(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,228 posts
  • 453 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by koji
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 248 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 150 votes
      33%

(457 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8096331_0 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    431601171_294512636845936_6996028550009748198_n (resized).jpg
    Pinside_market_157961_0 (resized).jpg
    rainbow-centaur-mens-t-shirt (resized).jpg
    FdmlqFrR_400x400 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_084956_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_085002_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_0257.gif
    Screenshot_20240314_124458_Facebook (resized).jpg

There are 8,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 165.
    #1501 6 years ago

Seriously, I don't understand why there is so much contentiousness in this thread.

If you paid me $1,000 for each pro-clown-puke argument I could come up with, the best thing I would be able to come up with would be:

"Well, it doesn't actually hurt the game and yes, people got carried away with the LEDs, and the games look like crap, but it's their property so leave them alone, it's unfriendly to criticize people."

That's about it. That's not an aesthetic argument, it's a social argument.

What other argument can you make in favor of clown puke?

Take that Hook pin for example. To plug several super bright red bulbs behind a character who is wearing a red coat so that the character glows completely red from head to toe is ABSURD.

Are you going to pretend that there was some sort of high-minded artistic philosophy or deep emotion behind it?

Here's the philosophy:

"Put a red bulb behind a red character to make it "pop" even if the bulb color bleeds all over the artwork and washes everything out. More light and color is always better."

How can you be mad at someone for daring to dislike this senseless and tacky distortion of the game's artwork?

#1502 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

How can you be mad at someone

Nobody is mad at you.

Most just seem amused at how much light-bulbs are triggering a grown man.

#1503 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Now THAT'S fun!

#1504 6 years ago

IMG_4251 (resized).PNGIMG_4251 (resized).PNG

IMG_4253 (resized).PNGIMG_4253 (resized).PNG

IMG_4254 (resized).PNGIMG_4254 (resized).PNG

IMG_4252 (resized).PNGIMG_4252 (resized).PNG

#1505 6 years ago

least they did the playfield like a normal person.

#1506 6 years ago

Screenshot_20171227-032651 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171227-032651 (resized).png

#1507 6 years ago

Screenshot_20171227-032027 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171227-032027 (resized).png

#1508 6 years ago

45175f68912d26468c5266fc1c65d099baaca1bd.png (resized).png45175f68912d26468c5266fc1c65d099baaca1bd.png (resized).png

latest (resized).jpglatest (resized).jpg

#1509 6 years ago

LMAO The Chicken Roaster!!!! I love that episode

#1510 6 years ago

Nobody is mad at you.

All the pro-rainbow guys keep trying to express to me how amused they are by my foolishness. Gee whiz, that stings!

Wouldn't it be great if we could all meet together in person?

Then everyone could express their scorn for me without this pesky anonymity to water down their message.

I'm sure everyone would step right up to the plate, their eyes red with LED burn and their moobs jiggling with indignation.

#1511 6 years ago

That Corvette pin is awesome.

Finally someone goes for orange GI instead of purple.

Why play boring old Corvette when you can play Citrus Heat Lamp Vette?

#1512 6 years ago

One of the reasons why I read this thread is because of the funny puke pictures. That Cramer pic is hilarious.

#1513 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Then everyone could express their scorn for me without this pesky anonymity to water down their message.
    I'm sure everyone would step right up to the plate, their eyes red with LED burn and their moobs jiggling with indignation.

Your obsessive triggering over light bulbs is simply funny. No scorn or hate in saying that. You make me (and others) giggle.

I'd gladly say that to you in person. Why wouldn't I? Would you physically attack someone for saying that you bring a smile to the faces of many? Seems like misplaced hostility.

The person throwing the most anonymous venom into the ether is staring back at you in the mirror.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1514 6 years ago

Your obsessive triggering over light bulbs is simply funny. No scorn or hate in saying that. You make me (and others) giggle.
    I'd gladly say that to you in person. Why wouldn't I? Would you physically attack someone for saying that you bring a smile to the faces of many? Seems like misplaced hostility.
    The person throwing the most anonymous venom into the ether is staring back at you in the mirror.

Maybe, just like, go away. Everybody would be better for that. All you do is troll, which is against the Pinside TOS anyway. If people were actually crying, you would be reported, but honestly, you're just annoying.

And the only people that cried to mods were purpers. Imagine that. And you want to accuse people of being overly sensitive.

#1515 6 years ago

haunted house is hard enough to see with normal bulbs. Might as well unplug the GI's if you are going to use anything except white. Because the game being off will illuminate the playfield the same way as color light would.

#1516 6 years ago

Lol. I got a Jack*Bot and was in the middle of setting up the left=blue and right=red “thing”, then I saw some pics and man... that’s disgusting and really looks crap. Reverted back immediately

#1517 6 years ago

I find the venomous disgust funny, meanwhile the pukers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#1518 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I find the venomous disgust funny, meanwhile the pukers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Thats all I'm saying.

Some people here REALLY hate reality.

#1519 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Maybe, just like, go away. Everybody would be better for that. All you do is troll, which is against the Pinside TOS anyway. If people were actually crying, you would be reported, but honestly, you're just annoying.
    And the only people that cried to mods were purpers. Imagine that. And you want to accuse people of being overly sensitive.

Yawn.

The entire thread is a giant troll.

#1520 6 years ago

doesn't mean the shit is selling. And most things don't sell for the price asked. A lot is talked down before the deal is closed.

#1521 6 years ago

Screenshot_20171227-031859 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171227-031859 (resized).png

#1522 6 years ago
    Quoted from Giulio:

Lol. I got a Jack*Bot and was in the middle of setting up the left=blue and right=red “thing”, then I saw some pics and man... that’s disgusting and really looks crap. Reverted back immediately

Even saving one makes this thread worth it.

#1523 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Even saving one makes this thread worth it.

For the cost of a cup of coffee a day...

#1524 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

doesn't mean the shit is selling. And most things don't sell for the price asked. A lot is talked down before the deal is closed.

I'm seeing a lot selling, and for some big prices. Perhaps the buyer of that Firepower is going to rip out those LEDs and sell them for about $400, because $1700 is the most that game is worth with empty bulb sockets.

#1525 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Nobody can dispute that clown puke is taking over the hobby.

The vendors are all selling puke kits, not 'original incandescent look" kits.

But this too could pass eventually.

Recall that leisure suits were once the hottest new thing.

#1526 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Nobody can dispute that clown puke is taking over the hobby.

It all starts with the people that are doing the clown puking.

mermanhair7a (resized).jpgmermanhair7a (resized).jpg

#1527 6 years ago

Yawn.
    The entire thread is a giant troll.

First you were laughing, now you're yawning. That's neato.

This isn't a troll thread. It's long overdue.

The clown puking of a pinball game completely changes the look of the game.

Anything that makes such a huge difference in appearance is bound to be disliked by a certain percentage of the collecting community.

Why is that idea so impossible for people to accept?

Why do you care so much?

Why are you even in this thread attacking people?

#1528 6 years ago

"Would you physically attack someone for saying that you bring a smile to the faces of many?"

pedalling backwards is great for the lower quads

#1529 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

First you were laughing, now you're yawning. That's neato.
    This isn't a troll thread. It's long overdue.
    The clown puking of a pinball game completely changes the look of the game.
    Anything that makes such a huge difference in appearance is bound to be disliked by a certain percentage of the collecting community.
    Why is that idea so impossible for people to accept?
    Why do you care so much?
    Why are you even in this thread attacking people?

Less crying and more pictures please. We get that you're perpetually triggered. Move on.

#1530 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

"Would you physically attack someone for saying that you bring a smile to the faces of many?"
    pedalling backwards is great for the lower quads

your honor witness non responsive.

#1531 6 years ago

This from one of the biggest trolls on pinside. Pot calling the kettle black? Haha. Too fuk'n funny.

Quoted from jar155:

Maybe, just like, go away. Everybody would be better for that. All you do is troll, which is against the Pinside TOS anyway.

#1532 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

This from one of the biggest trolls on pinside. Pot calling the kettle black? Haha. Too fuk'n funny.

I don't think you understand what "troll" means. Thanks for bumping the thread though. Awareness helps the cause.

#1533 6 years ago

the purses are swinging now

hoo wee hot potaters

#1534 6 years ago

10sdf1e.gif10sdf1e.gif

#1535 6 years ago

This thread is payback for me....use to be dozens of emails a day..."How do I LED my game?"

Reply with a discussion on white bulbs, how to use, and a link with info.

Then the reply, "But I want to use Purple, Blue, or red, in my GI, not white...why dont you recommend that?"

and I'd answer, they'd reply and my life became this thread.

I gave up.

I said "Read, or do as you wish". "But Purple is BETTER!" Why?, "I read it!" OK, do it! Back and forth!!

Still, the arguments came....for me now, seeing the pictures, and the posts now from the sidelines on a subject I dare
    not breach in business, is a Joy beyond words!!!

Thank you for all posts and pictures!

#1536 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This thread is payback for me....use to be dozens of emails a day..."How do I LED my game?"

MADLED (resized).jpgMADLED (resized).jpg

#1537 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

To be fair, that was back when you were dropping acid, wasn't it?

#1538 6 years ago

I like this thread because I think it's an overdue conversation.

A lot of times a guy will post up pictures of a clown puked game and everyone will offer polite praise.

I'm sitting there reading this praise like

635793459805014882-975210131_babyblonde (resized).png635793459805014882-975210131_babyblonde (resized).png

#1539 6 years ago

Peter Parker and Mary Jane were Smurfs.

IMG_20161210_162653 (resized).jpgIMG_20161210_162653 (resized).jpg

#1540 6 years ago

This was a Meteor that I bought and had to de-purp. Not a bulb was saved.

IMG_20170220_173422 (resized).jpgIMG_20170220_173422 (resized).jpg

#1541 6 years ago

Please tell me they paid for an Altek board just so they could Shitclown it? Or where the inserts normal?

#1542 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Peter Parker and Mary Jane were Smurfs.

I couldn't figure out what was on the apron until I finally realized that it was chrome. Those BSM's are way too nice to screw up with a shitty LED job like that.

#1543 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Please tell me they paid for an Altek board just so they could Shitclown it? Or where the inserts normal?

It had the original boards, but I put an Altek in it. It had lots of problems. But instead of fixing those issues, the machine got puked before repairs.

#1544 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It had the original boards, but I put an Altek in it. It had lots of problems. But instead of fixing those issues, the machine got puked before repairs.

Well hey it worked....I can;t see any problems with it through the puke

#1545 6 years ago

I love LEDs!I love LEDs!

They make pinball AMAZINThey make pinball AMAZIN

MORE COLOR PLZMORE COLOR PLZ

#1546 6 years ago

Death (resized).pngDeath (resized).png

#1547 6 years ago

Less crying and more pictures please. We get that you're perpetually triggered. Move on.

That Medusa looks awesome.

#1548 6 years ago

Here is more garbage. All terrible.

FB_IMG_1468472681786 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1468472681786 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1476889729990 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1476889729990 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1477267485653 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1477267485653 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1477493501938 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1477493501938 (resized).jpg

20160513_184140 (resized).jpg20160513_184140 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1475964479778 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1475964479778 (resized).jpg

#1549 6 years ago

As a Dirty Harry owner that one hits home.

#1550 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Here is more garbage. All terrible.

Answer a question, please. What is the correlation between purple and Metallica?

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

There are 8,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/31?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.