(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,254 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jason43
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8096331_0 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 8,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 166.
    #1551 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Answer a question, please. What is the correlation between purple and Metallica?

Ride the Lightning album cover.

#1552 6 years ago

The rest ok, but IM looks fine. Lots of cool white, and you can see the translite and PF artwork just fine. I imagine the ball too, unless you're blind. Maybe take a few of the reds out.

IMG_4267 (resized).PNGIMG_4267 (resized).PNG

#1553 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

As a Dirty Harry owner that one hits home.

I know. So right. Look, this pin is not known for the artwork. But it is a good shooter pin with not too difficult to understand defined shots and rules.

There is no reason to Glitter and Glam a freakin Dirty Harry pin. You are not setting a "Dirty Harry" mood.

#1554 6 years ago

Well, in all fairness to whoever puked that Spiderman up above....it does say GREEN Goblin, so the game was literally begging for green puke there.

#1555 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

As a Dirty Harry owner that one hits home.

Yeah, so does that insane asking price on the apron. Probably still for sale to this day at that price. I did'nt ask near that for mine and it was pristine, huo and documented.

#1556 6 years ago

Screenshot_20171227-031440 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171227-031440 (resized).png

#1557 6 years ago

You know the clown puke is bad when you look at the game and can't immediately tell what game it is.

And there are so many of them here.

#1558 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You know the clown puke is bad when you look at the game and can't immediately tell what game it is.
    And there are so many of them here.

Especially when it's a well known game with distinctive artwork.

#1559 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Answer a question, please. What is the correlation between purple and Metallica?

Absolutely nothing. It's not about theme integration or even being able to play it for that matter.

I've played so many puked games that don't even play properly.

I bought a Taxi recently, all puked up but the ramps were all broken, the drop targets didn't register, it needed a flipper rebuild and was dirty.

The fact that someone would spend the time and money to jam a bunch of LEDs in it and not fix the game to play properly says it all for the clown puking 'movement'.

#1560 6 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

Absolutely nothing. It's not about theme integration or even being able to play it for that matter.
    I've played so many puked games that don't even play properly.
    I bought a Taxi recently, all puked up but the ramps were all broken, the drop targets didn't register, it needed a flipper rebuild and was dirty.
    The fact that someone would spend the time and money to jam a bunch of LEDs in it and not fix the game to play properly says it all for the clown puking 'movement'.

The difference is it takes skill and knowledge to be able to fix a game, and not everybody possesses those. A monkey could put bulbs in a game.

#1561 6 years ago

And even the Christmas trees.

FEC35020-3388-4838-99D3-52E457867A1C (resized).jpegFEC35020-3388-4838-99D3-52E457867A1C (resized).jpeg

#1562 6 years ago

I love this thread.

21u6wm (resized).jpg21u6wm (resized).jpg

#1563 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Well, in all fairness to whoever puked that Spiderman up above....it does say GREEN Goblin, so the game was literally begging for green puke there.

no it's not. there is more than one solid color of green in that area. There is plastic art, there is playfield art.

#1564 6 years ago

Bless me father for I have sinned.

49694BF9-4C41-4550-8A98-8A285CBA1025 (resized).jpeg49694BF9-4C41-4550-8A98-8A285CBA1025 (resized).jpeg

E20A7541-7D38-426B-A4ED-22EC3999015F (resized).jpegE20A7541-7D38-426B-A4ED-22EC3999015F (resized).jpeg

#1565 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Bless me father for I have sinned.

Careful. Some of the commies here dont want you to make your own choices when it comes to private property.

Youve been warned!

(btw, that lower PF looks awful).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1566 6 years ago

Ooooof!

8380133d32d0e931cc80d941576bc9885f4a08bb.jpeg (resized).jpg8380133d32d0e931cc80d941576bc9885f4a08bb.jpeg (resized).jpg

#1567 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Careful. Some of the commies here dont want you to make your own choices when it comes to private property.
    Youve been warned!
    (btw, that lower PF looks awful).

that's not the point at all. It's just to make you aware how shitty stuff like this looks. When you think it looks good...it does not. It's a reality check thread. When you ask yourself questions like. Why isn't my game selling? answer could be. (colored LED's in the GI's). Why are people making sarcastic comments on my FS thread? Answer could be (colored LED's in the GI's). When people are playing and say they can't see shit on that game. (the answer probably is colored GI's). When someone says, dude...this game sucks you should sell it. It's probably because it has colored LED's in the GI's and looks and plays like shit.

#1568 6 years ago

I've never had a problem selling any game with LEDs in it, cool white or color. I'm sure most of the people posting in this thread haven't either. If any comment is made, I'm happy to hand them a bag of incandescent bulbs I keep in a bucket out in my garage, or even the new packs that I have laying around.

And going into somebody's for sale thread and making snarky comments about the game they are trying to sell, or saying that it looks like shit, is in bad taste in my opinion. Whether you like it or not, you shouldn't potentially inhibit somebody's ability to sell their game. We already have the price police here that chime in, and that's bad enough.

Now back to your regularly scheduled LED misery…

#1569 6 years ago

when a game sits and sits and sits. Someone has to say something on why it's probably not selling. better for the seller and everyone. He's not happy his game is not selling and probably doesn't know why. So either has to change it and have the game show better, or lower the price to where someone doesn't care they have to do a bunch of work to it when they get home.

#1570 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

when a game sits and sits and sits. Someone has to say something on why it's probably not selling. better for the seller and everyone. He's not happy his game is not selling and probably doesn't know why. So either has to change it and have the game show better, or lower the price to where someone doesn't care they have to do a bunch of work to it when they get home.

You restore playfields and you think that changing light bulbs is a lot of work? That doesn’t even make sense lol. You’re a cool guy NEO, don’t become a broken record like iRobot.

#1571 6 years ago

restoring playfields makes me money. If i'm paying going rate for a game, I don't want to spend 4 or 5 hours changing bulbs over. It does take work. I have games I have yet to take apart to change things over after I got them. Because I don't have the time to do it. Now if i'm getting the game dirt cheap. I don't care. I'll get to it eventually, but that time lost is time I could be working on stuff and making money, which always has priority over my "free" time.

#1572 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's just to make you aware how shitty stuff like this looks.

To YOU.

If someone wants their game to be completely blue, have at it. Its their property.

We can point and laugh in good fun but there are some here who think they are going to change peoples personal taste...And that, is pure awesomeness to witness.

#1573 6 years ago

To YOU.
    If someone wants their game to be completely blue, have at it. Its their property.
    We can point and laugh in good fun but there are some here who think they are going to change peoples personal taste...And that, is pure awesomeness to witness.

to the science, on how light reflects off of printed color and translucent color. How your retina, and how that image is portrayed. How it visually is picked up by the human eye. And all the art elements lost when using a single color vs white spectrum (which has all the colors)

#1574 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

restoring playfields makes me money. If i'm paying going rate for a game, I don't want to spend 4 or 5 hours changing bulbs over. It does take work. I have games I have yet to take apart to change things over after I got them. Because I don't have the time to do it. Now if i'm getting the game dirt cheap. I don't care. I'll get to it eventually, but that time lost is time I could be working on stuff and making money, which always has priority over my "free" time.

I think changing the bulbs to your liking and personal taste is fun. I don’t like the real dark colored LED’s myself but some of these games with a hint of green or whatever color here and there look great and they are very tastefully done.......Colsand’s Vampire game for example and Pinfactory2000 had some nice examples as well. I think a little bit of color gives certain games character. It’s much better than a bland looking all white light game IMO.

#1575 6 years ago

GI's for me consist of a big pile of sunlight comet 2smbs. Then start taking the game apart and replacing everything.

Color bulbs are only used under black or white printed inserts. Other than that, they never get used.

#1576 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

GI's for me consist of a big pile of sunlight comet 2smbs. Then start taking the game apart and replacing everything.
    Color bulbs are only used under black or white printed inserts. Other than that, they never get used.

I can’t stand an all white or sunlight playfield. Talk about looking like shit, now that looks like shit!

#1577 6 years ago

Screenshot_20171227-031259 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171227-031259 (resized).png

#1578 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can’t stand an all white or sunlight playfield. Talk about looking like shit, now that looks like shit!

Not always.

On Congo, its all Sunlight, other than 3 Ice Blue in Pops, with appropriate Caps.

The common thing to do with the GI on this game, is to add Green to the GI under the Green Plastic Art.
    So, I tried all 15 plus bulbs, and none looked right. The best I could get was a prototype light Green I made, with
    Sunlight washing out the edges and that looked OK.

Sure, your game, do whatever you want, but if all the games we are talking about were designed for incandescent,
    improving just that and only that does work......sometimes it doesnt.

I have games with Sunlight in GI, but a few Incandescent left, simply because it looks better. The plastic screening
    wasnt thick enough.

In this thread, we arent even addressing repro plastics, overhead lighting, etc.

I received an email 2 days ago of a game with colored GI, the Pinsider wasnt happy, so that added a white LED
    strip source around the cabinet inside. Now he was happy, because the white light washed out the Colored GI.
    A long way around for a solution.

congo 6 (resized).jpgcongo 6 (resized).jpg

#1579 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no it's not. there is more than one solid color of green in that area. There is plastic art, there is playfield art.

Not sure what you're meaning. I was joking about the green LEDs belonging there.

#1580 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

to the science, on how light reflects off of printed color and translucent color. How your retina, and how that image is portrayed. How it visually is picked up by the human eye. And all the art elements lost when using a single color vs white spectrum (which has all the colors)

And broccoli is my daughters favorite food.

I keep trying to tell her it tastes terrible.

#1581 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

science you have yet to back up with ANY written article documenting these studies on light reflection or retina reaction.. still waiting for PROOF ..not opinions

#1582 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

when a game sits and sits and sits. Someone has to say something on why it's probably not selling. better for the seller and everyone. He's not happy his game is not selling and probably doesn't know why.

Maybe some are not selling, but a lot of them are. This one sold for $5500 on 12/23

Screenshot_20171229-141624 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171229-141624 (resized).png

#1583 6 years ago

And broccoli is my daughters favorite food.
    I keep trying to tell her it tastes terrible.

I completely understand what Neo is saying. The problem is, clown pukers don't give a shit what Neo says or thinks. If they think the bottom of their BSD looks good glowing f'ing blue, that's all that matters.

#1584 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If they think the bottom of their BSD looks good glowing f'ing blue, that's all that matters.

Isnt that all that should matter? That the owner of a pin likes how it looks?

#1585 6 years ago

Yes. I've said it a million times. It's your game, do what you want to it. But I will also be brutally honest with you if you ask me what I think. Same goes with Skittle colored trim and making every portion of your game glow with some kind of LED kit.

#1586 6 years ago

Nope.
    All that made Jeffery Dhamer happy was drilling into peoples skulls and pouring acid in to try to make a human sexual zombie; that doesn't make it ok.

#1587 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nope.
    All that made Jeffery Dhamer happy was drilling into peoples skulls and pouring acid in to try to make a human sexual zombie; that doesn't make it ok.

Yeah, using colored light bulbs in your own pin in your own home is totally equivalent to eating other humans lol.

#1588 6 years ago

Yeah, using colored light bulbs in your own pin in your own home is totally equivalent to eating other humans lol.

Well when you put it like that it doesn;t quite add up.

You have to add in the part where he had sex with the dead bodies and then you're in the sweet spot

#1589 6 years ago

Crack is popular also.

If it is in your home and I have never been to your home then why am I looking at it and laughing?

Oh, right, you put a picture on the internet and said things like "look what I did", "this is for sale" or "what do you think?".

I told the truth. I am in the right thread, some of you are not.

#1590 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Crack is popular also.
    If it is in your home and I have never been to your home then why am I looking at it and laughing?
    Oh, right, you put a picture on the internet and said things like "look what I did", "this is for sale" or "what do you think?".
    I told the truth. I am in the right thread, some of you are not.

The addiction to false equivalencies in this thread are almost as comical as the poorly LED'd pins!

#1591 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not always.
    On Congo, its all Sunlight, other than 3 Ice Blue in Pops, with appropriate Caps.
    The common thing to do with the GI on this game, is to add Green to the GI under the Green Plastic Art.
    So, I tried all 15 plus bulbs, and none looked right. The best I could get was a prototype light Green I made, with
    Sunlight washing out the edges and that looked OK.
    Sure, your game, do whatever you want, but if all the games we are talking about were designed for incandescent,
    improving just that and only that does work......sometimes it doesnt.
    I have games with Sunlight in GI, but a few Incandescent left, simply because it looks better. The plastic screening
    wasnt thick enough.
    In this thread, we arent even addressing repro plastics, overhead lighting, etc.
    I received an email 2 days ago of a game with colored GI, the Pinsider wasnt happy, so that added a white LED
    strip source around the cabinet inside. Now he was happy, because the white light washed out the Colored GI.
    A long way around for a solution.

That Congo looks awesome Art but some green accents on it may not be a bad thing. It looks a little washed out in the flipper area, could just be the camera too I suppose.

#1592 6 years ago

The addiction to false equivalencies in this thread are almost as comical as the poorly LED'd pins!

Why? Just because something is popular does not make it good.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

science you have yet to back up with ANY written article documenting these studies on light reflection or retina reaction.. still waiting for PROOF ..not opinions

I gave a scientific explanation with a link to the since of using one color to illuminate another. Just because you want to ignore it does not mean it was not presented to you.

#1593 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That Congo looks awesome Art but some green accents on it may not be a bad thing. It looks a little washed out in the flipper area, could just be the camera too I suppose.

No green accents on Congo. The plastics have lots of green artwork that when properly lit provide all the green that is needed.

#1594 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Never said it did. All I said was that if the owner of the pin likes it then thats all that matters.

And then serial killers and crack were trotted out.

As I've noted, theres hilarity all around in this thread, and not just in poorly LED'd pins lol.

#1595 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yes. I've said it a million times. It's your game, do what you want to it. But I will also be brutally honest with you if you ask me what I think. Same goes with Skittle colored trim and making every portion of your game glow with some kind of LED kit.

exactly..i agree with most of the crusade that lots of these look horrible (imo) ..just dont need some dipshit on pinside telling me my opinion is wrong and their opinion is right.

#1596 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

No green accents on Congo. The plastics have lots of green artwork that when properly lit provide all the green that is needed.

Agreed!!

#1597 6 years ago

Screenshot_20171227-031946 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171227-031946 (resized).png

#1598 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

..just dont need some dipshit on pinside telling me my opinion is wrong and their opinion is right.

Exactly because you're intelligent enough to know it already; I can respect that.

#1599 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I gave a scientific explanation with a link to the since of using one color to illuminate another. Just because you want to ignore it does not mean it was not presented to you.

NOT ONCE Does that article give any reference to coloured LED bulbs being wrong and old school yellow lights being correct for lighting pinball machines. It is an article about absorbing colours and how your eye perceives light. Where does it say ANYTHING about how using coloured led's is wrong? Derp

#1600 6 years ago

My gamer son got an RGB illuminated keyboard and mouse for Christmas, and I helped him install RGB strips along his walls. It's a rainbow pukers room, but not Dad's games!

7507a51912cfecda8a77eb11a9d41a74 (resized).jpg7507a51912cfecda8a77eb11a9d41a74 (resized).jpg

There are 8,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.