

This clown puke thing is here to stay. Eventually, having a clown puked game will be so common that most people will think that pinball games are all supposed to look like a Lite Brite.

Look at this picture. Some people are going to like the top version best and some are going to like the bottom version best.

That's it.

Translites show off the lameness and tasteless stupidity of clown puke better than the playfields do.

The playfield is typically a whole bunch of different objects and pictures, with lots of different colors and patterns, so disrupting the artwork with colored bulbs is less obnoxious.

But the translite is typically a single artwork intented to represent the theme of the game. So the purple haze treatment or the lame attempt to use accent lighting really ruins the artwork, makes it look like a coloring book that was scribbled in by a 3 year old.

TAF-TRANSLITE_resize02-600x347-1038x600 (resized).pngTAF-TRANSLITE_resize02-600x347-1038x600 (resized).png

#2402 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

What is there to argue about?

Nothing. Just post 49 pages of pics that include Addams Family puked out in endless varieties.

a815f34560846ab2e2e29aa0b3f2feb517b98cf3 (resized).jpga815f34560846ab2e2e29aa0b3f2feb517b98cf3 (resized).jpg
    ab2c687d321ca24528b446320d26fad97ce62c27 (resized).jpgab2c687d321ca24528b446320d26fad97ce62c27 (resized).jpg

#2403 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Man people love powder coating for sure.

There's a thread of it's own for that. I pop in once and awhile to see some of the mostly questionable at best things people pay top dollar to do to games. A few look good, but many are just funny and sad at the same time. Then of course there are the ones that are just downright head scratching.

#2404 6 years ago

Was at my local arcade last night and thought I'd play some Walking Dead; Then realized I couldn't see the ball...

Note: this is not a bad picture, this is pretty much what the game looked like.

walking dead gi fail (resized).jpgwalking dead gi fail (resized).jpg

#2405 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

Was at my local arcade last night and thought I'd play some Walking Dead; Then realized I couldn't see the ball...

What was there response when You told them you couldn't see the ball?

#2406 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

Walking Dead Premium has two controllable lights strands for the GI. One strand is white and the other is red. Looks light the white strand is out.

#2407 6 years ago
    Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

He asked if I wanted another beer..

#2408 6 years ago
    Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

Probably to send the picture to pinstadium lights as a standard "before" picture

#2409 6 years ago

LEDs as a distraction of the playfield wear! Well played.

#2410 6 years ago

Pinbot was surprisingly spared the all half red, half blue treatment, but Playboy was not so lucky.

FB_IMG_1518921141637 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1518921141637 (resized).jpg

#2411 6 years ago

Just too much for me.

54166AFA-FF23-46B2-8DE7-806C28C465F1 (resized).jpeg54166AFA-FF23-46B2-8DE7-806C28C465F1 (resized).jpeg

#2412 6 years ago

I absolutely despise the Pinstadium purple mode.

FB_IMG_1519091556988 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519091556988 (resized).jpg

#2413 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I absolutely despise the Pinstadium purple mode.

Agree 100%, that's not anymore a pinball machine it's a Luna Park.

#2414 6 years ago

Pinstadium should only come in one color...white. Don't even give people the option to make their games look like shit. Plus it's cheaper than RGB, so their product will be cheaper.

#2415 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Pinstadium should only come in one color...white. Don't even give people the option to make their games look like shit.

White on its own is a bit harsh. I set mine to white with some red thrown in and it gives everything a super warm tint. But yeah, it definitely gives you a million choices to make your game look like an overcooked turd if that's your thing!

#2416 6 years ago

you need white with controllable brightness. that is the only feature it should have. I had customized backbox panels with this feature, so I can turn down brightness to 10% to reduce glare.

#2417 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you need white with controllable brightness. that is the only feature it should have. I had customized backbox panels with this feature, so I can turn down brightness to 10% to reduce glare.

Agreed. The whole color selection thing is worthless if you intend to actually play the machine.

#2418 6 years ago

When selling your game, it's important to pick the best pics to showcase, like this seller did.

jm-junk (resized).jpgjm-junk (resized).jpg

#2419 6 years ago

Did I ever share with my fellow clown puke haters my epic saga of installing an undergame LED kit and them giving it away?

See?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-owners-who-wants-a-free-undergame-led-kit

My CV came with white LED lights that are a little too bright. I still have to switch them out.

It also came with a free under-game LED kit.

We thought it was kind of neato before it was installed and then we installed it and tried to like it.

Then after about 1/2 hour I said, "let's face it, this totally sucks" and I removed it.

I would liken it to having someone flash the overhead lights on an off rapidly. Try playing pinball and have someone click the overhead lights on and off rapidly. It gets very old very fast. Plus it drowns the game room in multi-puke strobe light.

To me, the ideal game room lighting is like back in the arcade days when they would keep the lights medium-low.

#2420 6 years ago

I think I might have mentioned the undergame kit before. I forget.

But not in such rich, Corinthian detail.

#2421 6 years ago

I will absolutely not post into this thread in a effort to get it to be 50 pages.

Because it's been sitting on 49 too long.

Not me, baby.

#2422 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

My CV came with white LED lights that are a little too bright.

Did you install a puke tube?

image_62543_1_484x484 (resized).jpgimage_62543_1_484x484 (resized).jpg

#2423 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

When selling your game, it's important to pick the best pics to showcase, like this seller did.

MASTERPIECE........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................of shit.

#2424 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I did one of those in 5 colors. But keep in mind. the Neon only comes in colors and CV has it there only for effect. It's not on all the time and it's not there to illuminate the game. Comes on as a lightning flicker from time to time and used during neon multiball, which is similar to RFM's hypnobeam.

#2425 6 years ago

Just to clarify, the "we" I referred to in my post above is me and my wife. Not referring to myself in the "royal we".

Yeah, my wife was all jazzed up about the undergame LED kit until we installed it. Then we tried to like it for about 1/2 hour.

No, I did not install a puke tube. Although WOW look at the multiple COLORS.

SO MULTIPLE! VERY COLORS! MORE GOODER.

MORE IS ALWAYS BETTER. MORE! MORE COLORS! MORE SHOVELS OF SPAGHETTI TO GO WITH THE COLORS!!

CcZOJCqWwAExoLW (resized).jpgCcZOJCqWwAExoLW (resized).jpg

#2426 6 years ago

it's almost as if it's a magical mystery tour in itself.

#2427 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I have a multi coloured one but don't think it looks too bad but I am often wrong, according to my wife anyway

100_5634 (resized).jpg100_5634 (resized).jpg

#2428 6 years ago
    Quoted from matt_adams:

I have a multi coloured one but don't think it looks too bad but I am often wrong, according to my wife anyway

no, the multicolored neon is great. Many people don't know the difference between effect lighting and the General illumination you need to actually see and play the game. They are 2 very different things. Your game is spot on perfect as far as lighting goes.

Neon tubes are not used to illuminate the playfield. If that's what they were trying to illuminate the field with, it would only be in white and they would not have put GI's under the neon. it's used for effect. To stimulate electric volts, and used as a strobe effect for neon multiball. It's not there to illuminate the game. Hence why creative aspects to it can be altered and used to taste. It's not destroying artwork, and it's not making the game unplayable in dimly or dark rooms.

#2429 6 years ago

Goes through all the work and trouble to customize a game...drowns all the work out in purple.

FB_IMG_1519398842242 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519398842242 (resized).jpg

#2430 6 years ago

trump-looked-at-the-solar-eclipse-without-glasses-despite-a-shouted-warning-from-an-aide (resized).jpgtrump-looked-at-the-solar-eclipse-without-glasses-despite-a-shouted-warning-from-an-aide (resized).jpg

#2431 6 years ago

The official song of clown puke:

#2432 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

The official song of clown puke:
    » YouTube video

LMAO

#2433 6 years ago

Clown (resized).jpgClown (resized).jpg

#2435 6 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

White on its own is a bit harsh. I set mine to white with some red thrown in and it gives everything a super warm tint. But yeah, it definitely gives you a million choices to make your game look like an overcooked turd if that's your thing!

White with a tint of yellow worked great on Mustang that has pinstadium installed. My other games are just fine with the warm white LED kits I make and seemed to look fine with pinstadium set to white. But all white in pinstadium on Mustang was harsh looking, even with lowered brightness. Looked like walking into a 7-11 at 2AM. But just a bit of yellow warmed it up and made the playfield pop.

#2436 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

made the playfield pop.

That's a forbidden phrase 'round these parts.

#2437 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

That's a forbidden phrase 'round these parts.

Meaning it made the original colors and artwork look really nice and well lit so I can appreciate it under a warm white even lighting.

#2438 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Goes through all the work and trouble to customize a game...drowns all the work out in purple.

Atrocious

#2439 6 years ago

What happened to all the people who stopped by the thread to tell us puke haters that we're a.) awful people b.) who are having a panic attack and c.) are telling other people what to do and d.) are basement dwellers?

That was about 50% of the posts and now it's... gone.

Just...

gone.

#2440 6 years ago

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

Scary Clown Puke Man says, "Why play boring old Buck Rogers when you can play Puke Rogers?"

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#2441 6 years ago

In the above picture, the Puke Rogers translite was carefully illuminated by a "bulb artist" who correctly understands that Caucasian faces look best when backlit by a bright yellow bulb.

But Caucasians don't have bright yellow elbows. The elbow is purple. And the rest of the body is orange.

That's how Caucasians look: yellow face, orange body, purple elbow. You should know this already, it's simple anatomy.

Bravo, sir!

(Polite golf clap)

#2442 6 years ago

Why!!

7209FEBB-0FC1-418B-BC31-EA6B1439D5F2 (resized).jpeg7209FEBB-0FC1-418B-BC31-EA6B1439D5F2 (resized).jpeg

#2443 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

What happened to all the people who stopped by the thread to tell us puke haters that we're a.) awful people

You're still all horrible people, despite being correct about clown puke being crap.

#2444 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

You're still all horrible people, despite being correct about clown puke being crap.

You're just jealous of my "bulb artistry".

Like the way that Salieri was jealous of Mozart.

I can take a boring old Blackout translite and make it SPLOODGE with exciting COLOR BLOBS.

SO MANY COLORS!

1302997989 (resized).jpg1302997989 (resized).jpg

#2445 6 years ago

It's truly hard to believe that this hideous defacement of pinball machines is the "new normal".

And that only a handful of people are willing to criticizing this hideousness, and that criticizing it is considered to be extreme rudeness.

It's really strange for collectors to do stuff like this. People who collect stuff usually have respect for what they collect.

Do you see people who collect old coins taking a purple sharpie and coloring the coins so they'll "pop"?

People who collect old coke vending machines will spend a lot of money having them beautifully restored with new chrome plating and a body shop paint job.

Etc.

But look at this:

s-l1000 (resized).jpgs-l1000 (resized).jpg

Forget about respecting the artwork of the game for a minute.

In the objective sense, this "bulb artistry" looks like the work of a 3 year old. It's AWFUL.

If you're going to do this tacky disgustingness to your game, at least do a decent job of it.

#2446 6 years ago

I am triggered.

FB_IMG_1519603153027 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519603153027 (resized).jpg

#2447 6 years ago

I don’t get why people put rainbow in there Twilight Zone translite. It doesn’t match at all. The art is already there.

#2448 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

I don’t get why people put rainbow in there Twilight Zone translite. It doesn’t match at all. The art is already there.

I think they should have made TZ all black and white like the old TV series. Lit by white GI of course,

tz_poster_1396x1768 (resized).jpgtz_poster_1396x1768 (resized).jpg

#2449 6 years ago

That’s a great idea.

#2450 6 years ago

You mean Centaur minus the red?

There are 8,256 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/49?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.