(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    There are 8,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 166.
    #1251 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

If we can't have an authentic clown-puke-hate thread because it got too nasty of for pinside, Okay, fine, I understand. It's an inherently negative topic.
    The future of the hobby holds a lot of purple faced policemen and bright red atlantis girls and everyone is going to be very polite about it.
    Hooray for progress!

Again, I have no problem with you saying a game that's clown puked looks stupid...and I think that was Robin's take.

My problem was when people started with the "whoever put bulbs in that game is stupid, lacks intelligence...and to quote you directly "I'm starting to think there is a correlation between clown puking and IQ". Then you were talking about the people and disrespectfully, not the game itself.

It's quite simple. Saying a game looks stupid...not that bad, but COULD be offensive to the owner of the game. Saying the person that did it is stupid...much different story, and most likely offensive either way you cut it.

I've kept posting and commenting, and so can you. People even made a comment that the problem was I owned a Road Kings. (I've had 3 of them over the years, and thought it was actually funny. It's a game non-pinball people love to play, and I like dancing to the awesome music before plunging the ball. I even posted more pics of my own games above, and very few people commented. Maybe because it was Pharaoh and that game is great any way you look at it?

Doesn't mean we're all holding hands sitting around a campfire feeding each other marshmallows.

Just means that we're exhibiting some level of respect for ALL of our fellow hobbyists, whether we agree with the way they bulb a game or not.

#1252 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Doesn't mean we're all holding hands sitting around a campfire feeding each other marshmallows.

I'm in. As long as they're the colored ones

#1253 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

It's quite simple. Saying a game looks stupid...not that bad, but COULD be offensive to the owner of the game. Saying the person that did it is stupid...much different story, and most likely offensive either way you cut it.

Yes everyone just please keep the insults to the machines that have put in their own bulbs

#1254 6 years ago

My comment about IQ level was actually prompted by some of the more derpy and illiterate posts into this thread by some of the CP-ers.

I'm not saying that to be defensive, just a statement of fact.

On the other hand, I did say that the CP-ed games look like the work of a child. Because they really do. There is no subtlety to CP, it's just a riot of color.

I'm not saying that to be insulting.

Making the policemen purple on the High Speed looks like something a little kid would do, it's senseless. It's color for the sake of color.

The CPed games in general remind me of some novelty game for kids at one of those laser-tag bowl-o-rama places.

DLN-L-gameplace-1211-12-XL (resized).jpgDLN-L-gameplace-1211-12-XL (resized).jpg

#1255 6 years ago

so basically, it comes down to, if you color puke your games, you have the mentality of a child, since they are attracted to colorized bling. That sounds about right.

#1256 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so basically, it comes down to, if you color puke your games, you have the mentality of a child, since they are attracted to colorized bling. That sounds about right.

The irony continues. I think we all have the mentality of a child.......after all, we are all grown men/women and we collect friggin games.

#1257 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Right but that ins't shocking in anyway if you just think logically aboot it. That's the entire way this "hobby" has turned. As I've said before pinball used to be aboot pinball, now it's just a male childhood arts & crafts fantasy camp.
    Is it shocking/rude that gluing toys to somone's games is childish? Of course not, same shit with blinking flashing lights *wow* *yippee* Look the bottom of my game lights up *weeeeeeeee*

#1258 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

The CPed games remind me of some novelty game for kids at one of those laser-tag bowl-o-rama places.

And that place looks fun....could use a few pins though.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Is it shocking/rude that gluing toys to somone's games is childish?

Now that I don't like at all. Maybe I'll go start a thread to bitch aboot it.

#1259 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

The irony continues. I think we all have the mentality of a child.......after all, we are all grown men/women and we collect friggin games.

That depends on if you think games are only for kids...or if pinball machines are for kids. I think it's easy to think becasue you started playing them when you were a kid they are for kids.

#1260 6 years ago

this thread is kind of tricky

Colsond3 is in the position of defending something that's pretty darn lame. CP for the most part is pretty random and senseless.

It's hard to defend the act of making a TZ playfield glow bright pink.

I, on the other hand, am in the position of telling people that their games look like ass. That's not too friendly.

Even if I'm only talking about a CPed game in general, it's not a friendly conversation.

But....

Color bombing games is becoming the norm.

There are a metric ton of threads on pinside and other sites where people post up pictures of their color bombed games, and no matter how awful they are, everyone says, "That's great!"

Surely there is some room for a little honest feedback in this day-glo explosion.

Just saying.

#1261 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Well be ready to be trolled by a bunch of doll loving a$$holes that have nothing better to do all day than tell you you're old and out of touch for not liking them even though it's obvious it looks like complete and utter shit.

#1262 6 years ago

I think if people were more up front with each other in the first place, we wouldn't have the colorshitfest so out of control at this point like we do. If someone does something that looks good. Compliment them, but on the same token, if it looks horrible. Tell them that as well. In real life and the internet. When people are hesitant to really tell it like it is, is when things spiral out of control because people doing it, don't realize it. Then others see that guy get complimented, think that they are suppose to think it looks good and follows suit. Now the lemming mentality takes off and now there is a whole bunch of games that look like shit.

#1263 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

And that place looks fun....could use a few pins though.

We can kick this ball back and forth for another 50 pages and at the end of it, you're still looking at a future of purple-faced policemen on High Speed.

I'll bet you a coke out of the vending machine at the Oxford valley Home depot that you get reaaaal tired of it eventually.

#1264 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think if people were more up front with each other in the first place, we wouldn't have the colorshitfest so out of control at this point like we do. If someone does something that looks good. Compliment them, but on the same token, if it looks horrible. Tell them that as well. In real life and the internet. When people are hesitant to really tell it like it is, is when things spiral out of control because people doing it, don't realize it. Then others see that guy get complimented, think that they are suppose to think it looks good and follows suit. Now the lemming mentality takes off and now there is a whole bunch of games that look like shit.

Tech and hobby forums like pinside tend to be very polite compared to general discussion forums.

I don't believe that most people are being honest when they uniformly praise all of the clown puked games that show up.

#1265 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Colsond3 is in the position of defending something that's pretty darn lame. CP for the most part is pretty random and senseless.

And you're in a position of bitching about something that's pretty darn lame.

Let's get one thing straight, because obviously you don't read much or too thoroughly at least.
    I have agreed that some of these games look utterly ridiculous. That's the reason I came into this thread. Not to troll. I've posted pictures of several of my games.

What I was doing was defending the way you and other people were posting comments about people in this thread, not the clown puked games.

And obviously you don't read the Pinside rules, the first one being be nice. A good friend of mine doesn't even come on here anymore, because his exact comment was "pinside is a bunch of people bitching about everything. This is supposed to be a hobby that we all enjoy."

I'm in the middle of spending 100+ hours restoring a game, and help people often in the tech threads. You start a thread about your hatred for clown puking games. You do the math.

#1266 6 years ago

IMG_3517 (resized).JPGIMG_3517 (resized).JPG

IMG_4563 (resized).JPGIMG_4563 (resized).JPG

IMG_4564 (resized).JPGIMG_4564 (resized).JPG

IMG_4589 (resized).JPGIMG_4589 (resized).JPG

IMG_7339 (resized).JPGIMG_7339 (resized).JPG

IMG_7581 (resized).JPGIMG_7581 (resized).JPG

IMG_7582 (resized).JPGIMG_7582 (resized).JPG

IMG_9198 (resized).JPGIMG_9198 (resized).JPG

IMG_9199 (resized).JPGIMG_9199 (resized).JPG

#1267 6 years ago

Don't bring up Pinside rules. You're in a club thread derailing it constantly. See how long you last trolling a club thread about a game. I don't understand why all the purpers are even in here. THIS. THREAD. IS. NOT. FOR. THEM.

#1268 6 years ago

Those games look like garbage.

#1269 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

A good friend of mine doesn't even come on here anymore, because his exact comment was "pinside is a bunch of people bitching about everything. This is supposed to be a hobby that we all enjoy."

Funny I always remember the hobby to be aboot shit talking, playing games not looking at them, and one upsmanship (?) .
    So you never know.

#1270 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I don't understand why all the purpers are even in here.

Again, the op of this thread requested members to post pics of LED fails.

Once upon a time, in the old days, I tried to add a little color to a game that had very little to start with. A little older, and a little wiser now, I've learned there is only so much you can do when trying to polish a turd.

I am well on my way to redemption, but am finding that putting games back to their bone stock glory can be a pricey venture as well because GE no longer makes 44 bulbs and existing supply is dwindling fast.

TOM (resized).jpgTOM (resized).jpg

#1271 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Don't bring up Pinside rules. You're in a club thread derailing it constantly.

Talking about the subject of the thread is not derailing anything.

Quoted from jar155:

Duly noted. Thank you.

#1272 6 years ago

I have some pink and green in my Batman Forever too. Looks nice, I think.
    Nobody has ever told me - in person - that my games looks stupid or like garbage. I wouldn't be mad if they did, though...
    You buy them, you can do what you want. Me too.

#1273 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Funny I always remember the hobby to be aboot shit talking, playing games not looking at them, and one upsmanship (?) .
    So you never know.

If it wasn't some about looking at them, they wouldn't put art or flashers in them.
    But yea. Mostly, I play. The looking thing is secondary. Most of my games are no better than players condition, because I don't really care if the playfield is a bit worn here or there as long as it plays good.

#1274 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Actually I think they look pretty good. Some could be toned down a little but still better then most the clown puke I've seen.

#1275 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Actually I think they look pretty good. Some could be toned down a little but still better then most the clown puke I've seen.

And therein lies the somewhat misleading kicker to this thread and Jar's overwhelming positivity. Other than Gorgar, those were pics of the games when I brought them home.

Not my bulb choices, but people in here are assuming they were. But I didn't change them either...well, a few bulbs.

I actually told each person I bought those six games from that they looked like garbage when I picked them up

#1276 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Nobody has ever told me - in person - that my games looks stupid or like garbage.

Telling someone there game looks stupid or is garbage IRL or on here will get neither party anywhere. One just looks like an ass and the will act like an ass. However I have told several people that their color bombed games would look a little better if they switched out with some whites to A: make it easier to see the ball and B:doesn't saturate the original artwork. There's always a right and wrong way to help people see the light. Unfortunately here on Pinside most chose the wrong way.

#1277 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Telling someone there game looks stupid or is garbage IRL or on here will get neither party anywhere. One just looks like an ass and the will act like an ass. However I have told several people that their color bombed games would look a little better if they switched out with some whites to A: make it easier to see the ball and B:doesn't saturate the original artwork. There's always a right and wrong way to help people see the light. Unfortunately here on Pinside most chose the wrong way.

I think the point is, nobody has ever mentioned it to me (I've had hundreds of people at my home playing my games) that they look stupid or like garbage. The ball isn't hard to see, and the (albeit limited) use of colored GI doesn't saturate the original artwork. I have had a few people who are totally anti-LED's tell me that they don't care for the fact all of my games have them, but that's almost always a philosophical thing, I figure.

#1278 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

If it wasn't some about looking at them, they wouldn't put art or flashers in them.
    But yea. Mostly, I play. The looking thing is secondary. Most of my games are no better than players condition, because I don't really care if the playfield is a bit worn here or there as long as it plays good.

Yes, that is why THEY did it

Quoted from Colsond3:

I actually told each person I bought those six games from that they looked like garbage when I picked them up

Quoted from arcademojo:

Unfortunately here on Pinside most chose the wrong way.

Therein lies the real issue of Pinside and member forums; if they were your friends you would have told them right?

"What are you gonna do when you get this bad boy home old chum?"
    "Take all these color puked GI LEDS out this looks like a clowns anus you old dog you."
    *Both Chuckling*
    "You rascal get out of here" *Slaps ass*

That's how friends (or as least I've learnd here Canadians) talk to each other. The issue is/was/will always be how do you treat people in the same club even though you don't really know them.

I've met Tamoore like 1 time. I wouldn't have a problem telling him his game looked like shit and I'm pretty sure he'd be fine telling me to F&*^ off. We'd be done with it then and move on...but it will always be hard with so many diff'rent ideas on the correct way to act.

#1279 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"What are you gonna do when you get this bad boy home old chum?"
    "Take all these color puked GI LEDS out this looks like a clowns anus you old dog you."
    *Both Chuckling*

LMFAO.

#1280 6 years ago

God i wish the hobby was that way

#1281 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

And you're in a position of bitching about something that's pretty darn lame.
    Let's get one thing straight, because obviously you don't read much or too thoroughly at least.
    I have agreed that some of these games look utterly ridiculous. That's the reason I came into this thread. Not to troll. I've posted pictures of several of my games.
    What I was doing was defending the way you and other people were posting comments about people in this thread, not the clown puked games.
    And obviously you don't read the Pinside rules, the first one being be nice. A good friend of mine doesn't even come on here anymore, because his exact comment was "pinside is a bunch of people bitching about everything. This is supposed to be a hobby that we all enjoy."
    I'm in the middle of spending 100+ hours restoring a game, and help people often in the tech threads. You start a thread about your hatred for clown puking games. You do the math.

Relax, dude. You're taking this thread too seriously.

Someday soon all the bulbs in pinball games will be eye-frying day-glo and everyone will think it looks fantastic.

Your mom (or similar old-fashioned type person who is not hip to the world of clown puke) will visit the house and she'll say something highly irritating like, "Why is everyone's face purple or green on your pinball machines?"

She doesn't realize that colored LEDs have electrolytes that pinball games crave.

downgrayedd (resized).jpgdowngrayedd (resized).jpg

#1282 6 years ago

Grown ass men getting upset with each other about whether or not their toys should have LOTS of colors or LOTS AND LOTS of colors.

Sometimes there arent enough lolz Forrest.

#1283 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Grown ass men getting upset with each other about whether or not their toys should have LOTS of colors or LOTS AND LOTS of colors.

Look out everyone, Dad just showed up.

#1284 6 years ago

Oprah just called.......everyone in this thread is getting a copy!!!

Under-the-Cold-Bright-Lights-Cover (resized).jpgUnder-the-Cold-Bright-Lights-Cover (resized).jpg

#1285 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

those games look absurd

sorry, they just do

full of electrolytes, though

#1286 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Slapping someones ass around here will get you in thrown in jail or at least sued for sexual assault 30 years latter.

#1287 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I've met Tamoore like 1 time. I wouldn't have a problem telling him his game looked like shit and I'm pretty sure he'd be fine telling me to F&*^ off. We'd be done with it then and move on...but it will always be hard with so many diff'rent ideas on the correct way to act.

We've met a few times.... but - I wouldn't care if you told me my games looked like shit. It's just not something I think you would have done before this thread - but I'm sure you will now.

#1288 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Is it shocking/rude that gluing toys to somone's games is childish?

I feel about the same with owners filling a game with every conceivable Hallmark Ornament or Action figure toy as I do CP'ed games. But, unless I missed it, there isn't a "No stupid, pointless Mods Club! (Post Pics of worst Mod fails)" thread to laugh at unless I missed it?

#1289 6 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

But, unless I missed it, there isn't a "No stupid, pointless Mods Club! (Post Pics of worst Mod fails)" thread to laugh at unless I missed it?

the short answer is "it's called the market section of Pinside. "

But yes it's everywhere.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-and-worst-mods

#1290 6 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

unless I missed it, there isn't a "No stupid, pointless Mods Club! (Post Pics of worst Mod fails)" thread to laugh at unless I missed it?

There's also this...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-removers-club-getting-rid-of-mods-one-machine-at-a-time/page/12#post-4023320

#1291 6 years ago

Is this one a pinsider's game?

If so, I just want to say it's WONDERFUL

No criticism here

87b9de15aecd3691ea61ed2f8e4056a668e50ef0 (resized).jpg87b9de15aecd3691ea61ed2f8e4056a668e50ef0 (resized).jpg

#1292 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Is this one a pinsider's game?
    If so, I just want to say it's WONDERFUL

I hear it also has a pinsound system installed in it and plays Calliope music now.

#1293 6 years ago

I've actually been nicer in this thread than I would be IRL because I don't know people that well.

Ask anyone who knows me how the conversation would go (and had gone) at places like The Sanctum.

Person: Hey Taxman, look at the Fish Tales.
    Taxman: Those LEDs look like crap.
    Parson: You know, it is my game right?
    Taxman: What's wrong with you?

Then I might steal the power cord until league night is over so I don't have to play it.

#1294 6 years ago

You know, just three words can set you free.

Focus. On. Yourself.

#1295 6 years ago

From a 'hey it's clown puke but doesn't make any damn sense' perspective... Here's a swords of fury I picked up a few months back at a deep discount. All Backbox GI was changed to purple. The camera doesn't do it justice, but it looked ridiculous. They also used all regular LEDs in the inserts. fun times.

Long story - but sadly this is directly from a famous (infamous?) local pinball repair shop like this. On top of the LED job, the drop targets started to go after a week of home play. Still a great deal for the price I got on it, but eesh.

20170808_202345 (resized).jpg20170808_202345 (resized).jpg

#1296 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Focus. On. Yourself.

You know, just nine words can set YOU free.

Stop. Moralizing. And. Pontificating. To. Other. Adults. Over. Nothing.

#1297 6 years ago

This is not a thread about anything important.

This is a thread about a fad, where a bunch of guys are inexplicably lighting up their pinball games like a carnival ride.

Just saying.

#1298 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Focus. On. Yourself.

Is that why you're in a thread that has a title that clearly shows that the thread is not for you? It's a club thread. If you don't belong on the club, don't sit in here and get upset about the content

Focus. On. Yourself.

#1299 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Is that why you're in a thread that has a title that clearly shows that the thread is not for you? It's a club thread. If you don't belong on the club, don't sit in here and get upset about the content
    Focus. On. Yourself.

I didn't get upset over anything. I'm cool.

But clearly plenty of commentators in this thread on both sides of the petty debate need to chill.

#1300 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I didn't get upset over anything. I'm cool.
    But clearly plenty of commentators in this thread on both sides of the petty debate need to chill.

That is the problem. This is not a debate. This is a "Club Thread" so there are not two sides. Why does this point keep getting missed?

We don't want to fight about it.

There are 8,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/26?hl=aplundell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.