(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,211 posts
  • 285 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Bryan_Kelly
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 170 votes
      56%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 42 votes
      14%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 92 votes
      30%

(304 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,040 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giphy (resized).png
    shitbusters (resized).jpg
    shit park (resized).jpg
    vandamme.gif
    744806EF-DFE7-4175-85A3-2F8EC324C6EB (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1573330701664 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1573330699423 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191107-062419 (resized).png
    2019-led-neon-ba-sign-ip-66-led-digital-tube-led-dmx-tube-color-color-changing-led-tubes-colour-changing-led-tube-lights (resized).jpg
    48-T8-4-COLORED-Tube-Guard-Fluorescent-Plastic (resized).jpg
    ten2or (resized).png
    F973E105-579A-40FB-BDDC-188A2369F9C4 (resized).jpeg
    blouses.gif
    yT5yerJ.gif
    prince-symbol-elmas-polat-basoglu (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png

There are 4211 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 85.
    #1301 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Stop. Moralizing. And. Pontificating. To. Other. Adults. Over. Nothing.

Thats LITERALLY what this thread is lol.

#1302 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

You know, just three words can set you free.
    Focus. On. Yourself.

Please, explain to me how I'm supposed to "Focus. On. Yourself." when I show up to a league night or tournament and I have to play one of these colour bombed disasters?

To be clear, I don't care how awful (and most are) these clown puke games look. It's when I can't even properly track the ball it becomes an issue.

#1303 1 year ago
    Quoted from RJW:

Please, explain to me how I'm supposed to "Focus. On. Yourself." when I show up to a league night or tournament and I have to play one of these colour bombed disasters?
    To be clear, I don't care how awful (and most are) these clown puke games look. It's when I can't even properly track the ball it becomes an issue.

I would hope that in a league or tournament you would have enough ambient room lighting to see the ball well. If you don't - that's probably something that should be taken up with the league organizer(s).

#1304 1 year ago

This thread should be more about clown puke and less about admonishing people for not liking clown puke.

#1305 1 year ago
    Quoted from statictrance:

From a 'hey it's clown puke but doesn't make any damn sense' perspective... Here's a swords of fury I picked up a few months back at a deep discount. All Backbox GI was changed to purple. The camera doesn't do it justice, but it looked ridiculous. They also used all regular LEDs in the inserts. fun times.
    Long story - but sadly this is directly from a famous (infamous?) local pinball repair shop like this. On top of the LED job, the drop targets started to go after a week of home play. Still a great deal for the price I got on it, but eesh.

key words here are. DEEP DISCOUNT.

This thread is to teach. to help people have a better understanding on making their games "show" better and help them sell their games quicker. Many of the games in this thread are FS threads on the FB forums. And they sit, and sit and sit. Threads like this, explain to them, it's their choices.

#1306 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Thats LITERALLY what this thread is lol.

There is a time for being polite and a time for being honest.

A thread titled "No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)" is going to have honesty in it.

Too much for your fancy perhaps? There is a cure for that problem.

#1307 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

key words here are. DEEP DISCOUNT.
    This thread is to teach. to help people have a better understanding on making their games "show" better and help them sell their games quicker. Many of the games in this thread are FS threads on the FB forums. And they sit, and sit and sit. Threads like this, explain to them, it's their choices.

I think a lot of the color bomb fans are going to eventually sour on it and end up using white GI lights closer to the original.

Color bombing is a very dramatic "fashion statement" and such things have a history of growing tiresome and passe'.

What are the odds of the bright red atlantis girls making it through the next 5 years without the lights beign swapped back to white?

And just from a practical standpoint, some of the color bombing is distracting to game play.

#1308 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

There is a time for being polite and a time for being honest.
    A thread titled "No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)" is going to have honesty in it.
    Too much for your fancy perhaps? There is a cure for that problem.

I completely agree. Because honestly, watching middle aged men cry about light bulbs is comedy gold!

#1309 1 year ago

I completely agree. Because honestly, watching middle aged men cry about light bulbs is comedy gold!

Ha here we have the standard internet middle age man crying aboot the middle age men crying aboot something.

#1310 1 year ago

I think you have your accusations backwards. We've shown some pics and said, "this looks terrible." Then we've had a flood of apologists come in and cry about our opinions. Then somehow when we've doubled down on our "this looks terrible" statement, they've accused us of crying about bulbs after they've ran to mods and even Robin himself. I mean, what? If you're going to do something stupid to your game, and if you're going to "show off" that stupid decision, you shouldn't be all that surprised when someone calls it out.

#1311 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha here we have the standard internet middle age man crying aboot the middle age men crying aboot something.

Dont confuse pointing and laughing with crying...This thread is popcorn worthy!

#1312 1 year ago

Okay, guy, we get the idea after it's been carped and carped and carped a hundred times.

Anyone who makes a negative comment about a game glowing bright purple is a bad person.

Except you. When you drop by to troll this thread and criticize people, it's because you're a beautiful person with a wonderfully full life.

Thanks for that help.

#1313 1 year ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I think you have your accusations backwards. We've shown some pics and said, "this looks terrible." Then we've had a flood of apologists come in and cry about our opinions.

Dont confuse pointing and laughing with crying...This thread is popcorn worthy!

I mean we are LITERALLY the ones laughing and pointing in this situation.

#1314 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Okay, guy, we get the idea after it's been carped and carped and carped a hundred times.
    Anyone who makes a negative comment about a game glowing bright purple is a bad person.
    Except you. When you drop by to troll this thread and criticize people, it's because you're a beautiful person with a wonderfully full life.
    Thanks for that help.

Criticize? Oh no friend, you've gotten it all wrong. You're bringing laughter to dozens, maybe hundreds of pinheads! I applaud all of you for your honesty and bravery!

#1315 1 year ago

Man, I am going to have to get one of these to shine down on my playfield. Just to make it more challenging!

8in1-elf-light-christmas-outdoor-landscape (resized).jpg

#1316 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Man, I am going to have to get one of these to shine down on my playfield. Just to make it more challenging!

Don't waste your money. You can just get the cheap light bulbs that rotate from China. I got a case of them back when they were real cheap. We use them in my friends bars. You might get a couple of duds per case that burn out in a couple of weeks, but when cheap enough who cares.

amazon.com link »

#1317 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

so every game is a ST LE.

#1318 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so every game is a ST LE.

YEah that's pretty weak on STLE

#1319 1 year ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Don't waste your money. You can just get the cheap light bulbs that rotate from China. I got a case of them back when they were real cheap. We use them in my friends bars. You might get a couple of duds per case that burn out in a couple of weeks, but when cheap enough who cares.
    amazon.com link »

It was a joke. I can't stand them shining on houses either.

#1320 1 year ago

Criticize? Oh no friend, you've gotten it all wrong. You're bringing laughter to dozens, maybe hundreds of pinheads! I applaud all of you for your honesty and bravery!

There's no bravery involved in writing anything anonymously on the internet. You might make a note of that.

There is dislike for clown puke being expressed in this thread, mostly because it's genuinely awful.

Which has caused some people to become offended and troll the thread. Such as you.

That's what happens when people get used to getting a trophy for being in 11th place.

A little honest feedback is seen as a stinging slap to the face.

You are the second or third guy who tried to convince me that you're busting a gut with laughter over this thread.

I guess that's supposed to be some sort of mighty burn. It would be if I was a 12 year old girl.

#1321 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

There's no bravery involved in writing anything anonymously on the internet. You might make a note of that.
    There is dislike for clown puke being expressed in this thread, mostly because it's genuinely awful.
    Which has caused some people to become offended and troll the thread. Such as you.
    That's what happens when people get used to getting a trophy for being in 11th place.
    You are the second or third guy who tried to convince me that you're busting a gut with laughter over this thread.
    I guess that's supposed to be some sort of mighty burn. It would be if I was a 12 year old girl.

I'm sorry you've been triggered by lights AND people pointing at you.

Deep breaths and safe space my man.

FWIW, the LEDs in this thread are horrific. Not a fan.

Here you go...

pasted_image (resized).png

#1322 1 year ago

This thread needs less arguing and more terrible pics.

anold (resized).jpg

#1323 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Now that is impressive.

#1324 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

LOL. this is just downright hilarious. Someone had to do this on purpose as a joke, because there is no way someone did this and thought it was good.

#1325 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

LOL. this is just downright hilarious. Someone had to do this on purpose as a joke, because there is no way someone did this and thought it was good.

Oh, if that were only true.............................
    ebay.com link » Last Action Hero Complete Led Lighting Kit Super Bright Led Lah

#1326 1 year ago

well at $156, it's priced about what it needs to be when it looks this shitty.

oh wait...that just for the LED's? I thought it was for the whole game. Whoever is selling this kit...if you know them, please give them a swift punch in the crotch. From each and every person they know in the pinball community. If you see him at a show. Please give a "take a bow" tap to the crotch as well.

#1327 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Oh, if that were only true.............................
    ebay.com link » Last Action Hero Complete Led Lighting Kit Super Bright Led Lah

They use Comic Sans for their listing description text. I'm not even mildly surprised.

#1328 1 year ago

More like Operation Blunder, amirite?!

dang (resized).jpg

#1329 1 year ago

Phew, the last couple have been real Hall of Famers.

#1330 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well at $156, it's priced about what it needs to be when it looks this shitty.
    oh wait...that just for the LED's? I thought it was for the whole game.

LOVE the disclaimer in the auction description!

"Safety Warning: Super Bright Quad 4LED bulbs are exactly that, Super Bright, please do not look directly into the light without eye protection, or under playfield plastics, or behind the backglass. LED does not mean safer for the eyes. It does mean much brighter lights, far less energy consumption and far less heat inside the pinball machines."

Good thing you never need to look at a playfield when you are playing pinball. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about someone who would do this, I don't know what would.

#1331 1 year ago

Wow, I just went to the ebay listings. This menace is responsible for a lot of the worst pictures in this thread.

I say we come up with a plan to call these people out IRL. Start with the shows. Whenever you go to a show bring a 1st-place Clown Puke multi colored ribbon. Let the owner see you and your friends taking pictures with their machine laughing.

I know we are supposed to pick on the game and not the owner. But the games are not doing this to themselves. And this person is on ebay not Pinside.

#1332 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

You really aren't anonymous just because you are hiding behind your computer screen. People can find you if they really want to bad enough. Thats why it's good practice to not say anything online that you wouldn't say to someone's face. The internet isn't as safe as some people may think.

#1333 1 year ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Wow, I just went to the ebay listings. This menace is responsible for a lot of the worst pictures in this thread.
    I say we come up with a plan to call these people out IRL. Start with the shows. Whenever you go to a show bring a 1st-place Clown Puke multi colored ribbon. Let the owner see you and your friends taking pictures with their machine laughing.
    I know we are supposed to pick on the game and not the owner. But the games are not doing this to themselves. And this person is on ebay not Pinside.

honest question...how old are ya?

#1334 1 year ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

LOVE the disclaimer in the auction description!
    "Safety Warning: Super Bright Quad 4LED bulbs are exactly that, Super Bright, please do not look directly into the light without eye protection, or under playfield plastics, or behind the backglass. LED does not mean safer for the eyes. It does mean much brighter lights, far less energy consumption and far less heat inside the pinball machines."
    Good thing you never need to look at a playfield when you are playing pinball. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about someone who would do this, I don't know what would.

WTF

WOW

This is crazy. How did this ever get started?

#1335 1 year ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I don't think that's a good idea.

I think the hobby of pin collecting would benefit if the subject of color bombing had less politeness and more honest discussion.

This thread is a good thing, people can view the pictures and decide for themselves if they think color bombing is good or evil.

But to attack people, especially in person, is a bad tactic. An argument based on malice is never persuasive, and it's counter productive.

#1336 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

WOW

nice pics

some of these games are unreal, they look perfectly awful.

#1337 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

I don't think that's a good idea.
    I think the hobby of pin collecting would benefit if the subject of color bombing had less politeness and more honest discussion.
    This thread is a good thing, people can view the pictures and decide for themselves if they think color bombing is good or evil.
    But to attack people, especially in person, is a bad tactic. An argument based on malice is never persuasive, and it's counter productive.

Wait...Are you actually trying to change peoples opinions on whether they should like LEDS in their pins or not?

I totally misunderstood. I thought the thread was just for a good laugh (for a multitude of reasons its turning out).

Anyway, good luck with it. I'm going to go start an honest thread about why brussel sprouts taste bad (even if they taste good to someone else they're clearly wrong).

#1338 1 year ago

One of my "new" friends that comes over for my monthly pinball meets. The HH and TAF backglass don't look to bad but the rest????

24177211_10209607186371351_8402877586806114049_n (resized).jpg

#1340 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

One of my "new" friends that comes over for my monthly pinball meets. The HH and TAF backglass don't look to bad but the rest????

In a haunted house it's usually dark and hard to see.

Great theme integration!

#1341 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Seems like it would be impossible to see the ball in a dark room with those games.

#1342 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Seems like it would be impossible to see the ball in a dark room with those games.

Ball! What ball????

#1343 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

honest question...how old are ya?

54, why what's your issue? It is a joke. Lighten up Francis. Although at Pintastic I did put up pictures of beelzeboob around the show on "Not Wanted" posters. Picking on people is part of comradely, too many snowflakes these days.

When you get older two thing might happen to you. The lighting crap can hurt (sorry, I can't change my age and the effects). And you learn to speak up for yourself and not follow the crowd. Just because the lemmings are following shiny objects does not mean you should walk off a cliff.

These pictures show games that look horrible. The colors make no sense and it looks like it interferes with playing the game. Funny how playing pinball never get discussed by these people.

#1344 1 year ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

too many snowflakes these days.

+1 Billion

Everything triggers people these days.

#1345 1 year ago

+1 Billion
    Everything triggers people these days.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT! +1 BILLION LEDs??? Arrrrgghhhh.

Some people would never handle the way we harass each other in person. The TD from the tournament last night sent me a text today to make sure this "old man" survived. Then proceeded to tell me they did a second side tournament until wee hours of the morning after I left (as a dig that I couldn't hang). I usually just tell him his taste in games suck and make fun of his car.

That's why I really wonder about the ones who came here and freaked out enough to send in "abuse reports" because we like the original look of a game and don't think everyone's mods are "the bee's knees" (look that one up).

#1346 1 year ago

My honest opinion is the LEDs if done correctly can make the game look a lot more up to date and newer. Especially with a game made in the 80s or 90s. The incandescent bulbs look dull, dim, old and blow all the time. Plus they are hot and can ruin your plastics and backglass. I'm definitely not a fan of the old cheap incandescent bulbs. The LEDs are like eye candy and bring the game to life. I also feel like I see more art work, because the playfield is brighter and can also see the ball better. I can't figure out why you want the old bulbs and I've read the entire forum.
    Just my opinion

#1347 1 year ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

54, why what's your issue? It is a joke. Lighten up Francis.

Francis, looks like you are going to have to spell it out for him.

This thread is not about using LED's. It's about using colored LED's for GI's or backboxes. If they are not warm or cool white, they have no business being in a GI socket anywhere.

francis (resized).jpg

#1348 1 year ago

If you check Ebay sold listings, not only are these $156 kits selling , but the color bombed games are as well. There will be no end to this madness. I can't believe there were 14 bids on this Comet.

leds (resized).JPG

#1349 1 year ago

Another listing on Ebay now:

s-l1600 (resized).jpg

#1350 1 year ago

I couldn't imagine taking the time to search ebay, save pics and then post over here just for the amusement of a few fellas.

But hey, gives me something to chuckle over when seeing these people royally screw up a game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 29.95
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 45.00
    £ 58.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 4211 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside