(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

642 posts in this topic match your search for posts by captainneo. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #3647 5 years ago

TZ is dark in general. That one is totally unplayable without LOTS of room lighting.

2 weeks later
    #3664 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

[quoted image]

Absolutely horrifying (monster bash)

I guess that F14 is locked on to an intense dogshit fight.

1 month later
    #3717 5 years ago

for those that say it's not a big deal when buying this crap. They try and say it's just swapping bulbs. They are full of shit. I had to do 2 games recently with this bullshit installed. Actually 3. And it sucked ass.

Escape from lost world. Puked out everywhere. 4 hours to do it correctly.

Pinball champ , Puked out in the bottom, cheap LEDs that didnt' throw any light on top. 3 Hours

Sinbad- Had flame flicker GI's everywhere. 1.5 hours.

So this is time that I do not have to spare I spend fixing stupid shit. People that do this crap try to justify it saying it's easy to convert back, but the time I lose, having to go back and fix someone elses work... costs me money and time. So if you insist on making your games look like complete ass. you better be prepared to sell at a discount.

#3719 5 years ago

in all fairness, that is factory and in a color wonder animation mode, or mode specific. Wonka does have normal lighting in normal play sections. Color changing for a mode is very different than having to put up with it the entire game.

#3724 5 years ago

puking didn't become popular until the LED's got way brighter. before, even white was so dim, it would barely illuminate the GI's. But when they got brighter. People think they can actually illuminate GI's with color. Which still doesn't work, because humans have a hard time following moving objects in monochromatic lighting.

1 week later
    1 week later
    #3763 4 years ago

but you will still get some asshole, that looks at that and says, that looks great.

1 week later
    #3778 4 years ago

here is a little Gem that was in league last night. Those that say it looks worse in the pictures.... this is actually worse in person. So much that it couldn't be used for league because it was so dark on top, it was unplayable.

chris S f14 (1) (resized).jpgchris S f14 (1) (resized).jpgchris S f14 (3) (resized).jpgchris S f14 (3) (resized).jpg
    #3783 4 years ago

black hole is already hard to see to play. this would be an absolute nightmare.

#3790 4 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Is it possible to get eye damage from this thread?

and an aneurysm, from the amount of stupidity you have to witness, from people trying to LED a game. Trying is the key word here.

#3795 4 years ago

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! isn't it.

96192562458b93bb793a57acd1b35dcc9a6fc6ee (resized).jpg96192562458b93bb793a57acd1b35dcc9a6fc6ee (resized).jpg
    #3800 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Need to break out the ole blue blockers![quoted image]

we also need, red, green, purple and orange blockers.

#3814 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image]

that gif is as horrifying as the LED work in this thread.

#3819 4 years ago

WHY WHY WHY would you destroy an awesome art package like on maiden? This is a game where everything should be showcased in white to show off all that art.

1 week later
    #3843 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

It's not rainbow puke, but the previous owner did like the red and green. You can't see a thing on the playfield.[quoted image][quoted image]

this is the damn game that took me 4 1/2 hours to replace that stupid shit. Not this one specifically, but one done almost like it.

#3844 4 years ago
    Quoted from mskoenen:

This one was done with the express purpose of looking like crap. A friend of mine had moved to a city where the cost of rent per square foot made him not want to get a place big enough for all of his machines. So for the past few years, I've been fostering his F-14. Well, now he bought a house and I had to give it back. So to thank him for letting me play it for the last few years, I did a super-sweet LED job for him. Judging by the picture he sent me, he was very pleased with the result![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOL, and F14 is horrible when it's done in anything other than white. It is completely unplayable. Funny shit. I'd have been pissed as well. Plus those GI's are ground braided, so you have to go in from the top.

1 week later
    #3854 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I need to rescue that countdown from someone.

#3856 4 years ago

makes the playfield look like 2D and it's printed on black velvet with black lights.

#3860 4 years ago

yes. well the guy that I bought EFTLW from thought it looked good too, but you couldn't see shit on it. I think people that do this, don't actually play the games, they just stand 15 feet back and look at them on. They have to, because nobody , I mean NOBODY can play a game in a somewhat dark room.

#3878 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

This is my game. Does this qualify me for the rainbow puke club? LOL, it’s beautiful in person.[quoted image]

sorry but i've tried to play on these games in person, and they do not look beautiful if you need to play the game. If you stand 15 ft away and never play it, wipe it off with a diaper every 2 months, then lighting like this is ok.

#3885 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

No. it's is never ok. Not if you're into pinball. Are you ok?

it really never is ok, because someone is going to buy that game down the road and have to fix the bullshit. So even if you don't have play the piles of shit. Someone somewhere is going to have to fix your crap.

#3895 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

For your utmost pleasure, here are 2 pins I made.
    FH turned out more colored that I had imagined, first time I was using a premade set, and last one. Was a bit worried when I saw the color list.
    For the Farfalla, game itself is a Rainbow puke, so I went "f*** it, let's go for it!"[quoted image][quoted image]

in all fairness to farfalla, it looks as though the playfield was done in white. Hard to tell with all the glare from the BG.

You do NOT want bright LED's in the backbox. You want the backbox as dark as possible to reduce glare. Most backglasses that have individual bulbs in the backbox, you can get away with having only 7 or 8 incandescent bulbs back there. Still can see the BG fine and glare is reduced by 83% or more. On new spike systems where it's adjustable, I set all mine on about 8%.

#3903 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

This is a great feature. They even allow you to set the brightness differently for gameplay and attract mode. For games on location, I leave the attract mode at 100%, but turn down gameplay to 10%, so it dims way down once someone starts playing.

I agree. Great job stern for making this an option. This is one of the features that are nice about spike. Not to keen on a lot of the design features physically, but this is nice.

#3916 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm curious, do people post pins with rainbow puke, then follow this thread to see if their pin shows up in a post, and then get mad when it does and people comment on it?

i'm sure it happens, because they try their damnest to justify the stupidity. You can't. The science behind illumination and lighting is pretty straight forward, and you cannot deny it.

4 weeks later
    #3931 4 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Tri- not to look directly at it- Zone[quoted image]

how can those toolboxes claim you can see just fine when playing a game like this. you can clearly see, that you cannot see.

#3935 4 years ago

not if it's only set to white and reduced down. THey had a WCS in pinstadium in white and it didnt' look bad. but they should only be made in white, so people don't have the option to be idiots.

#3950 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackalwere:

Independence from Incandescent Day...[quoted image]

what in the actual fawk? How can someone look at that, and try and defend such stupidity? No fawking way that's playable. How dumb can a person get?

#3960 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you think the GI is hacked on this machine, you haven't seen the driver board yet. Haha! As bright as it is, the whole back of the playfield GI is out.
    I can fix it! I've got the ultimate set of tools...

spicoli (resized).jpgspicoli (resized).jpg
    #3992 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Here's a good Joke...rz[quoted image][quoted image]

I saw that piece of shit on facebook. He does it with all his games and thinks it looks good.

#3993 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Found this listed on eBay while searching for parts. Dude even swapped the displays with green LEDs to match the rest of that mess.[quoted image]

that's what mine looked like when I bought it from the guy. 4.5 hours to fix it correctly.

#3997 4 years ago
    Quoted from swanng:

Light emitting diodes used for illumination have no place in pinball machines unless the machines were specifically designed with them. Just my .02.

I used to think this, until I saw and used the Sunlight 2SMB's from comet. They have excellent light distribution and look fairly natural, and bright enough to illuminate dark games. I use them in all games, including early SS and EM's. But they only come in natural white, so you can't do your game like an asshole if you only buy those.

#4005 4 years ago

this is the way every game with colored LEDs, appears to those of us with head out of our asses.

1 week later
    #4013 4 years ago

yup, I saw this pile of LED garbage. It's going to suck to have to take that all apart again and do it all over again.

#4022 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Fuck is that an actual gold edition?!

yup, what an abomination!

#4029 4 years ago

Fantastic. This icon describes color LED Gi's perfectly. I'm going to use it in every FB thread I see. Saves me the trouble, of having to try and teach them how to do things the only correct way.

#4043 4 years ago

pinstadium doesn't work there, you can see all of it reflecting off the metal ramps.

#4056 4 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Machines like that should be considered broken.

they are. Had an F14 look like that. And it was unplayable.

#4061 4 years ago

that has to be a factory animation, I don't think you can change the LED's on the newer games to just one color

#4065 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

It looks to me like a green led strip in the back and one under the apron. Both absolutely horrible to look at.

yes it could be. WTF would anyone do that. The playfield artwork is great, and now it looks like a steaming pile of shit.

#4075 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bingovit:

Even from factory it can be horrible! [quoted image]

could Colored LED's cause a company to go bankrupt? Maybe not....but then again. Maybe so.

#4080 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I highly doubt that, just by looking at some recent kit sales on just one source. That doesn't even include the myriad mods, individual color packs, LED strip lighting etc...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

those are the guys that really need to be punched in the head. They spread this shit around by people who don't know any better.

#4086 4 years ago

a magical place, where nobody can play pinball, but can sit around and look at them from afar. Magical!

#4094 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Been getting a good laugh out of this thread. The guys I work for have been converting all of their older pins to leds, and while some of them don't look half bad, the others have been reaaaal ugly. My bosses think they look awesome though, so we keep banging them out, if any of them were mine they'd be going back to regular bulbs, or at least all white leds.
    PS: Any EM pin with an LED kit looks like shit!!!

it's not about LED's at all. LEDs are great. But the only LED that should be used in GI sockets to illuminate any playfield is either Warm white (for warm color pallet games, reds, yellows and oranges), or Cool white to accent cool color pallets (blues, greens, purples).

2SMB sunlights from Comet are fantastic. Great light distribution, natural look. I buy them by the 100's and use them in almost every game. EM's, early SS, dmd's.

#4102 4 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

Do you only use the frosted in GI or do you use clear? I found them on comet website but was curious, I always thought you use frosted in GI since some of them you can see.

frosted. As the frosting distributes light more evenly. it's like a diffuser

#4111 4 years ago

least with gottlieb wiring, they could color match white for everything since every wire is white. there's a chance they could not do them like a dumb asshole.

#4119 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

When I saw this Speakeasy, I knew it had to be rescued and fixed. So I did. Now, it’s getting sold back to its original owner.[quoted image][quoted image]

now look at these 2 pictures. There is no way, anyone can say the colorshit looks better than the correct way.

#4123 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I've never played a Purple...err I mean Polar Explorer before.[quoted image]

believe it or not. It actually has all the correct lights in it. THe problem is the room had a blue bulb illuminating the room that throws off being able to see anything. It was like playing a game in strip club lighting. Wasn't so bad when you stood in front of the game and blocked the room light from shining on the field.

#4129 4 years ago

so it can be turned off? Thank god for that. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to include that an an option. Do they not read these threads?

#4132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Maybe because you guys are in the minority for not liking color in your games?

not at all. Most of us like to be able to actually see and play our games. There is only a small percentage that never play them and wipe them off with a diaper. Those are the color puke ones.

#4150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

And werent you just making fun of the new MM release and its color? This thread is far from just picking on people with overly colorful games. You were just making fun of a stock game lol. And im sure the makers wouldnt release it with a problem of not being able to see the ball or play the game correctly.

yes, it's a stupid move for a company to put that as stock. on MM you have the ability to turn it off. Stern did it with Avengers and learned their lesson. Now the new games are white as all can be. Why? because you can't fucking see shit if your gameroom has dark lighting. If your gameroom looks like Kmart, sure, the colored GI's will not effect you.

I can't believe how many of Rob berks games are colorshitted. It's a good thing Expo has bright lighting everywhere or many of his games wouldn't be playable. It would be like the rare euro section, where most games you can't play.

#4156 4 years ago

that game would be banned from any league or tournament play due to the machine not being in playable condition.

#4160 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Most likely... lol. Only a small few seem to have the "unplayable eye condition" caused by colors hahaha

then it must be a wisconsin thing, because 100% had games like this that nobody could see anything. Actually I think it's a brain thing. If your IQ is lower than 100, you have the ability to follow the ball just fine with colored GI's.

#4166 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrmark0673:

Only $4k for a rainbow delight BTTF with no legs!
    Better yet, how about this Vegas with "$1,000 in lighting"?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

GREAT SCOTT! MARTY!? IT'S YOUR GAME, SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT YOUR GAME! It's totally unplayable and will set off a chain of events that will continue to make it unplayable until it's eventually just thrown in the trash because nothing works anymore from not being played.

#4169 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I'm sure it has much to do with my age, but no matter the color of pin lights, I have to have decent ambient room lighting to play well any more. Played a few games in darker locations that were not puked and had some trouble keeping my eyes on the ball from the WHITE led flashers. I never put LED flashers in my games, just seems overkill. Part of the reason I wasn't too sad to sell F-14 when I became bored of it. I have even rows of dimmable lighting overhead and just behind the player in my gameroom, allowing me to cast exactly the right amount of ambient playfield lighting on my games so they play well.

some of it is due to manufacturer. Data east, Sega and Stern likes to flash the GI's at you during gameplay and make it super difficult to see. Hence why colored GI's are even worse in those situations. Gottlieb does it a lot on system 3's too.

#4172 4 years ago
    Quoted from MD_Pinball_Dude:

Any issues with replacing all of the playfield lamps with some warm white LEDs to keep things nice and cool behind the artwork and under tight spaces? I just did my entire Big Deal (1977) with warm white LEDs (save the three under the upper lane guides that are now cool white to make the white caps really pop) I was amazed how hot the lamps were in some places. The LEDs also make the playfield inserts look great too. A quick calculation of the power requirements takes the power from 126 Watts down to just 10 if all 80 lamps are replaced.

Warm White is the ONLY way to go for GI's. SOmetimes Cool white for more playfields with a blue, green or purple color pallets.

For all games you should buy

Comet - 2 SMB sunlight White

Buy them by the 100's. Because they can be used for every game. Look great in EM's , Early solid state and DMD's.

#4175 4 years ago

did they change the name? All my bags say 2 SMB. they may have changed the name when comet changed hands.

Either way those are the ones. Oh yeah, make sure you get frosted versions. They distribute light evenly and are fantastic.

#4177 4 years ago

As long as it has white in the name and it's going in a GI socket, it's the right choice.

#4183 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Yeah, they probably aren’t worried about 3 old dudes who have been having the same tantrum for 4 years LOL!
    ‘Muh eyes, muh eyes!!’
    LOL

Sorry, but 97% of people actually enjoy being able to PLAY their machines. Nobody and I mean nobody can see shit in colored GI's. You just can't. If you claim you can see fine, then you are a liar. Anyone that puts colored LED's in the GI's has no concept of the science behind lighting or how the human eye interacts in monochromatic lighting.

#4209 4 years ago

And here for your disapproval is a shitpark and shitbusters.

shit park (resized).jpgshit park (resized).jpgshitbusters (resized).jpgshitbusters (resized).jpg
    #4216 4 years ago

someone posted this game on Facebook. This is a perfect example on a side by side comparison, on how shitty it is to try and see with colored GI's vs White. This is a tutorial picture if i've ever seen one.

white vs blue comparison (resized).jpgwhite vs blue comparison (resized).jpg
    #4219 4 years ago

least it looks like the rest of the field is lit correctly.

1 week later
    #4242 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

I didn't think it was possible, but that is worse than the movie!

hey the movie isn't bad. It's way better than the game that's for sure. Even with correct lighting.

1 week later
    #4269 4 years ago

transformers suffers the same fate. Looks like shit on all of the games and impossible to play, as blue and red are the hardest to see anything in. fawking sucks so bad and every one of those people should get the , "take a bow" robin williams style. (fist the crotch).

If they want to get creative. Use cool white on the blue side and warm white on the red side. There you go. You get the highlight of the color scheme, yet, you are able to still PLAY the game. What a novel concept.

1 week later
    #4290 4 years ago

even with all the lights on in the room you can't see shit.

#4294 4 years ago
    Quoted from Md2020:

Looking at all this crazy GI makes me feel like I’ve been violated. Sexually

i wish. then I might be able to tolerate colored GI's.

1 week later
    #4309 4 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Seller states...… "All high end tastefully color matched led’s and smd’s with color changers. Every single bulb replaced".
    I'm sorry to hear that....[quoted image][quoted image]

actually I think the funhouse doesn't have any colored LED's in any of the GI's. all the color you see are the colored ones used to light up modes and what not.

Stranger things does look like a color shitfest. I thought stern learned their lesson after the Avengers pin?

#4311 4 years ago

I think that's just the shooter lane. Like what williams did with RFM. I didn't have problems seeing the playfield in darker rooms on deadpool. But I couldn't see jack shit on avengers.

#4313 4 years ago

every single one of them has gone too far. That's the whole point of the thread.

#4315 4 years ago

and it's games like this that I think 82% of the worlds population are dumb as shit.

1 week later
    1 week later
    #4352 4 years ago

Hey BUCKO....can't see SHIT! even the cat was trying to sit on the game and fell over blind.

83378948_10162773211455521_5310723354947223552_o (resized).jpg83378948_10162773211455521_5310723354947223552_o (resized).jpg
    #4354 4 years ago

look at his face. it's like he's going into a seizure.

#4360 4 years ago

I made a MEME for everyone to share on threads that do this shit. Spread the word.

batman color LEDs slap (resized).jpgbatman color LEDs slap (resized).jpg
    #4362 4 years ago

i did not. You should post it in this thread so we can be amused.

#4366 4 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

[quoted image]

shit lights for a shit game. Least it fits the quality of the gameplay.

#4369 4 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

[quoted image]

that's actually factory I believe. And it will change to white during gameplay, but also changes colors based on what mode you are in. Making it more difficult to play certain modes, but this is done on purpose to make modes easier and harder due to lighting conditions.

#4373 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Correct, it's clown puking.

yes and stern had their head up their ass just like everyones game that's displayed in this thread.

#4398 4 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I don't have a problem with that (or Total Nuclear Annihilation for that matter). But doing a unnecessary color job on a game that wasn't designed to be lit (puked) is another story.

see, with TNA. it's white most of the time. only changes color for effect. that's different than when you are constantly straining to see.

#4405 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Legit question: Is it possible some people see *better* with a purp’d out playfield? Like some backwards version of color blindness?
    Still no excuse, though. Just curious why (typically) purple vs any other color when mono-puking the GI.

no, purple is the far end of the spectrum. The closer you get to the ends of the spectrum the harder it is for the human eye to see. So extreme reds and purples are the most difficult.

#4413 4 years ago

someone never plays their games. Or are totally color blind.

#4421 4 years ago

who the hell has the time to make all these damn MEMEs?

#4431 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If only we had colored LEDs back in the day.[quoted image]

such a shame. Mystic has such an awesome art package too. Now it's just like someone took a big shit on it.

#4441 4 years ago
    Quoted from MD_Pinball_Dude:

Is this even playable? By humans?

no. most of these arn't, that's the whole point on why lighting games like this is stupid as shit.

#4446 4 years ago

at that point, might as well sand the playfield down and make a whitewood out of it. will look the same and still won't be able to play it.

#4457 4 years ago

I dont' know why stern is trying to do this. There is no way you can play that game like that. If it was a feature to only come on during 1 certain multiball, I could see it happening, because it would be a hard multiball like Tommy mode. But if the game is like that all the time. They are just trying to feed these assclowns more encouragement to pull this crap.

#4464 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It is not like that all of the time, only when in certain modes which in this case is a good effect IMO as it relates to feeling like you are in the Upside Down:
    However, I've not heard from anyone who has experienced it firsthand to give an honest evaluation.

this seems to be ok then as it would be like Green light mode on space station or red mode on atlantis.

#4467 4 years ago

Talk about alien invasion of destruction. This game is already dark to play. There is no fucking way, this is playable in a semi dark to dark room. After posting this pile on FB he quickly turned off commenting.

space invaders (resized).jpgspace invaders (resized).jpgspace invaders2 (resized).jpgspace invaders2 (resized).jpgspace invaders3 (resized).jpgspace invaders3 (resized).jpg
    #4477 4 years ago

or another words, people who don't actually have to play these games. Or play them outside at high noon when GI's are no longer needed.

#4483 4 years ago

Look at this shitfest on Location as well. Whoever puts these out like this should be fired. You expect people to pay money to try and play this crap? I've had to try and play games like this, and it was impossible. We had to have someone hold a phone above the game with flashlight on, so we could see enough to play. Stupid fawkers!

sterns site (resized).jpgsterns site (resized).jpg
    #4491 4 years ago
    Quoted from BlownXstr:

The only illumination for pinball machines that haven't been DESIGNED to use LED's is incandescents. Always has been, always will be. Anything else is crap. Anyone who uses LED's in place of incandescents isn't even worth insulting.

it's not the LED's that's the problem. It's the stupid option to use color in place of white to illuminate your playing surface. 2smb daylights from comet are very close to incandescents, and have great light distribution properties. even games that didn't have enough GI sockets from the factory, are nice and visible. brightens up, normally dark games. Bulbs are great too. LED's do offer great choices in whites, and low heat with less taxing amps on your system. But the key factor is WHITE....only WHITE, nothing but the WHITE for GI's. Did I mention white?

#4499 4 years ago

RZ is hard to see anything in normal white light. I can Imagine how unplayable that one is. Bet it has only 10 plays worth of ball time on it.

#4510 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

BRB. I’m gonna go Trademark “Holy Shit Balls” as a pin theme.

everyone that LED'd a game featured in this thread, already kinda coined it.

1 week later
    #4523 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

This shit show is currently for sale for $6000 here in CA.
    [quoted image]

the HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4527 4 years ago

still not a reasonable price I don't know WTF she's talking about. Game looks like complete shit to boot.

#4532 4 years ago

Here's what every game in this thread is saying to the Pinball artist community!

color LED kick in the crotch (resized).jpgcolor LED kick in the crotch (resized).jpg
    #4537 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Unfortunately, a lot of new folks fall prey to colored GI. They see kits and think that's the thing to do. They see a few posts that pump up rainbow puked games and think, that's what a modernized game looks like these days. FB is notorious for this. Props to Neo for fighting that fight on FB lol.
    Profit margins are also higher on selling kits vs bulbs of one color (ie white). A pack of 100 bulbs will cost you $65 shipped and do most, if not a complete game, vs a kit that is $200+. The vendors know that, so they push it. So to answer your question, its probably a sliding scale of individual preference to what's being marketed.
    Some people genuinely like the color bombed games...

and it's an uphill fight, but I have notice a great reduction in the amount of stupidity displayed on FB since people have been taking shit for it.

1 week later
    #4546 4 years ago

you need to play it in direct sunlight in order to see anything.

On the plus side. he took a lot of shit on facebook about it, and converted it all to white. So he corrected his mistake.

#4548 4 years ago

he claims he fixed it. We will see. He should post the new pics as it will greatly help his sale.

1 week later
    #4565 4 years ago

dracula is another that gets the worst treatment with lighting. Pinbot is also abused hardcore.

#4577 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Here's a winner. That asking price plus shipping tho

that motherfawker!!!!!!!!! how dare he desecrate the awesomeness of Alien Poker. You fold you LOSE.

#4587 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Green algae in the moat.
    I’ll just leave this here..
    [quoted image]

that's factory. I hope people that buy these have the option to turn off the color changing GI bullshit.

1 week later
    #4591 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Hey, that is mine I had just picked it up. The game is in amazing shape, LEDs can be changed. Why don't you mind your own business instead of posting pictures of my games and my home and making snarky comments.

since you are in this thread. You know what an abomination colored GI's are, so i'm sure you will take the effort to change the CV correctly. Least that CV will be saved from the color shitshow that a small % of newbs like to attempt to do.

#4608 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

My friend pointed it out to me I dont come to this thread willingly. While I will agree the purple GI is not what I would have put in it, if there are people who like it and its their game then good for them. I prefer various shades of white GI in most games with some touches of color in the right places. I also however like Pinstadium which I will guess is frowned upon as well.
    At any rate I dont see the point of a thread where you insult other peoples games, easy enough to change them.

if we were never forced to play games like this, it wouldn't be a problem. The problem is, that when this color fad gets out of control. These games show up in leagues and tournaments. And it's very difficult if not impossible to play a game with color GI's. The visible spectrum is more difficult to visualize the farther you get to the edges. So purples and reds are the most difficult to be able to see in that kind of lighting.

Not only that, but those of us that like to be able to see when playing our games, have to convert these back to normal when buying. People that do this have a misguided sense that LED's alone, increase the value of a machine. When in actuality, it hurts their sale, if someone knows they have to spend 4hrs or more swapping out all the LEDs.

#4610 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I agree, there are a million things I see a day that I think are dumb. But I have been raised to keep those comments to myself.
    I mean, should we start a thread about mods that look crappy, or a millions of other things we dont like? No, certainly not.

actually there have been threads about how stupid some mods are. Even 12 years ago, RGP had discussions about how ridiculous mods were getting on TZ. If you do something crazy, like mount a candy bar somewhere in a game, like say BSD. And then show it to the public all proud. You are fishing for opinions. You should not get only positive responses. If you do something that sucks, you should be told so as well. Afterall you came to the public for opinions. Mods are opinionated. LED lighting is a science. There is a right and wrong way to do it.

#4612 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

This is always the biggest load of BS to come out of this thread lol hahahahha. Please... 99% of people dont have a problem playing games with colored GI.

bullfucking shit they don't. It is proven that the human eye can not track or follow things well in monochromatic lighting. Unless your gameroom is lit up like walmart, you can't see shit. Most of us have gamerooms like the 80's. Where you drop a quarter on the ground and you can't see it. monochromatic GI's will make games TOTALLY unplayable in those conditions.

#4614 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Well that is where I disagree. No need to give your opinion on things that you dont like. If that were the case, nobody would ever stop complaining.
    And no, there isnt a right and wrong way to do it. Its purely opinionated.

bullshit again. The world doesn't need yes men everywhere. People will not better themselves if they only filter out the good. That is what trump wants with the media. He wants to filter out only the positive, so you never see or hear the negative. You really want that in the world? If you dont' want the chance of negative opinions, then keep it to yourself, and never show pics of it on the internet.

#4615 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Ummn false. Maybe if you are in a setting where every single light being emitted is of one color, but that is never, ever the case.

have you not looked through this thread. If you have NO white light anywhere. You are screwed from playing the game. Plain and simple.

#4619 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

No, the world doesnt need morons spewing their opinions without regard for others.

again, that's not a world that will ever better itself.

as far as lighting goes. I've have seen first hand....on several occasions, where games had to be yanked out of tournaments and leagues, because they were unplayable due to color GI's. at least 10 people tried to play, and visibility was so bad, because they used all blue or all red or combo of both, that the game could not be played.....FACT! Most of our gamerooms are dark as shit. As you want a dark gameroom because overhead lights cause glare. that's why Arcades in the early 80's were pitch black. With only the games giving the light for the room.

#4621 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Do you enjoy when people make fun of something you created?

No, because we don't try to put square wheels on cars, and then show it to the world being proud that we were doing something different.

#4656 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I guarantee you can see and play my games just fine, also unless the tournament is played with the lights off I doubt it makes a huge difference. Like I said I didn't put all the purple in the CV. When I bought it I thought to my self I will need to change that, but I also didn't go around telling the guy his game looked like crap its a beautiful game and will be even better when I am done with it.
    I will put my collection up against anyones, all of my games are in amazing condition. Work great and have only tasteful mods and LEDS. But the fact is this thread is not a "Public Service" you guys just get a kick out of insulting the admittedly sometimes poorly LEDd games. All good I am guilty of making fun of things too sometimes. That said you can all go ....... yourselves hahaha
    I will also have to find out why my friend reads this thread!

well look at it like this. You have a pitch black gameroom. You have your CV in purple, side by side, with another CV in equal condition, but with all 2SMB daylight white LED's in it. Now you tell everyone. You get 1 game on this machine. Top score wins $2000. You can play either machine .

100% of the people that get to choose, will choose to play the white GI game, because visibility is 1000x's better than trying to play in a monochromatic purple spectrum.

#4666 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Im not trolling.. Just because my opinion differs from yours doesnt mean im trolling.

except not being able to see and play because of monochromatic lighting isn't opinion. It's a science and proven fact. There is extensive tests and studies that show how the human eye can focus and track moving objects in various spectrum conditions. The farther to the edges you get, to the specturm, the more difficult it is for ALL humans to be able to follow and see. FACT.

Using monochromatic lighting to illuminate any kind of artwork. Mutes the entire color pallet, to that color only, and grayscale. Also FACT. You can see it. You don't need a video or a tutorial to show you that. Unless you are super slow. Then you may need a 30 min video pointing this out to you.

#4667 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

lol. Except these conditions are not monochromatic. I could agree that it makes sense to say nothing will let you see a clearly as a white light, but you definitely are exaggerating when you say that you cant see the ball enough to play decently or cant see the ball at all.
    Do you really think that people who change their bulbs to colors do so and have a hard time playing? That would be ridiculous.

absolutely. 100% true, that you cannot or have great difficulty seeing the ball. People that do this, usually don't play pinball that much, or play at any kind of tournament level. I have seen over and over, games removed from leagues and competition because of colored LED's in GI's reducing visibility so greatly, that NOBODY could play it.

#4677 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Well thats not true at all. Plenty of people who play pinball very often change their bulbs. I know several of them. I have one machine where I have changed the GI bulbs and not one person has ever had a problem playing it.
    So not sure what to tell you but from my experiences, all the people buying new JJP with color changing GI's and the like, do not have the problems that you think are true.

there have been a ton of people complaining about WOZ and that you can't see shit on it. the GI's are too dim and the inserts are too bright. It's like trying to take a picture of someone, standing in front of a window at high noon. WOZ has terrible visibility in dark gamerooms.

#4679 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

You do understand that these conditions are not monochromatic?
    Its amazing how the navy seals use night vision goggles without tripping over their own feet! haha

you do realize that night vision googles basically turns everthing into a black and white image right. So all color is gone from everything. This is exactly what putting monochromatic LEDs in your GI's does to your playfield art, and plastics and backglasses. Try playing pinball with night vision googles on, with the fuses pulled for all the lighting and see how well that works out for you. You will have just as difficult time, as you would if some asshole put purple, blue , green or red in your GI's.

#4681 3 years ago

don't worry. WOZ isn't the only offender of some of the worst lighting in a modern game. Stern messed up really bad with Avengers as well. Game is super difficult to see anything on....why? oh...yeah. Colored LED's in the GI's. Who would have guessed.

Why do games like Atlantis and space station have 2 sets of GI's? One in white (while you are playing normally) and another in total red, and total green during multiball? one for effect, and 2, they know that you can't see shit in colored GI's, so it make your multiballs very short and more difficult to play. This is known from the manufacturers. Same reason, some multiballs like to strobe flashers in your eyes during multiballs. Because they know it's difficult to see.

#4690 3 years ago

everyone here, wants to UNSEE every game that's in this thread. Never to be seen or repeated ever again.

#4694 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I think you like the colors

only on the JJP games I own in my collection.

#4705 3 years ago

so much darker and the art has been totally violated.

#4710 3 years ago

least the playfield looks good. and you can play it.

#4716 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Another Xfiles from Facebook that needs investigation.

xfiles is a shitshow even with correct LED's. Talking about making an unplayable game....really unplayable.

#4719 3 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

It has a cool multiball with a lot of potential. It seems like it was unfinished and very minimal. After a few games you'll have a hard time getting the theme song out of your head.

xfiles is the worst DMD ever made, only to be best friends and holding hands with Street fighter 2. Both are tied for last. X-files was the first time I was going to pay for a game in a bar and walk away after ball 2 because I was so bored playing it. Luckily, a bulb came out of it's socket and started rolling around on the field. So I could shoot at the bulb to get it stuck somewhere. That was more fun than the game was.

#4735 3 years ago

it's beautiful colors if it's on your xmas tree. Now take a pinball and drop it down your tree and try to follow it in a dark room. Good luck with that. GI have a very very important function in a pinball machine. To make it so you can see. Colored LED's stop this function and greatly hinder it. The best example is like putting square wheels on a car. You might like how it looks, but now it doesn't really work anymore.

#4754 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Lol, maybe to you, but most people arent havent a problem seeing things.

Yeah right. That's why games had to be pulled from tournaments and leagues because NOBODY could see with the shit ass lighting job someone did. And I mean nobody. It's been proven many times. Unless you have some kind of super human vision, that can see out of the boundaries of the spectrum, you are either ignorant, or a liar.

#4757 3 years ago

if it was just opinion that would be one thing. Like people who change the armor on the cabinets, or T molding on arcade trim. that's opinions.

But this isn't opinion based. When you are taking a physical aspect of something that has a specific purpose to work a certain way and accomplish a task, that is functional. functional lighting is a science. if you do it wrong, it makes things difficult for the user. You ever have a DVD player or cable box with LED display on it? Some put blue or purple LED displays in those units. The lighting was so hard to focus you could never read the clock. Had horrible bursting and bleed over, due to where that color landed on the physical spectrum. Instantly deeming that piece of electronics " a total piece of shit". because it couldn't function for it's intended purpose due to LED lighting. Same holds true for pinball. Lighting has just as important of function as the flippers do. If you can't see, it's just as fun as a game that the flippers do not work on. both are unplayable.

#4760 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

After looking at a lot of these eyesores I am thankful for one thing... I've never actually seen a pinball lit up like that in person.

even when you do "see" one. You really can't "see" anything anyway, so you don't have to worry about playing one, because they are unplayable. Unless its' on display at walmart and the overhead lights can burn ants with a magnifying glass.

#4762 3 years ago

we had a TMNT all in green over in madison area. It was such a shitshow and a dark bowling alley. We had to hold our phones above it to be able to see the playfield enough to play it. It was a 2 person project. One to hold the phone with flashlight on over the game, while the other one played. Pathetic. Especially on route. you want people to pay money for this shit, make sure they can actually play it.

#4767 3 years ago
    Quoted from zene10:

Color GI? METLE rocks. Redshift’s kit for the pro is fun.
    Interactive GI is great.

interactive GI isn't so bad, because it only changes for modes and stuff. Then goes back to white. Games that change the color on purpose during certain events to make it more difficult to see, is ok, because it's done on purpose. For effects and to hinder your vision. but most of the time, the GI's are white during these events. The problem is the games where it's a shitshow from the moment you power on, till you turn it off (which is usually very shortly after turning it on).

#4777 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

So I picked up a Taxi that was in rough shape, playfield beat to hell up top, missing topper AND it had been puked on with blue led for most of the GI. It has been saved and depuked. Wonder how much value doing just this has added. I still need to do the cabinet as it’s in pretty poor shape but that is later. Before and after.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

damn good job. That was like saving a puppy that had abusive owners. You did a good deed here. Kudos to you.

#4786 3 years ago

Someone made lionman cry.

sof shit (resized).jpgsof shit (resized).jpg
    #4798 3 years ago

I tell them the same thing I tell everyone on pinside and facebook. OMG! how the hell do you see anything on there? Looks terrible! You really should change those over to White LED's. and then go into an extensive sales pitch about comets 2smd daylights and how they are the next best thing since sliced bread. Incandescents are great too. But the LED's throw more light. Well 2smd's do. The old school LED's used to look like shit. Even in white.

#4805 3 years ago

yup, tastefully done. Not specifying if it's a good taste or not.

lED puke (resized).jpglED puke (resized).jpg
    #4811 3 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Someone bumped a two year old thread and this gem was in it. Although, I think the dolls on top are more of an abomination then the color puke.
    [quoted image]

but the topper doesn't effect gameplay. You can still play a game regardless on how much shit is piled on top of the head. Just like you can play a game regardless on what color the armor is, or ground effect lighting. But you cannot however. Play a game with all colored LEDs' without room lighting.

#4818 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

lol sure you can, and many do!

no, no they don't. If you insist you can see the ball normal in a dark room with colored GI's, then you are a straight up liar.

#4819 3 years ago
    Quoted from koji:

What the Ferengi is going on with all these TNGs. Even Sopranos seems nuts to me, but I guess after playing TNG, the pupils are so tiny, the other one seems dim?
    [quoted image]

nothing wrong with sopranos. it's how every game should look. It just looks extra bright because it's next to a game that practically has black lights for GI's.

#4828 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Oh really? Then explain this guy setting an extremely impressive score on TWD? Its a dark room and red GIs..
    What about all the people playing JJP games with color changing GIs?

if you notice, the GI's are white most of the time. The red is used for effect or for modes where they are designed to make it so you can't see. Interactive LED's are doing either for temp effects, like to tell you, that you are entering a mode, or if they stay on during the entire mode, they are there to make it so you can't see, to make the mode or multiball harder. Like Atlantis condition red, or space station condition green. They are done intentionally, because the designers know, you can't see shit during this effect.

#4831 3 years ago

not excuses, just facts. When you color puke, you don't have any facts to stand on. You cannot justify the hard cold fact, that you cannot see very well or be able to focus on the ball in color lighting conditions. Science can back that up on many levels. It's like science verses religion. Science can prove everything. religion..not so much. You are not going to be be able to win this argument, because facts and science prove otherwise.

#4833 3 years ago

well it does. we had an F14 in league recently in blues and reds. NOBODY, and I mean nobody could see anything. Every single person said they cannot see good enough to play it. Nobody got over 200k. It was laughable how unplayable it was. I've seen it before at MGC as well. time and time again. Purple STTNGs, blue BSD's, Green LOTR's. every person turns away after ball 2 and says they can't see anything.

#4836 3 years ago

not only does it make your machine unplayable. But it's a big fawk you to every single pinball artist, that created the art for your backboxes and playfields. You shit all over their creation. Total disregard.

#4846 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Lol, what are you talking about? Its just a matter of opinion if people want colored bulbs or not. Doesnt affect anyone else.

that is true, as long as you don't have people over, take your game to shows, or try to sell it looking like that. Basically if it hides in your gameroom and nobody knows it exists. it's ok.

#4847 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Unplayable lol hahahahah! yea tell that to the guy in the TWD video posted who got an unbelievable score.
    And who cares about that. So what? What is it to you? Again, its just a matter of opinion.

watch the video again. The GI's are white most of the time. This is no different than an AC/DC premium. yes the GI's change color for certain effects and modes, but stays white 90% of the time.

#4858 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

And yet, you keep coming back for more. You aren't the first, and you definitely won't be the last to crusade against this thread. In the end, however, like all of those before you and all of those to come, you will not prevail. At some point, you may even be assimilated (as was I) - resistance is futile.

well they really don't have an argument as we have facts and science to back us on why you should not do this in your games.

#4874 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I need to go read the rules again, a "Broken Record" offense seems like a funny reason to get suspended (even if it is a nuisance).
    I don't really understand his point, however. It is not okay for those in this thread to express their opinions on why color GI is rainbow puke, but it is okay for him to express his opinion that it is not? So, if he were to start a thread titled "Lovers of Rainbow GI Club" and posts of why white GI is terrible for games, then someone started a string of counter opinion justifying white GI in the thread then he would be okay with that?

I thought someone tried starting a thread like that, but the 2 guys in it, couldn't keep it on the top of the forums enough to stay afloat.

#4876 3 years ago

I don't mind him. It's like arguing with a Flat Earther. They really try to convince you, but we have fact and science to back up the logic. They have nothing to support their claim. So it's just laughable at this point.

#4889 3 years ago

black hole is damn near impossible to see, even in white. You might as well just take the GI's out at this point.

#4899 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I also see a potential copyright issue color matching against thehuemanatee’s original avatar!
    Not cool! Not - cool.

least he has his toilet paper ready for that shitshow of a game.

#4913 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

At least 1 game In anyone’s collection should be Doom and Gloom. Mines on Firepower 2. The playingfield is trashed, and no one notices.....might have over did it. The fun of it is , that it can be changed!
    [quoted image]

looks like the rest of the GI's are burnt out. Only ones that seem to be working is the slings.

#4926 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

It's not rocky and bullwinkle, it's simply red and blue
    [quoted image]

Hey rocky...watch me pull a turd out of this game.

#4928 3 years ago

pinstadiums should not even offer colors. They should come in white and white only. Just have an adjustment to adjust the brightness. Don't give people the option to be stupid.

#4930 3 years ago

I can't really say anything about wild armor colors. powdercoat doesn't effect gameplay. Least you can still use the game with those kind of mods. Sure, some clash like the titans. But i'd take some hideous armor choices, over someone doing GI's in blue, red, purple, green, orange.

Unless it's SF2 or Xfiles. then it's a GIFT if someone makes it so you can't see or play the game.

#4938 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not an either/or

both are great starting points for talking down games on price. More stupid shit someone does to a game, the more you shoot for a lower price.

#4956 3 years ago
    Quoted from CPanther95:

I'm new to the forum, but I can't believe there's 99 pages of bickering back and forth about a subject that is just a matter of personal opinion. I can't even imagine how long this thread would be if it covered a topic that had more than one valid personal opinion.

actually it's not about opinion. When it comes to GI lighting, there is a very important function to it, that is just as important as having strong playing flippers. If you cannot see, you cannot play. FACT: the human eye has difficulty tracking and focusing, in single colored lighting. (aka Monochromatic). therefore, you pull some bullshit like you see in this thread. if your gameroom is almost pitch black like 90% of the gamerooms out there, you will have great difficulty, if not impossible time trying to see and play.

#4972 3 years ago

this to me, seems like someone ran out of white LED's and had to make due with what they had. It's such a weird setup, where the rest looks as it should.

#4981 3 years ago

he has blue and purple in the top, and white in the slings and inlanes.

#4985 3 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

Are you saying the carpet doesn't match the drapes?

i guess, but usually I prefer carpetless, so I usually don't know.

#5002 3 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Is any one else tempted to take all the bulbs that they have pulled out of games over the years and just color-bomb the shit out of a game and post it here? Just me?

the problem is, that even if you tried to make a game look worse than some of the ones on here. You couldn't. Even when you are trying to make it look terrible on purpose. that's how shitty most of these are.

1 week later
    #5072 3 years ago

that dude should have the mask over his eyes. It would be the same damn experience.

#5098 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

See the similarity between them? I know I do.

why the hell would anyone shit all over that art package? They need to get out of pinball now.

#5106 3 years ago

FLLLLLLLLLLLLLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (MY EYES!!!!)

#5120 3 years ago

can't see shit at the party either. That's exactly how it looks to try and play those games.

#5126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Maybe to you, but not to everyone else. You must be bumping into the walls at a nightclub lol

you should have a special show about you, since you apparently have super human visual powers.

#5131 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I guess so! Me and all the others who are not affected by these things...

must be just you then, because nobody here could see shit in those conditions or conditions that are similar.

#5134 3 years ago

Seems like the GI's are white. I don't know where the color is coming from. The BG must be so bright, that it's color bombing the playfield. I don't know why people think they have to put lights in every BB socket. It's so bright the glare is overpowering. Every game I have, I don't have more than 7 bulbs in any backbox. It's more than enough to light the backbox. Cuts the intensity down by at least 84%, and cuts the glare down drastically.

#5141 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Well its not just me. Obviously the people who change the bulbs dont have the issues people here seem to have.
    I find it hard to believe people would change the bulbs and leave them if they had a hard time playing the machines.

Most don't play their games, or have them in gamerooms lit up like K-mart.

#5152 3 years ago

nobody can say, you can see fine on a game like that. Look at it. There is no way you can follow a reflective ball around on that. None. Unless you are wearing a miners helmet, or major lighting overhead. Trying to play, with the games lighting. Impossible.

1 week later
    #5210 3 years ago
    Quoted from lhsette:

My god that Circus is criminal!
    I want to thank you all. This thread has been very educational. I have always been a purist with my machines, not adding any mods, or LEDs, but I recently purchased a machine which NEEDED a new translite, and case art. I figured I would try some LEDs on it since I will already be venturing from its original form. I was not even considering color LEDs, but now I most definitely would never consider them!

we try to educate the world. LEDS can be great. But for GI's, you can ONLY go white. the 2 SMD's from comet, with frosted daylight, make every game look natural, improve visibility even over regular bulbs. Every EM, early SS and DMD i have, have them (well almost, some I didn't get to yet). They are fantastic. Cool white, looks great with futuristic titles, space titles, and games with blue or green color pallets.

#5231 3 years ago

Gifs are great. See, this is an informative thread. many people benefit from viewing this thread.

#5240 3 years ago

that's the motorcross xmas spectacular version.

#5245 3 years ago

least the playboy you can see and play. All of this other shit with colored LED's in it, is unplayable. I'd take that playboy over anything else in this thread.

#5247 3 years ago

I think it's the camera fucking with it. There isn't an LED out there that is ultra super bright like that. Unless they are running 12V on the 6v line.

1 week later
    #5268 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Only $4950 (Firm) for this Hurlicane!

notice how he has a whole string of room lighting going across it, just to make it so you can see the damn game. I see 6 75W bulbs in the reflection of that game. He knows you can't see shit if you don't have the sun above you.

#5270 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Maybe those bulbs are included in that $4950?

well they are going to have to be, if you want to be able to play it.

1 week later
    #5301 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

This one is for sale in the market place. killer deal on it. he is having a huge discount on it this week only.

he's going to have to discount it heavy if he wants to sell it. if he would have LED'd it correctly, it probably would have sold already.

#5306 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Quoted as winning a best in show for using blue LED for water effects
    Worked... feeling seasick
    [quoted image]

best in show, but not playable game. I didn't know they had a category for best unplayable game .
    If it's so good, they should have put it their tournament. Then see some complaining.

#5313 3 years ago
    Quoted from koji:

Theatre of led.
    Do you ever get the feeling, that maybe you've just seen it all in this group?
    [quoted image]

we have seen it all, both in this thread and in person. Hence why we are so determined to eliminate it. Too many have had to suffer from people that do this shit, in leagues, tournaments, purchased games. Needs to end. If they want to do it. Then keep the game hidden so nobody knows what you did. Like the embarrassment it is.

#5329 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Freakin' nice games.. puked out in a puke room.. museums can puke, too![quoted image][quoted image]

better to puke the room than the games. Least the games are still playable.

#5336 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I can't say anything bad about Tron, it's my Grail lately! Lol

then it should piss you off even worse. I hate seeing some of favorite games shit all over like this. Especially games with awesome art packages like Maiden.

#5342 3 years ago

least the playfield looks like it's done right. THat game is so damn dark, that you cannot use anything but white on the playfield, no matter what. Even then it's damn hard to see.

#5359 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Would be nice if turned into a Pinball machine...
    Wow ....[quoted image]

what an abomination. Megatron would be puking.

1 week later
    #5393 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/108#post-5843909
    Going back to that post, it's so soothing to see a great game just the way it's supposed to be...
    [quoted image]

this is a rare treat to see a STTNG that isn't shit all over.

#5402 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

You know it's bad when the best part is the fluorescent bulb in the translite.

well in all fairness. NOT being able to play X-files is actually the advantage here. This is the only game i'd say it's ok to puke out, because nobody wants to play it anyway.

#5403 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Here’s my old one which is LEDd correctly.

That looks great. IF, i was ever inclined to play x-files ever again, it would be that one.

#5406 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Thanks! It’s always fun seeing the difference after replacing everything with white. It’s so much easier than figuring out which blinding colors to put where.

After owning it for a while, I’d have to agree. I wanted to like it SO much because I am a huge fan of the show, but it was a pretty big disappointment. What really got me were the callouts (or lack there of). They made literally no sense. When you start multiball, the callout is “I’m special agent Mulder with the FBI”. Like, why?

yes the show was great. The pin is one of the worst. Just like street fighter 2. One of the best arcades around. The pin is beyond horrible.

1 week later
    2 weeks later
    #5476 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Yes, I know its not GI, but still...I couldn't hold back
    [quoted image]

shag baby....shag.

#5477 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It's themed based, lol[quoted image]

Don't you mean, the Shit zone, abomination frontier, and blind region?

#5496 3 years ago

it's the white knight coming to save all the crappy colored LED jobs.

#5502 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Yet another POTC that had been brutalized ... now I get why pirates wear eye patches....

eye patches over both eyes

#5521 3 years ago

I should use these pictures for examples when people, (TRY) and say they can see fine with colored LED's. Really? There isn't a fawking person on the planet that can see the ball on that piece of shit.

#5527 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

If your eyes need some soothing....
    This is a Rollergames which I just recently finished. Everything is Sunlight from Comet which I HIGHLY recommend. Just the perfect in between for warm and cool. In fact, I can't rave enough about Comet. Their service, selection of products, and quality of their products never ceases to amaze me.

looks fantastic. I just ordered another 1000 Comet 2 smd Sunlights. Ran out. It's nice when you only have to buy 2 different types. 2SMD white sunlight in 47 style and 555. Order DONE!

#5530 3 years ago

the mods arn't so bad because they don't have a great importance like GI's do. GI's have a very very important function that you can't fawk with or you can't play

#5541 3 years ago

alec isn't on the playfield though. But it does stop people from being able to play it, so on the plus side, you wont' get sanctum wear.

#5548 3 years ago

I use comet sunlight in every EM and early SS. They are perfect.

#5562 3 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

well< i guess it really fits the name of the game now. I'd be Tee'd off too if I had to TRY and play that.

#5567 3 years ago

Try to look at this one just posted to FB. With the header.

"Beautiful Comet pinball all Leds , no batteries on board ,2 new ramps , new hard top
    Plays perfect , back glass faded and some art scratches on side is only cosmetic issue but plays flawless and looks great"

Are you fawking serious right now?

123259677_3717419668318534_6719709128676202661_n (resized).jpg123259677_3717419668318534_6719709128676202661_n (resized).jpg123272372_3717419608318540_7582738129428277000_n (resized).jpg123272372_3717419608318540_7582738129428277000_n (resized).jpg123318555_3717419761651858_5124886112345173115_n (resized).jpg123318555_3717419761651858_5124886112345173115_n (resized).jpg123324256_3717419718318529_5833058720124141956_n (resized).jpg123324256_3717419718318529_5833058720124141956_n (resized).jpg
    #5574 3 years ago

least the playfield is playable on the cubs one. That's 90% of it. Just don't look up.

#5577 3 years ago

least it's white 90% of the time. That blue stays on a little long. By the time you can see again, the ball is almost on the flipper. Effects I dont' mind, as long as the shit can be white most of the time.

#5580 3 years ago

yes, reminds me of fawking DE flashing the GI's during events and you can't see shit. That's one thing that DE pisses me off on.

#5592 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Hurry...hurry...get your shit kit here. Amazing that ad sold 12 already.
    [quoted image]

their Ebay account should be taken away.

#5613 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Had to rescue this Baywatch I got on the weekend. Had a mixture of blue and yellow LEDs and incandescent globes. Not horrendous but you couldn’t see much. Especially the top lanes and the feed to the side ramp.

She's a beauty clark. Great work.

she's a beaut clark (resized).jpgshe's a beaut clark (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #5641 3 years ago

HRC looks like complete ass as well. This would be a place I would not allow hosting for league.

1 week later
    #5663 3 years ago

maybe comet should only have a sale on the whites. Problem solved.

#5668 3 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

JUNK...... yard.
    [quoted image]

yes, i saw that one on facebook. I gave him the business.

#5678 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What I think you guys meant to call this one is, “The X-crement Files”

Every Xfiles should be called the X-crement files.

#5680 3 years ago

that is true. NOT being able to play that game is kind of a treat.

#5695 3 years ago

damn it, I ran over here to post that shit scorpion and here it is. You guys are fast.

#5698 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm on a 30 day time out and was really sad I couldn't comment about that Scorpion on facebook. Luckily I still have you guys

yes, some puss gave me a time out on one of the pinball forums too. If you can't handle the comments, then quit making your games look like shit, and then trying to pass that shit off on other people for money.

#5701 3 years ago

I have notice a great reduction in the number of shitfest games though over the past year or 2. Facebook used to be filled with like 80% of this bullshit. Now it's greatly reduced. So making people aware has been making a difference. Have to keep this shit contained, so it doesn't bleed over into leagues and tournament games.

1 week later
    #5730 3 years ago

Here is a Jurassic Failure just posted for sale on facebook.

131440751_3426699774052596_8382235940917036816_o (resized).jpg131440751_3426699774052596_8382235940917036816_o (resized).jpg131651977_3426699850719255_1921127183678528796_o (resized).jpg131651977_3426699850719255_1921127183678528796_o (resized).jpg
    #5737 3 years ago

It would feel like you had chlorine poured in your eyes to try and see on that game.

#5743 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Double whammy for Neo since we know how much he loves FT to begin with....

yes, some games are a gift not to be able to play.

#5763 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

, how can one even play pinball?

that question can be asked for nearly every game in this thread.

#5788 3 years ago

i cannot comment on the pinball for sale on facebook again for a week, because the admin is a big puss and can't handle people telling people when their games are unplayable pieces of shit and should never be put up for sale looking like that. So you guys are going to have to pick up the slack for me.

#5792 3 years ago
    Quoted from dtrimberger:

I have serious love/hate with this topic.
    Love because the comments are amazing and hilarious
    Hate because I'm a sucker for lighting and am pretty sure my Star Trek is a 5 Star Puke contender (I searched the topic pics and don't think I've been called out on here yet, no way I'm letting you folks have at it).
    Uhhhh, inject those LEDs into my veins.....

well if you are going to show it, this is the place to do it. Might as well do it yourself before someone else does

#5812 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I hate rainbow puke, but I have a black hole thats pretty much all colored LED's and I won't change it. I love it. I can see the ball just fine and so can everyone else. I've had my ass chewed over it before and I just DGAF. Its awesome, and its the only acceptable rainbow puke (tbf its pretty much all blue, not rainbow) thats ever been created.

I don't know how. Even in white black hole is damn hard to see anything. If you do any color on that game it's impossible to see. Many like to blue that game out and it's completely unplayable. You must have a spot light hovering over the playfield at the ready.

#5857 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Escape from the barf world

when I bought my EFTLW , it looked similar to this. I couldn't see shit. It was unplayable. Took me 4 1/2 hours to change out the GI's in this game.

#5863 3 years ago

it's complete bullshit that there is even a choose your color box. WTF is the point of having it, if you can pick a color?

#5872 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just completed surgery on this Twilight Zone. So much better. The middle picture shows the bulbs I pulled out of this. There were over 15... THATS 15, color changing bulbs in this. There were pink, yellow, green, and purple flashers. The inserts were lit with a random assortment of colors... including pink! WTF were they thinking!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

another one saved from idiocrasy.

1 week later
    #5877 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

For reference here's the Big Guns I just completed. All the GI and translite is 1 SMD frosted warm white from Cointaker. Inserts are color matched 2 SMD. You can actually see all the artwork, and it looks fantastic! Whoever had the idea to mask certain parts of the translite so that they don't light up was a genius.
    [quoted image]
    There is one exception. I added red and orange bulbs to the translite cannons since those are controlled lights and only light up every so often. I think it makes the animations of the them firing stand out a bit more and it looks more like an actual explosion, and they don't ruin the artwork since they only light up temporarily.

just for the record for those that come on here and don't understand the difference between a controlled light and a GI (aka General Illumination). If the game can control them individually, they are not a GI. So in this case, the sockets he has red and orange in, are not GI sockets. They would be the same as putting colored LED behind an insert. Which is acceptable since it doesn't hinder vision. Hence why Color is such a big NO NO for a GI socket.

1 week later
    #5915 3 years ago

he has to have that deer shining apron line in there because of color puking. only way he can still see anything.

#5949 3 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

I know a pic was posted above but I thought I’d pull all the photos for this “Mousing Around” for full affect.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have to say. The cabinet looks better than the playfield at this point.

642 posts in this topic match your search for posts by captainneo. You are on page 2 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/2?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.