(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,209 posts
  • 452 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 248 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 58 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 150 votes
      33%

(456 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_157961_0 (resized).jpg
    rainbow-centaur-mens-t-shirt (resized).jpg
    FdmlqFrR_400x400 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_084956_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_085002_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_0257.gif
    Screenshot_20240314_124458_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-190113 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8057803_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7360 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7324 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7307 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    id-44 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
    img_0604.gif

There are 8,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 165.
    #1951 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

My point exactly. Keep insulting people. You're a real Pinside hero.

Could you be more hypocritical? Go read your own posts and see how clean your hands are. You've already been quoted, so don't bother trying to edit.

I didn't insult you, anyway. "Act smart" and "play dumb" are common figures of speech. I wouldn't have accused you of being smart anyway, so get over it.

#1952 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I didn't insult you

Right.

Quoted from jar155:

I wouldn't have accused you of being smart anyway, so get over it.

Then you did again.

#1953 6 years ago

OK guys....you know the drill....take a break, or take it to PM. Please?

#1954 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

OK guys....you know the drill....take a break, or take it to PM. Please?

Gotcha Art. Sorry. Done.

#1955 6 years ago

No worries...just hate to see two good people not get along...

#1956 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No worries...just hate to see two good people not get along...

Yes, it does not put them in the "best light".

Get it! Best Light! Rainbow Puke thread. Oh man I amuse me.

#1957 6 years ago

Can we go rainbow happy now?

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#1958 6 years ago

All I ask is those that are color bombing games, please send the original bulbs to me.

#1959 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Oh man I amuse me.

And got a chuckle out of me! ☺️

#1960 6 years ago

The hate in this thread is THICK. I personally like a little color bombing now and then. Just not on pins.

Well I tried, back to the fights.

#1961 6 years ago

By all means, let's all stop arguing.

The clown puke speaks for itself, doesn't it? So what's to argue about? Some people like day-glo pinball, and some don't.

Just like when you're eating a sandwich made from pumpernickel bread, tuna fish, grape jelly and chocolate syrup.

The sandwich EXPLODES WITH FLAVOR, but there exist certain people out there who would gag on it.

Are they bad people? Is the guy eating the clown puke sandwich a bad person?

#1962 6 years ago

Can't we just get back to talking about broccoli? I hate when threads drift off topic.

#1963 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

The clown puke speaks for itself, doesn't it? So what's to argue about? Some people like day-glo pinball, and some don't.
    Just like when you're eating a sandwich made from pumpernickel bread, tuna fish, grape jelly and chocolate syrup.
    The sandwich EXPLODES WITH FLAVOR, but there exist certain people out there who would gag on it.

Yes.

#1964 6 years ago

0de99aac874dfb3cd440ab16e60623d18e6a962d (resized).jpg0de99aac874dfb3cd440ab16e60623d18e6a962d (resized).jpg

#1965 6 years ago

Bwhahahaa...that kit is great.

#1967 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

1945:
    Americans burn Japanese soldiers out of caves on Iwo Jima with flame throwers.
    2017:
    Americans retire to a safe space and complain about "hate speech" when they encounter a contradictory opinion.
    Boy, we sure did toughen up over the last 70 years.

lol. Says the guy that LITERALLY created this thread as a safe space for the 'no led' snowflake crew. Classic.

#1968 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

man. that took forever but he's finally getting it. Everyone likes different things! Finally embracing eagles, freedom and 'Merica!!!

Now...Can we get back to pics?!?!?!?!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1969 6 years ago

Hey no making fun of my new pin.I'll try to clean up the vomit for you guys.

#1970 6 years ago

Backglass is puking onto the playfield

$_59 (resized).JPG$_59 (resized).JPG

$_59 (1) (resized).JPG$_59 (1) (resized).JPG

#1971 6 years ago

Hard to believe, but the light is actually worse than the game itself.

FB_IMG_1515981655241 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1515981655241 (resized).jpg

#1972 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

lol. Says the guy that LITERALLY created this thread as a safe space for the 'no led' snowflake crew. Classic.

You forgot to write "Can we get back to the pics?!?!?!" to disguise your purpose of being in this thread as an appeal to civility.

man. that took forever but he's finally getting it. Everyone likes different things! Finally embracing eagles, freedom and 'Merica!!!
    Now...Can we get back to pics?!?!?!?!

No, that was me sarcastically comparing clown puke fans to someone who eats a sandwich made of tuna and chocolate and jelly.

See, the clown puke fans love clown puke because it makes the games BURST with mega-light and circus-color.

Because more brightness and color is always BETTER. Just like more sandwich flavors in a sandwich are always better.

Why not make a sandwich from crushed jolly ranchers and swiss cheese and cake icing and top it with 1/2 inch layer of mustard? It will BURST with FLAVOR. And that's BETTER.

And that's our goal in re-decorating our pins with LEDs. Why not make a cowboy glow purple and blue? It BURSTS with EXCITING COLOR. And that's BETTER.

MORE flavor or color is ALWAYS BETTER, no matter what.

974e5eb250c6f46553df6a6319a40b0ca99dd61e (resized).jpg974e5eb250c6f46553df6a6319a40b0ca99dd61e (resized).jpg

#1973 6 years ago

Seriously, consider the above Cue Ball Wizard translite for a minute.

How could anyone look at that and say, "Wow! Nailed it!"

And be confused and insulted that someone would think it looks awful?

Maybe some of these pin owners are not all that bright. That translite does not look like the work of someone who works at NASA.

Just think about it for a minute. Someone actually stuck those bulbs in that translite and then stood back and said, "Yup! Lookin' GOOD!"

#1974 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Seriously, consider the above Cue Ball Wizard translite for a minute.
    How could anyone look at that and say, "Wow! Nailed it!"
    And be confused and insulted that someone would think it looks awful?
    Maybe some of these pion owners are not all that bright. That translite does not look like the work of someone who works at NASA.
    Just think about it for a minute. Someone actually stuck those bulbs in that translite and then stood back and said, "Yup! Lookin' GOOD!"

Looks like the bulbs were just randomly placed. "Random" is the look I think the light artist was going for.

#1975 6 years ago

Cue Ball wiz looking awesome. Absolutely nailed it. Looks like electric cowboys playing pool in a disco with hot chicks.

#1976 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Looks like the bulbs were just randomly placed. "Random" is the look I think the light artist was going for.

It's obvious that the LED "light artists" (snicker) are trying to make the translite art "pop" by placing a colored bulb behind the art.

The colored bulbs almost always match up with an art feature on the translite.

Like this cue ball, the only bulb that's completely out of sync with the art is the pink bulb in the cowboy's lower back, he must have run out of blue bulbs.

See how the guy put a blue bulb behind the cowgirl's jeans to make them glow blue? But the color bleeds all over her hands.

And there's a blue bulb behind her hat and the two cowpokes in the background. Them cowpokes are wearing demin ain't they? Make em glow blue!

And he put pink bulbs behind the faces to make them more face-y. Except that nobody has a bright pink face. Unless it's a redhead at Disneyworld in August.

It's simply a bad use of colored bulbs, the bulbs don't work with the original game art or the socket locations.

A clever person could probably find spots in a game where a colored bulb actually enhances the game, but this flat failure, it's a peanut butter, cheese whiz and mint chocolate sandwich.

And the owner proudly posted pictures of it. "Yup! NAILED it! Lookin' SWEEEEEET!"

#1977 6 years ago

And the modder said, "let there be (colored) light (everywhere)!"

And there was.

And it was horrible.

#1978 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Hard to believe, but the light is actually worse than the game itself.

that is difficult to do. Just when you thought shit couldn't get shittier.

#1979 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

You forgot to write "Can we get back to the pics?!?!?!" to disguise your purpose of being in this thread as an appeal to civility.

No, that was me sarcastically comparing clown puke fans to someone who eats a sandwich made of tuna and chocolate and jelly.
    See, the clown puke fans love clown puke because it makes the games BURST with mega-light and circus-color.
    Because more brightness and color is always BETTER. Just like more sandwich flavors in a sandwich are always better.
    Why not make a sandwich from crushed jolly ranchers and swiss cheese and cake icing and top it with 1/2 inch layer of mustard? It will BURST with FLAVOR. And that's BETTER.
    And that's our goal in re-decorating our pins with LEDs. Why not make a cowboy glow purple and blue? It BURSTS with EXCITING COLOR. And that's BETTER.

#1980 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Yawn. TL/DR

Lemme guess "youre a meanie" and "something something people cant like what they like unless I approve!"

close?

#1981 6 years ago

My clown puked Taxi when I first got it.

Someone took the time to jam this thing full of LEDs even though the ramps were badly broken, drop targets didn't register, it was dirty and the flippers needed a rebuild.

IMG_20171211_200634 (resized).jpgIMG_20171211_200634 (resized).jpg

#1982 6 years ago

pastel puke.

#1983 6 years ago

Yawn. TL/DR
    Lemme guess "youre a meanie" and "something something people cant like what they like unless I approve!"
    close?

To be honest, at this point I feel a little embarrassed that I responded to you and a couple of the others.

You cannot make any point that is not just dumb invective, so what am I doing responding to it?

#1984 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

You cannot make any point that is not just dumb invective, so what am I doing responding to it?

You're getting trolled. 8 thank the mods for finally doing something about this issue. If I went in the pinstadium thread and just made 2 angry posts each day talking g shit to everyone 8 don't think I'd last long.

Of course I wouldn't do that because it's sad.

#1985 6 years ago

The clown puke debate is not just taking place in the pinball arena.

There is a hipster foodie trend called "rainbow food". Google it. Basically it amounts to dumping massive amounts of food dye in everything for no apparent reason.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jesseszewczyk/its-official-hipsters-have-taken-rainbow-food-too-fucking?utm_term=.smK5oBzDLk#.aaQagzMX7V

5d36f80fb333315d3ac1439cdd44465a--rainbow-pancakes-th-birthday (resized).jpg5d36f80fb333315d3ac1439cdd44465a--rainbow-pancakes-th-birthday (resized).jpg

#1986 6 years ago

Red velvet cake is ground zero for that. (other than green beer)

#1987 6 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

Someone took the time to jam this thing full of LEDs even though the ramps were badly broken, drop targets didn't register, it was dirty and the flippers needed a rebuild.

That is just odd looking. But at least you can see the ball.

The LED and Mod thing on a non-working game is pretty common. Sad, but common.

#1988 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

That is just odd looking. But at least you can see the ball.
    The LED and Mod thing on a non-working game is pretty common. Sad, but common.

Yes, while it looks bad, it was quite easy to see the ball. As long as you don't mind flippers with lots of play in them and ramps that are missing a couple inches off the end of them, it played great!

I just can't imagine taking the time to put all those LEDs in a game when it doesn't even play properly.

#1989 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Red velvet cake is ground zero for that. (other than green beer)

I've made that cake before........

30839_10150211269680553_5769284_n (resized).jpg30839_10150211269680553_5769284_n (resized).jpg

#1990 6 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

I just can't imagine taking the time to put all those LEDs in a game when it doesn't even play properly.

I see it all the time when I'm called out to do service calls. I worked on an Addams Family that probably had EVERY SINGLE mod available for it, but underneath the playfield wires were hacked together with tape and the swamp was actually blocked off with a cut up credit card and electrical tape. When I asked why they sealed it off, they said, "because when the ball goes in there it doesn't come out." It was a broken switch.

#1991 6 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

it does look pretty from a distance tho. Unless you have floodlights on it, it's going to be impossible to see anything when playing. Taxi is dark in general. This would be horrible unless you are playing outdoors on a sunny day.

#1992 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I've made that cake before........

Man that cake is pretty cool.

#1993 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Man that cake is pretty cool.

The boy seems to like it. Come to think of it, a "clown puke" event did follow this birthday party........

#1994 6 years ago

We made that cake once too. We let the kids pick the colors for the stack. Lack of red is disappointing...

cake (resized).jpgcake (resized).jpg

#1995 6 years ago

Weird, my three year old also requested a rainbow cake this year.

RainbowRainbow

Perhaps the age of the children involved is a reflection on the adults who like rainbow pins...

#1996 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Perhaps the age of the children involved is a reflection on the adults who like rainbow pins...

You will find no correlation there. We all wish the route cause of this was easily figured out but just like the current Opioid Epidemic this sickness seems to not care aboot age/race/politics/ etc.

I mean obviously it skews more to n00bs but it also affects important people.

#1997 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

The clown puke debate is not just taking place in the pinball arena.
    There is a hipster foodie trend called "rainbow food". Google it. Basically it amounts to dumping massive amounts of food dye in everything for no apparent reason.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/jesseszewczyk/its-official-hipsters-have-taken-rainbow-food-too-fucking?utm_term=.smK5oBzDLk#.aaQagzMX7V

Lmao

#1998 6 years ago

Looks like this thread has ran its course. Started out fun though.

#1999 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Looks like this thread has ran its course. Started out fun though.

don't worry, there are plenty of shitfest games out there that need the wall of shame.

#2000 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You will find no correlation there. We all wish the route cause of this was easily figured out but just like the current Opioid Epidemic this sickness seems to not care aboot age/race/politics/ etc.
    I mean obviously it skews more to n00bs but it also affects important people.

It seems to me that age, sex, social status, IQ, etc, have a lot of influence on people's taste in fashions, home decor, cars and food.

Taking a guess, would you assume that the age, social status, IQ, etc. of people buying single malt scotch is the same as the people buying cotton candy flavored vodka?

When I was a kid, I loved candy corn and bazooka gum. Nowadays, the only candy I like is good quality dark chocolate. Most candy tastes like a disgusting blob of sugar to me.

Etc.

There are 8,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.