(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,256 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by CelticKnot
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,256 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 166.
    #2001 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

don't worry, there are plenty of shitfest games out there that need the wall of shame.

This.

There is a constant parade of clown puked games out there, it's biggest thing now.

#2002 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

It seems to me that age, sex, social status, IQ, etc, have a lot of influence on people's taste in fashions, home decor, cars and food.
    Taking a guess, would you assume that the age, social status, IQ, etc. of people buying single malt scotch is the same as the people buying cotton candy flavored vodka?
    When I was a kid, I loved candy corn and bazooka gum. Nowadays, the only candy I like is good quality dark chocolate. Most candy tastes like a disgusting blob of sugar to me.
    Etc.

and the younger generations are dumber and dumber. We can witness how stupid human society is, even by the new trends...such as eating laundry pods.

#2003 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

This.
    There is a constant parade of clown puked games out there, it's biggest thing now.

Except this thread apparently isn't about posting pics of those retarded looking games anymore.

#2004 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Except this thread apparently isn't about posting pics of those retarded looking games anymore.

Stop yer bitchin' and start posting pics, then.

#2005 6 years ago

I thought there were still a bunch of picture being posted. I guess I was just look down at the Promoted Pinside Marketplace pictures of games and mods.

#2006 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey, I do like Mashed potatoes & hate JM; can't argue with that.

so, explain to me again why we're friends when you go and say things like that behind my back?

#2007 6 years ago

Now I know there are people for and people against the colored GI LEDs, but even if you are for colored LEDs, you cannot sit there and tell me this looks good and is considered an upgrade.

Kiss 2.jpgKiss 2.jpg

Kiss.jpgKiss.jpg

#2008 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

Now I know there are people for and people against the colored GI LEDs, but even if you are for colored LEDs, you cannot sit there and tell me this looks good and is considered an upgrade.

Wait, so KISS is not the Blue Man Group?!?!?

#2009 6 years ago

Found these right here in the Marketplace today......

14e97823f458db6e7f2abaf85979c528d7f33701 (resized).jpg14e97823f458db6e7f2abaf85979c528d7f33701 (resized).jpg

5f21f8d44dd55e166a717e07ce0894c086b8d408 (resized).jpg5f21f8d44dd55e166a717e07ce0894c086b8d408 (resized).jpg

a36a10c8325134d526f92a8cee79166b569790b7 (resized).jpga36a10c8325134d526f92a8cee79166b569790b7 (resized).jpg

#2010 6 years ago

Using the UV setting on those PinStadiums should be considered a pinball crime and should be prosecuted.

#2011 6 years ago

Other than the horrid backglass, I like that Demolition Man. It's not like you can see anything up where all the blue is anyway. NICE WORK, clown!

#2012 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Found these right here in the Marketplace today......

You know why there is a red bulb behind the face on the demolition man translite?

Because it's more gooder that way. It POPS

Right now the guy who did the original artwork for the game is slapping his forehead and saying, "Why didn't I think of putting a red bulb behind 1/3 of Stallone's face? It's PERFECT!!"

They actually teach that method at art schools throughout the world, it's called "Red Face Bulb Enhancement". It was originally thought up by Michelangelo.

See?

The Delphic Sibil, detail, 1509, Michelangelo Sistine Chapel (resized).jpgThe Delphic Sibil, detail, 1509, Michelangelo Sistine Chapel (resized).jpg

#2013 6 years ago

Now Sandra Bullock's face is more of a modern technique called "Pink Eyes And Blue Cheek Perfection."

That came about long after Michelangelo's time, during the Impressionist period.

monet-self-portrait-with-a-beret (resized).jpgmonet-self-portrait-with-a-beret (resized).jpg

#2014 6 years ago

Hey, I think this is working again. I got kicked off because someone wrote my machine looked like ass. Not sure if they got kicked off, maybe for a few hours or something. Anyway, I agreed with my Firepower II needing work. So I went and started changing out a few bulbs back to incandescent. I found out that because my my back glass and playfield are so beat up, that honestly the colored LED's look better. They helped hide the spidered back glass and beat up playfield. I was going to post a pic, but a couple bulbs got hot and blew out. Maybe later, hope this helps

#2015 6 years ago

Rainbows (resized).jpgRainbows (resized).jpg

#2016 6 years ago

This was on my son's card game, Exploding Kittens. Thought you guys might like a new Rainbow Puke pic for ammo.

KIMG0758 (resized).JPGKIMG0758 (resized).JPG

#2017 6 years ago

LED is the closest spectrum to Neon there is. The old Generation was in awe of neon beer signs, the younger, this.

#2018 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2019 6 years ago

From facebook

26733621_10102851011038381_6969388854854684447_n (resized).jpg26733621_10102851011038381_6969388854854684447_n (resized).jpg

RK_bikers_on_acid_2 (resized).JPGRK_bikers_on_acid_2 (resized).JPG

#2020 6 years ago

Sold for $3,995.00 on Ebay yesterday. Which seems a bit high with any color bulbs. I hope the new owner puts some white back behind the backglass, as when it is lit properly it is one of the great classics.

s-l16f00 (resized).jpgs-l16f00 (resized).jpg

#2021 6 years ago

I don't remember in the legend of Arthur anyone coming up against the Pink Knight. It just does not seem as intimidating.

#2022 6 years ago

Mr. Pink: Why can't we pick our own colors?

Joe: No way, no way. Tried it once, it doesn't work. You get four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick. You're Mr. Pink. Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow.

Mr. Brown: Yeah, but Mr. Brown, that's a little too close to Mr. Shit.

#2023 6 years ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

From facebook

I saw that Gold Wings on Facebook so I had to come to this thread and check, I knew someone wouldn't let me down.

#2024 6 years ago

a6ff38c613496065fe98e1cac62154c107c2508c (resized).jpga6ff38c613496065fe98e1cac62154c107c2508c (resized).jpg

#2025 6 years ago

Who is worse?

The Random Blob of Color Brigade or the Pure Purple Brigade?

I would have said the Random Blob gang are the worst offenders, but this purple-o-gized translite is a masterpiece of awfulness

The irony is that people are getting on our back because we're not showing enough respect for their clown puke "artistry".

First of all, there's no artistry involved in clown puke (let's be real), and secondly, how about respecting the work of the artist who did the original game art?

bk1 (resized).jpgbk1 (resized).jpg

#2026 6 years ago

If you think about it for a second, pinball machines are works of art in their own right.

Some better than others, of course.

I always thought the Black Rose cabinet was one of the best.

dsc05531_(custom) (resized).jpgdsc05531_(custom) (resized).jpg

My wife asked me to buy a Cirqus Voltaire simply because she thought it was awesome looking.

Cirqus Voltaire mid play (resized).jpgCirqus Voltaire mid play (resized).jpg

Seems a shame to drown it in purple haze or rainbow puke

#2027 6 years ago

wow, an unfaded black rose. That's a diamond in the rough right there.

#2028 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Seriously, consider the above Cue Ball Wizard translite for a minute.
    How could anyone look at that and say, "Wow! Nailed it!"

Maybe if they hated the original artwork. Maybe they were thinking "Wow, the coloring job on this translite is awful. How can I hide it?"

#2029 6 years ago

then just replace the backglass/translite with a piece of colored spotlight gel. Looks the same.

#2030 6 years ago
    Quoted from apLundell:

Maybe if they hated the original artwork. Maybe they were thinking "Wow, the coloring job on this translite is awful. How can I hide it?"

I doubt it.

You think that when leisure suits were popular, it was because all the men were deeply dissatisfied with wearing a sport coat and wool slacks?

It was just the vendors pushing something "new" on the consumers, who are always looking for something new.

Then eventually everyone sobered up and threw the leisure suits in the trash.

It's our nature to look for patterns in things, but sometimes the pattern is just boredom, dumbness and bad taste.

#2031 6 years ago

Yeah except leisure suits made sense because somewhere in the chain impressing women and sex was involved.

#2032 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Who is worse?
    I would have said the Random Blob gang are the worst offenders, but this purple-o-gized translite is a masterpiece of awfulness
    The irony is that people are getting on our back because we're not showing enough respect for their clown puke "artistry".
    First of all, there's no artistry involved in clown puke (let's be real), and secondly, how about respecting the work of the artist who did the original game art?

This is really disgusting. Unlimited shame. Even if it's your "own property" there is a moral law that should speak to pinball owners and suggesting that an ugly color mesh is absolutely against nature and disgusting. Anti estethic shameful confusing eye burning color blob.

#2033 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Who is worse?

I could not agree more and If I would be a pinball design artist, I would be VERY offended if someone would dare to destroy mi colors like that.

As I consider pinball design a truly form of Americana (Art), why should someone dare to do shameful color blobs like that ? There is no reason even if the pins are your own property-

Yesterday I had a very long discussion with a mate of mine that puked his newest pins. He was new to leds and very "enthusiast" about these.
    I showed him this thread and in the end you know what ? He agreed and started reverting back the shame he did. By the way it was TOTAN and Creature, completely ruined by eye burning color leds. Impossible to play both.

I saved two pins !!
    Cheers

#2034 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

My wife asked me to buy a Cirqus Voltaire simply because she thought it was awesome looking.

Seems a shame to drown it in purple haze or rainbow puke

The green neon in my CV drowns the game in green puke. It totally changes the artwork colors the game artist picked!

#2035 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

The green neon in my CV drowns the game in green puke. It totally changes the artwork colors the game artist picked!

Wow you totally changed my opinion with this coment.
    Thanks for continually trolling this thread.

#2036 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Wow you totally changed my opinion with this coment.
    Thanks for continually trolling this thread.

Hey.. I'm a helper. I agree that clown puking looks ridiculous. I like broccoli, though. Sorry if my witty and knowledgeable opinions threaten you....

#2037 6 years ago

947d0f06465f7617dc5f76fdf97547bbefe746f6 (resized).jpg947d0f06465f7617dc5f76fdf97547bbefe746f6 (resized).jpg

e1dc785667176919aa833daf523596da07f2b4bd (resized).jpge1dc785667176919aa833daf523596da07f2b4bd (resized).jpg

#2038 6 years ago

Yikes, that game is a health hazard.

#2039 6 years ago

"Its like walking on sunshine!"

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#2040 6 years ago

I don't know how the hell anyone can play this game. TF is dark in general. This would be so horrible. If I had to play that in league, i'd demand it be removed from the lineup because it's unplayable.

#2041 6 years ago

You can try to learn from PAPA how to play the ever changing puke that is KISS

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#2042 6 years ago

NEW!! LED POP Bumper Cover Rainbow Lights!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2043 6 years ago

Don't tell me this thread ran out of gas.

There's so much clown puke in the world to laugh at.

#2044 6 years ago

I browse the thread and shake my head all of the time.

But I also discuss this stuff with players. As a matter of fact at the State Championship this weekend we were talking about how hard it is play some of these games. No one defended it in any way. Players hate puke.

#2045 6 years ago

Gross.

FB_IMG_1516591902213 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1516591902213 (resized).jpg

#2046 6 years ago

I come here for the pain!

Reminds me of this:

#2047 6 years ago
    Quoted from Giulio:

I could not agree more and If I would be a pinball design artist, I would be VERY offended if someone would dare to destroy mi colors like that.
    As I consider pinball design a truly form of Americana (Art), why should someone dare to do shameful color blobs like that ? There is no reason even if the pins are your own property-
    Yesterday I had a very long discussion with a mate of mine that puked his newest pins. He was new to leds and very "enthusiast" about these.
    I showed him this thread and in the end you know what ? He agreed and started reverting back the shame he did. By the way it was TOTAN and Creature, completely ruined by eye burning color leds. Impossible to play both.
    I saved two pins !!
    Cheers

This guy is a hero. He rescued two pins back from clown puke purgatory.

I wonder if clown puke is going to catch on in Europe. Europeans seem to have more refinement than Americans, in general.

#2048 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

This guy is a hero. He rescued two pins back from clown puke purgatory.
    I wonder if clown puke is going to catch on in Europe. Europeans seem to have more refinement than Americans, in general.

Well, thanks...two pins that got back to their wonderful original colors. I'm starting to spread the anti puke Verb on this side of the ocean. Clown puke perhaps is not so diffused but it's spreading very fast (and modding with the ugliest trinkets I ever saw the best pins yes it is too.. and that's another thing I do not like) and I saw such eye burning disasters that I started laughing at it loudly, anywhere I saw them, so somebody is thinking and someone luckily reverts back. There is a tournament in my city next month and the owner of the pins is on the anti clown puke side, another True Believer , so my eyes will not suffer.

Anti Clown Puke Believer. Let's save other pins.

#2049 6 years ago

Not bad, really. Only a bit of puke.

19598635_10155997093033563_6683240656945709194_n (resized).jpg19598635_10155997093033563_6683240656945709194_n (resized).jpg

#2050 6 years ago

Times a runnin' out if you want to save the world from puke!

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

There are 8,256 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/41?hl=aplundell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.