(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,209 posts
  • 452 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 248 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 58 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 150 votes
      33%

(456 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_157961_0 (resized).jpg
    rainbow-centaur-mens-t-shirt (resized).jpg
    FdmlqFrR_400x400 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_084956_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_085002_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_0257.gif
    Screenshot_20240314_124458_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-190113 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8057803_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7360 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7324 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7307 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    id-44 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
    img_0604.gif

There are 8,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 165.
    #1901 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

WOW
    You guys are finding some superb examples of clown puke. This thread is like the puke olympics.

Really, you just posted the same pic on the same page as someone else and you wonder why people are saying your redundant.

#1902 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Really, you just posted the same pic on the same page as someone else and you wonder why people are saying your redundant.

He was commenting on that pic that was posted.

Dudes, you all need to chill out. If you don't like the thread, bail. Pretty easy.

#1903 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

He was commenting on that pic that was posted.
    Dudes, you all need to chill out. If you don't like the thread, bail. Pretty easy.

It's got nothing to do with the topic at hand. Most people have a little etiquette and not constantly spam and bump threads. Lots of people use mobile and appreciate the quote and not having to load the same thing repeatedly.

#1904 6 years ago

I’ll admit I do have color gi is some of my games... BUT it’s very sparingly used only when I think it can benefit the theme... example. T2 I used a lot of 2smd ice blue... which is a highly desaturated blue. It really adds to the “cold metal” theme... even the movie leveraged a ton of cooling filters.

But I’m all for this thread! Cheers

#1905 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Most people have a little etiquette and not constantly spam and bump threads.

You are a troll in this thread; You add nothing. Why are you checking on this thread, to troll it of course. Everytime you post something it's a bump for nothingness, why the fuck would anyone make it easier for you?
    Take a look at all this etiquette.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=darscot

#1906 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You are a troll in this thread; You add nothing. Why are you checking on this thread, to troll it of course. Everytime you post something it's a bump for nothingness, why the fuck would anyone make it easier for you?
    Take a look at all this etiquette.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=darscot

What the fuck buddy, chill.

#1907 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

What the fuck buddy, chill.

I'm not your buddy, guy.

#1908 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Ha ha, come on lets hug it out. You not getting internet tough guy on me are you?

#1909 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Let's not bring the blues into this.......

#1910 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Ha ha, come on lets hug it out. You not getting internet tough guy on me are you?

Guys/Buddies, Januaries I only drink when football is on which isn't a lot; it can be a rough time.

#1911 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm not your buddy, guy.

lego2 (resized).jpglego2 (resized).jpg

#1912 6 years ago

I'm not your buddy pal.

Love that bit. Hate the puke, but T&P rule.

I stall cannot understand the trolls coming to this thread. These games are laughable. They look terrible. I have to take a break to keep my lunch down.

#1913 6 years ago

Virgins unite!!!!

Fight against the LED lights!!!!!!

#1914 6 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Virgins unite!!!!
    Fight against the LED lights!!!!!!

Please leave.

#1915 6 years ago

Mom!!!! More meat loaf!!!!!!

#1916 6 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Lol, what does this thread consist of, three people sitting around nit picking everyone's games. LOL, man, some pinsiders need to get a life outside of their mother's basement. Who gives a shit what people do to their games.
    The lighting police are here to protect and serve!!!! We just got done with our pricing duties but a knight's duties never rest!!!
    I like pinball, met some cool people but I'll tell you, there are a ton of weirdos in this hobby. I guess because it's sort of in the gaming realm.

it's more than 3 people. Newbs are the only ones that can tolerate colored GI's. Anyone that's been around has learned and progressed to doing it right. So 85% of the community that has been around the past 5 years or more know this looks like shit. 15% are new and think they are impressing people with it, or think the xmas tree look looks great from a distance. Not yet realizing how difficult it is to play on said colorwonders.

#1917 6 years ago

No one is arguing it doesn't looks like shit. They're arguing you're taking the effort to point it out as if you're the led police with nothing better to do. What is your goal, shaming them to stop doing something to their own machines? Nothing productive to do?

And good way to be inviting to newcomers in the hobby. Shaming them always works.

#1918 6 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

No one is arguing it doesn't looks like shit. They're arguing you're taking the effort to point it out as if you're the led police with nothing better to do. What is your goal, shaming them to stop doing something to their own machines? Nothing productive to do?

You might be the only one not in on the joke.

#1919 6 years ago

Got it. Sorry thought you guys were taking it seriously. My fault. I didn't read all 39 pages on the topic.

#1920 6 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

And good way to be inviting to newcomers in the hobby. Shaming them always works.

how are they going to know it looks like shit, if people don't speak up and tell them so? Why do you think the colorwonder problem has become an epidemic over on FB FS posts? it's because people say, looks great, and nice work, but the seller doesn't know it's sarcastic. So now....another person new to the hobby see that. And thinks, oh, he's getting attention from this shitfest, it must be the thing to do. Now it spreads to another newbie. Color wonder has been around for years, but it's not become a real problem like it is now. Last 4-6 months, we either have a bunch of color blind people coming into the hobby. or color blind people making these kits and charging actual money to make their games look like this.

Btw, it doesn't take anymore money to make colorwonder shitfest fantasia than it does to do it correctly in one of the version of white available. White LED's cost the same as colors.

#1921 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Let's not bring the blues into this.......

636420275091553756-buddy-guy---steven-c.-pesant (resized).jpg636420275091553756-buddy-guy---steven-c.-pesant (resized).jpg

#1922 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how are they going to know it looks like shit, if people don't speak up and tell them so? Why do you think the colorwonder problem has become an epidemic over on FB FS posts? it's because people say, looks great, and nice work, but the seller doesn't know it's sarcastic. So now....another person new to the hobby see that. And thinks, oh, he's getting attention from this shitfest, it must be the thing to do. Now it spreads to another newbie. Color wonder has been around for years, but it's not become a real problem like it is now. Last 4-6 months, we either have a bunch of color blind people coming into the hobby. or color blind people making these kits and charging actual money to make their games look like this.
    Btw, it doesn't take anymore money to make colorwonder shitfest fantasia than it does to do it correctly in one of the version of white available. White LED's cost the same as colors.

Imagine explaining your "epidemic" or reciting what you just wrote to a non-pinball person out in public.

The only epidemic are some pinball dorks taking things too seriously making us all look like dorks

Im done with this.

#1923 6 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Imagine explaining your "epidemic" or reciting what you just wrote to a non-pinball person out in public.
    The only epidemic are some pinball dorks taking things too seriously making us all look like dorks
    Im done with this.

Us dorks are advocating for proper lighting, making it easier for everyone (including new players) to see the ball and play the machine to the best of their abilities. What a bunch of dorks/old farts/teenagers/bigots/fascists we must be.

You are in the wrong thread, guy.

#1924 6 years ago

The fact that this pic of WOZ has the Rainbow plastic included made it too easy, and Lord of the Rings - Shire LE.

LOTR (resized).jpgLOTR (resized).jpgRainbow (resized).jpgRainbow (resized).jpg
    #1925 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Us dorks are advocating for proper lighting, making it easier for everyone (including new players) to see the ball and play the machine to the best of their abilities. What a bunch of dorks/old farts/teenagers/bigots/fascists we must be.

ok

#1926 6 years ago

MotorDumb

FB_IMG_1515814770061 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1515814770061 (resized).jpg

#1927 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

What brave warriors you are to stand up and tell others to stop liking things they like!

May God bless you on the noblest of quests!

Now, less bloviating and more picture taking!!!

874FBB55-3995-44E6-B145-EBBC3FC43FEB (resized).jpeg874FBB55-3995-44E6-B145-EBBC3FC43FEB (resized).jpeg

#1928 6 years ago

McSirTuna demonstrates how to play the puke.

#1929 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

What brave warriors you are to stand up and tell others to stop liking things they like!

Ahh the fascist response again, classic.

Care to actually respond re: gameplay/playability? Or are you one of those guys who just stares at his pins?

#1930 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Ahh the fascist response again, classic.
    Care to actually respond re: gameplay/playability? Or are you one of those guys who just stares at his pins?

ROTFL. I don’t think fascism means what you think it does.

As for gameplay, however people want to play their pins is cool with me. I’m not gonna try and dictate what people are allowed to like.

But have at it brave and noble knight of the GI!

Anyway, less soul savin and more picture takin!!

A9D774C7-7D42-47BD-93E2-FEF3C5B75B7C (resized).jpegA9D774C7-7D42-47BD-93E2-FEF3C5B75B7C (resized).jpeg

#1931 6 years ago

ROTFL. I don’t think fascism means what you think it does.
    As for gameplay, however people want to play their pins is cool with me. I’m not gonna try and dictate what people are allowed to like.
    But have at it brave and noble knight of the GI!
    Anyway, less soul savin and more picture takin!!

Well, you obviously don't know what it means or you're still just too thick in the skull to understand what the thread is about. Either way, you're ignorant.

#1932 6 years ago

22mlpn (resized).jpg22mlpn (resized).jpg

#1933 6 years ago

First of all, it's the clown puke morons that used the "you're a fascist" response. So your lame meme attempt is not only weak, it's also backwards. But hey, you've already said you won't bother to read the thread, so just jump right in and look stupid. Might as well.

#1934 6 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

How many guys are going to show up in this thread and whine about it like a overwrought, trembling man-poodle?

There must be at least 25 by now.

They just cannot wrap their head around the idea that someone might think that a purple glowing TZ looks like crap.

They keep saying over and over again that if you voice the opinion that clown puke looks like crap, you must be an AWFUL person.

Okay, we're awful people. We get it. Gee whiz thanks for that help.

#1935 6 years ago

1945:

Americans burn Japanese soldiers out of caves on Iwo Jima with flame throwers.

2017:

Americans retire to a safe space and complain about "hate speech" when they encounter a contradictory opinion.

Boy, we sure did toughen up over the last 70 years.

imageproxy (resized).jpgimageproxy (resized).jpg

Freedom-Of-Speech-At-Skidmore (resized).jpgFreedom-Of-Speech-At-Skidmore (resized).jpg

#1936 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

The fact that this pic of WOZ has the Rainbow plastic included made it too easy, and Lord of the Rings - Shire LE.

Quoted from jar155:

First of all, it's the clown puke morons

Quoted from irobot:

How many guys are going to show up in this thread and whine about it like a overwrought, trembling man-poodle?

Who are you guys kidding in here? This thread has become a joke, even for the people that want to be here.

Even when I post clown puked games and try to be a part of this thread, there are no upvotes or comments on the post from the 3 or 4 main anti-puke activists. I was in the middle somewhere, but this thread is now just seeming like a waste of time. More bickering than posting pics by anyone involved.

And back to name calling now? The three or four main members in this thread have proven that they are here to bicker and put people down, not to have a good time and some laughs. And that is bringing nothing positive to the hobby for anyone.

#1937 6 years ago

I really think nobody really likes it. Some of these, there is no way someone can stand there and think......"hey, that looks great.". What I think is going on, is....a bunch of newbs trying to flip games, think this is the "in" thing to do. Regardless how shitty it looks. They are like, " I think it looks like shit, but some idiot will be drawn to the colors like an insect into a zapper" so lets do it and try to sell it.

#1938 6 years ago

OK, another thought.

If you are visiting this thread, and you believe lots of colored GI looks good, do you think it looks better with Pinstadium lights on top?
    Kinda washes out the color?

#1939 6 years ago

Lol. Pinstadium washes out the color bombing that washes out the art. Love coming into this thread and seeing pics. Moar lights!

#1940 6 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Lol. Pinstadium washes out the color bombing that washes out the art. Love coming into this thread and seeing pics. Moar lights!

True, but Ill bet there are a bunch that think this looks Great!
    Of course, they have an overhead RGB Laser Disco Ball to hit the Mirror blades.

#1941 6 years ago

I need to see Pinstadium lighting in person with multiple settings to judge that. A nicely positioned picture of a well lit game while set to white might look great in a still picture. And they have, but if you use the UV settings or color change I'm sure it looks like crap also. Or if having dozens of equally spaced LEDs reflecting off a rolling ball creates a strobe effect for the player that would suck.

#1942 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Who are you guys kidding in here? This thread has become a joke, even for the people that want to be here.
    Even when I post clown puked games and try to be a part of this thread, there are no upvotes or comments on the post from the 3 or 4 main anti-puke activists. I was in the middle somewhere, but this thread is now just seeming like a waste of time. More bickering than posting pics by anyone involved.
    And back to name calling now? The three or four main members in this thread have proven that they are here to bicker and put people down, not to have a good time and some laughs. And that is bringing nothing positive to the hobby for anyone.

Cool. You hate posting here. Stop coming into the thread then. What's the point of coming in if you don't like it?

Oh, and sorry you didn't get likes in some of your posts! That has to be a hard mental burden to carry around day to day.

#1943 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Cool. You hate posting here. Stop coming into the thread then. What's the point of coming in if you don't like it?
    Oh, and sorry you didn't get likes in some of your posts! That has to be a hard mental burden to carry around day to day.

I like it, I don't like people like you. It would be an absolute miracle if you weren't so moronic, and had anything constructive or positive to add to pinball in any thread other than minutia, negativity, derogatory comments and non-sequelae.

Obviously you are always on the offensive, and don't even read my entire posts. I could care less about upvotes. I only mentioned that because those are the posts where I throw up pics of color-bombed games, which I thought was the actual purpose of this thread.

You are the one not paying attention to the point of this thread, and are instead focusing on the bickering and picking on actual people in the hobby. That's my point. People like you are what's wrong with Pinside.

#1944 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

You can stop whining and complaining and trolling the thread at any time.

Or can you?

#1945 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I like it, I don't like people like you. It would be an absolute miracle if you weren't so moronic, and had anything constructive or positive to add to pinball in any thread other than minutia, negativity, derogatory comments and non-sequelae.
    Obviously you are always on the offensive, and don't even read my entire posts. I could care less about upvotes. I only mentioned that because those are the posts where I throw up pics of color-bombed games, which I thought was the actual purpose of this thread.
    You are the one not paying attention to the point of this thread, and are instead focusing on the bickering and picking on actual people in the hobby. That's my point. People like you are what's wrong with Pinside.

Check out this masterpiece of irony.

#1946 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

You can stop whining and complaining and trolling the thread at any time.
    Or can you?

Quoted from irobot:

Check out this masterpiece of irony.

I have restoration threads, help out in tech threads, and do plenty of good things on this site. You hate clown puked games. Bravo.

Good job calling other people trolls who are actually trying to participate in your stupid thread.

#1947 6 years ago

OK Colsond you're letting it get a little personal... Just step back and take a breath. Lord knows I have to do it sometimes too.

#1948 6 years ago

zn3cfMy3td-8 (resized).pngzn3cfMy3td-8 (resized).png

#1949 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Likes to try to use big words, but can't get the phrase "couldn't care less" right.

And holy jeez, you want to talk about people being a problem on Pinside for inspiring negativity? What do you think of your presence here? What actual point do you have in being here? Who cares if you have posted some restoration tips if you're in here acting like a clown? Just because you know how to solder a wire, it doesn't give you pass to sit and passive aggressively troll a club thread. That's lame and childish, and of course people are going to call you out on it.

Don't try and act smart if you are going to play dumb at the same time. It doesn't fly.

#1950 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Likes to try to use big words, but can't get the phrase "couldn't care less" right.

Quoted from jar155:

Don't try and act smart if you are going to play dumb at the same time. It doesn't fly.

My point exactly. Keep insulting people. You're a real Pinside hero.

There are 8,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.