(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,256 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by CelticKnot
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,256 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 166.
    #1151 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

And yes it had a few tasteful color LEDs in the GI.

Nooooooooooo!!! Mojo. The word tasteful has been banned from this thread.

#1152 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

That's funny because to day is actually my 50th birthday. I was one of those that said LEDs look terrible. That's because the older LEDs that were out were terrible. Then about 2 years ago I bought my first pin with LEDs in it and was amazed at how nice it looked. And yes it had a few tasteful color LEDs in the GI.

Happy Birthday!!!

#1153 6 years ago

A few more from the archives.

IMG_8259 (resized).JPGIMG_8259 (resized).JPG

IMG_8260 (resized).JPGIMG_8260 (resized).JPG

IMG_8681 (resized).JPGIMG_8681 (resized).JPG

#1154 6 years ago

IMG_7513 (resized).JPGIMG_7513 (resized).JPG

IMG_7569 (resized).JPGIMG_7569 (resized).JPG

#1155 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You saw what they did to me didn't you. Here I thought I was in good standing with other Pinside members.

Some people are putting very bright and very colorful LEDs in their games.

It makes the games look dramatically different.

This kind of thing is always going to sort of polarize people into two camps, those who like it and those who don't.

A thread that is specifically devoted to not liking it is naturally going to have a negative tone to it.

In other words, don't take it personally, the colored bulbs don't actually hurt the game so nobody really gives a crap either way.

#1156 6 years ago

Haha nice.
    "Hey D&D has the most monochrome blue plastics everywhere, what should we do?"
    "Needs more blue!"

Quoted from arcademojo:

That's funny because to day is actually my 50th birthday.

Happy Birthday you old bastard!

#1157 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

That's funny because to day is actually my 50th birthday. I was one of those that said LEDs look terrible. That's because the older LEDs that were out were terrible. Then about 2 years ago I bought my first pin with LEDs in it and was amazed at how nice it looked. And yes it had a few tasteful color LEDs in the GI.

This thread is not about LEDs or tastefulness.

This thread is about games that glow with purple haze and making Rod Serlings face glow orange in the TZ translite.

#1158 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You saw what they did to me didn't you. Here I thought I was in good standing with other Pinside members.

You're in very fine standing. We're just not into the idea of lighting up the legs of a pinball machine...that can't be too much of a shock to learn it's not everyone's cup of tea.

#1159 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Skeletor doesn't like clown puking either.

He's blue and purple, isn't he? He has clown pukey taste in clothing.

#1160 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Personally, I don't have any clown puke LE jobs, just as I wouldn't be caught dead riding a Huffy or My Little Pony girl's bicycle.

Holy shit you old devil I didn;t even see it was you with the avatar. I knew the disgrace of this thread would bring you back!

#1161 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I knew the disgrace of this thread would bring you back!

It was the watered down-ness of this thread that brought me back.

So rainbow puke in GI is bad, but color puking inserts is OK? Come on man!

#1162 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know brotha lol. They keep saying “it’s all in good fun” lol. But come on.....you can only push someone around, poke fun, joke around or whatever you want to call it before said person is gonna have enough and stand up for their decisions (led choices in this case) and argue back. It’s that simple. Club thread or not, it’s not a secret society that requires a secret handshake to come in here and express opinions. Just to be very clear here....this thread has become AWESOME reading lololol. I’m having a blast in here. But once again, what was the point of a poll if you don’t want anybody’s opinions except the white light purists?

#1163 6 years ago
    \

I like the boobs on the fortune teller.

I've always thought that a quality pinball should feature some tasteful boobs. No pun intended.

#1164 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

\
    I like the boobs on the fortune teller.
    I've always thought that a quality pinball should feature some tasteful boobs. No pun intended.

I second that one!! Air high five. Mystic has an awesome backglass. I regretted selling that as we were taking the legs off of it.

Quoted from irobot:

He's blue and purple, isn't he? He has clown pukey taste in clothing.

The blue and purple made me choose the pic. Glad somebody picked up on it.

#1165 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So rainbow puke in GI is bad, but color puking inserts is OK? Come on man!

One thread, one issue. There should be a puke translight thread also. There seems to be enough material for a whole sub-section.

#1166 6 years ago

Found a few pics that show the difference with dark, and regular room light on. There is a pretty significant difference. And I can tell you the first pic is way exaggerated, back to the photos and in person being different thing. Even in the dark, it doesn't look like a radioactive Smurf.

IMG_5514 (resized).JPGIMG_5514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5534 (resized).JPGIMG_5534 (resized).JPG

#1167 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

I know brotha lol. They keep saying “it’s all in good fun” lol. But come on.....you can only push someone around, poke fun, joke around or whatever you want to call it before said person is gonna have enough and stand up for their decisions (led choices in this case) and argue back. It’s that simple. Club thread or not, it’s not a secret society that requires a secret handshake to come in here and express opinions. Just to be very clear here....this thread has become AWESOME reading lololol. I’m having a blast in here. But once again, what was the point of a poll if you don’t want anybody’s opinions except the white light purists?

I don't think it's "all in good fun". Posting a picture of a game and saying it looks like crap is pretty hard to present as "happy friendly fun".

At best it's it can be considered honest.

If someone makes an "I hate clown puke" thread and you're offended by it, maybe you're being a little over-sensitive.

Remember that the clown puking dramatically changes the look of the game, a certain percentage of people are going to hate it even if they are too polite to say so.

#1168 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

I don't think it's "all in good fun". Posting a picture of a game and saying it looks like crap is pretty hard to present as "happy friendly fun".
    At best it's it can be considered honest.
    If someone makes an "I hate clown puke" thread and you're offended by it, maybe you're being a little over-sensitive.
    Remember that the clown puking dramatically changes the look of the game, a certain percentage of people are going to hate it even if they are too polite to say so.

Yeah but people are attacking Pinside members PERSONAL games though. Key word is personal here. It means something to them, they happen to like that look or they wouldn’t have done it. People aren’t offended until you make it personal (ie post pics of their games). Turn the tables man, an “I Hate White GI Club thread” and ALL of you guys would be in there defending white GI. You know it’s true lol. And also for the record I’m not offended one bit. Just having a fun discussion with some pinball people. This whole thread reminds me of the black/blue dress vs white/gold dress argument!! Remember that?? Basically people’s eyes all see differently. Some people saw blue/black and some people legit saw white/gold. Coloring a pin truly looks good to some people. Maybe their eyes will change one day and the color of the dress will change to all white with some warm white accents!!! Lolol

#1169 6 years ago

Miketango the problem is there are 100,000 posts disliking things I like I don't take it personally.
    If you don't like TZ, cool I do. See? Not hard at all.

#1170 6 years ago

white light purists?

The incandescent bulb fan club is meeting in the next room, and the LED fan club down the hall. I keep bouncing from room to room.

#1171 6 years ago

I had a problem with the attacks on the people in the thread, not their games. But we do spend a lot of money on these things, even for the games themselves, so I can see how people would be offended when you attack them. To each their own, and people are entitled to an opinion. I can honestly say that a good majority of the games posted in this thread, including some of mine in the past, in hindsight don't look that great. I've been a little moody because I have other things going on, and probably should have stepped out earlier instead of contributing to the back-and-forth.

But, for instance, that Atlantis translite that was posted looked absolutely horrible. You couldn't see any color in it at all. I like what LEDs do for a game, but it is quite easy to go overboard and drown out all the artwork. The purpose of this thread was for the truly clown puked games, and most of them really don't look good at all.

#1172 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Lol. Hey man, I love the leg lights.

#1173 6 years ago

I’m 100% with you Law. Most of the people in this thread are just having a discussion including me. I’m not the slightest bit offended. Seriously I’m not. I’m just playing some MET with my wife and commenting between games haha. All that I’m trying to say is people in this club can’t be surprised when they get a rise out of people defending their games that are being made fun of. It’s gonna happen. Most people don’t care and it’s just a friendly banter/discussion between some enthusiasts. But as Red would say....”That’s Pinball For Ya”

#1174 6 years ago

Drain the threads that are a topic that upsets you. It is that easy. If you come to a thread and get into arguments because you don't like the topic you are the troll.

Pinstadium has his thread. People who like his product are discussing and posting pictures they think look great. I think most look horrible. But I don't post in that thread. I look and laugh to myself. I don't get upset that they like the look and I don't upset them with my opinion in their thread. Everyone is happy.

This thread is for people who prefer white light and the way it looks. We don't like overbearing color. Why don't you laugh and move on? At first I thought it was funny and seeing people justify the look was entertaining. Now that it has gotten personal maybe moderation is needed.

Paul went over in the other thread complaining about his feeling being hurt here. Pinstadium gave a great reply about not having time for it and he moved on. Good for him.

I think these pictures are ugly. But that is a personal preference. I think many of the light mods make it harder to play and even hurt my old eyes. Sorry, I can't change my age or the fact that I experience real pain. This is not an opinion but a fact. I also play competition pinball where we stream the games on the internet. This interferes with the cameras also. I have many reason to not like these games.

I agree with this thread. I am here to laugh and discuss the topic with like minded people. Once again look in the mirror. If you came here because you disagree with the topic you are the troll.

#1175 6 years ago

I’m 100% with you Law. Most of the people in this thread are just having a discussion including me. I’m not the slightest bit offended.

Well I'm offended by both. I hate color puke but I also hate the yellowish tint of warm white incandescent bulbs.
    But I'm sure what I call color puke is different then what other call it. I like a little color mixed in.

#1176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Drain the threads that are a topic that upsets you. It is that easy. If you come to a thread and get into arguments because you don't like the topic you are the troll.
    Pinstadium has his thread. People who like his product are discussing and posting pictures they think look great. I think most look horrible. But I don't post in that thread. I look and laugh to myself. I don't get upset that they like the look and I don't upset them with my opinion in their thread. Everyone is happy.
    This thread is for people who prefer white light and the way it looks. We don't like overbearing color. Why don't you laugh and move on? At first I thought it was funny and seeing people justify the look was entertaining. Now that it has gotten personal maybe moderation is needed.
    Paul went over in the other thread complaining about his feeling being hurt here. Pinstadium gave a great reply about not having time for it and he moved on. Good for him.
    I think these pictures are ugly. But that is a personal preference. I think many of the light mods make it harder to play and even hurt my old eyes. Sorry, I can't change my age or the fact that I experience real pain. This is not an opinion but a fact. I also play competition pinball where we stream the games on the internet. This interferes with the cameras also. I have many reason to not like these games.
    I agree with this thread. I am here to laugh and discuss the topic with like minded people. Once again look in the mirror. If you came here because you disagree with the topic you are the troll.

Totally agree agree with you brotha. However, THE POLL is inviting people in here lolol. Why is there even a poll if you don’t want anyone else in here? One of the poll options even says you can stay! lolol

#1177 6 years ago

This is just as bad as rainbow puke. Stock incandescent bulbs in my Bad Cats. Sitting next to my games with LEDs in it just looks horrible.

IMG_4648 (resized).JPGIMG_4648 (resized).JPG

#1178 6 years ago

Totally agree agree with you brotha. However, THE POLL is inviting people in here lolol. Why is there even a poll if you don’t want anyone else in here? One of the poll options even says you can stay! lolol

I think you need to re read the poll a little closer.

#1179 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

If you feel your games need to be factory then your a member of the status quo and either just lack creativity or are too afraid your efforts would equal and epic fail. I dont want my blackout to look like every other blackout. I want it to look like MY blackout. If you think Ive insulted the playfield art then your the one thats overly sensitive. Viva la LED's!

that is truly awful. Thank you for getting everyone back on track.

#1180 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Lol. Hey man, I love the leg lights.

Thanks Kevan.

#1181 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I think you need to re read the poll a little closer.

Mitch this is a good thread btw! I’m just seriously confused why you want people’s opinions via poll only? They can’t give their opinions via words? Just leave a vote and they have to move along? The only people allowed to speak are the people who vote for the first choice? These are just questions I am seriously wondering about. I mean no disrespect. I love white LEDs as much as you guys but I also like a little color. I’m right in the middle of this lighting discussion. My MET is all stock lighting and my BSD has color LEDs. I love them both the way they are. So that makes me the third choice on the poll. Yaayyyyyyy I’m allowed to stay lolol.

#1182 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Paul went over in the other thread complaining about his feeling being hurt here.

When someone post a screen grab of my avatar picture and all the info and says nasty things yes my feelings were hurt and I took it personally because it was posted that way to MAKE it personal. I put months of my time and a lot of money into my mod in the hopes it would sell. I have another mod coming out shortly so I suppose I'll get another personal attack here.

#1183 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Not in Ontario. Almost any modern ( last 10 years) stern pro in Ontario is 6800 to 7300 used.

Wow, I gotta start listing in Ontario. Tf pro, lots of mods $6200 cdn shipped? Lol

#1184 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Actually don’t mind these amber led in TWD. I’m getting a TWD next week so I’ve been watching a bunch of videos. Was thinking there was too much cool white everywhere. Almost want to switch to incandescent.

I have actually gone back to white. Not the original white but a more natural white.

#1185 6 years ago

Hey everybody! I've been seeing a bunch of reports coming in about this thread in the past few days.

While I realize that this thread was started in good fun by people who dislike (poorly done) LED mods, I do want to remind y'all to keep it nice here. Don't make things personal and don't bash other Pinsiders or their work. If you're going to comment on someone's game, please keep in mind that that someone may have spend a heck of a lot of time on it. Opinions are subjective of course, but please give yours in a respectful manner.

I've seen some people grabbing photos from profiles of other Pinsiders, and posting them here without permission. That's not really cool, so please don't do it.

Bashing someone else's game is kind of counter to the whole pinball community spirit. I realize that the very existence of this thread is based on posting photos of games you deem ugly, but I would prefer it if you stick to posting photos of your own games and, for example, the (poor) LED work that was done on it when you got it. Or on a "mod job" you did yourself which went south. Or even a random game you saw at an event.

Normally I'm a strong proponent of the "don't like a thread, drain it" mentality, but it's different when your own work is being ridiculed in a thread. Please remember rule #1 of Pinside.

Thanks.

I'm locking this thread for a day, to make sure this notice is read.

#1186 6 years ago

Hey it's unlocked! Well, back at it then

#1187 6 years ago

Thanks Robin.......I told ya all.

cut-the-crap (resized).jpgcut-the-crap (resized).jpg

#1188 6 years ago

So if, for example, there is a thread where a picture of a disaster of a TFTC was posted. Can we repost it here? It is not from their profile, they put the picture out there for comment. I think it is nicer commenting over here rather then giving an honest opinion over there. Over there everyone if clapping their hands in a mindless group think and not pointing out the obvious loss of artwork.

I know we are supposed to "be nice" but sometimes being nice means being honest and letting them know when they have made something ugly. Over there I would be a broken record saying "but that is not how the game looks, I can't see the artwork anymore and the game looks harder to play". Over here we just have a bit more fun with it because people joined to defend the disasters.

I'd post pictures of my games. But they look kind of "normal". Here, TZ with Cool White.

TZCoolWhite (resized).JPGTZCoolWhite (resized).JPG

#1189 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

When someone post a screen grab of my avatar picture and all the info and says nasty things yes my feelings were hurt and I took it personally because it was posted that way to MAKE it personal. I put months of my time and a lot of money into my mod in the hopes it would sell. I have another mod coming out shortly so I suppose I'll get another personal attack here.

I agree with you 100 percent...everything you said, but I find your post a little shocking because you thought the pinstadium thread was not a problem at all and that the owner of pinstadium will make more money because of the thread where everyone is bashing him. You should be happy because everyone will be buying your leg light up kits now right?

#1190 6 years ago

Here's a couple more pics of my own color bombed games. The Geeen Met was like this when I got it. Some day I will change it to cool whites. The TAF I did myself.

IMG_4652 (resized).JPGIMG_4652 (resized).JPG

IMG_4653 (resized).JPGIMG_4653 (resized).JPG

#1191 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

So if, for example, there is a thread where a picture of a disaster of a TFTC was posted. Can we repost it here? It is not from their profile, they put the picture out there for comment. I think it is nicer commenting over here rather then giving an honest opinion over there. Over there everyone if clapping their hands in a mindless group think and not pointing out the obvious loss of artwork.
    I know we are supposed to "be nice" but sometimes being nice means being honest and letting them know when they have made something ugly. Over there I would be a broken record saying "but that is not how the game looks, I can't see the artwork anymore and the game looks harder to play". Over here we just have a bit more fun with it because people joined to defend the disasters.
    I'd post pictures of my games. But they look kind of "normal". Here, TZ with Cool White.

what's wrong with the TZ? looks like it should.

that MET is horrible.

#1192 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Do you consider this TZ to look bad or be colour bombed? The human eye does a much better job than a camera. I’m starting to think some of you guys have serious eye problems. Walking around with no colour balance or completely dialated pupils. When you drive at night is all you see blown out over saturated headlights.

#1193 6 years ago

No I don't consider the TZ bad. It is mine. That was about 2 years ago when I was putting in cool white frosted like Art told me to do.

Robin said it was alright to make fun of our own games and not other members. But mine look "normal".

#1194 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what's wrong with the TZ? looks like it should.
    that MET is horrible.

Except for that pop cap

#1195 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

What are you talking about Tax? That TZ is totally white bombed! I can't even see the artwork on your sling plastics!!

JK. I think that game looks great. Again with the camera vs. eye, the cool whites in your TZ are probably not that drastic in person either. But they do appear a little overbearing in the photos.

#1196 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Do you consider this TZ to look bad or be colour bombed? The human eye does a much better job than a camera. I’m starting to think some of you guys have serious eye problems. Walking around with no colour balance or completely dialated pupils.

there's no color in the GI so it isnt color bombed; It's a very simple definition.

I love how the anti Pinstadium crowd is the one with bad eyesight, that's rich.

#1197 6 years ago

pop caps are wrong, but at least it's not ruining any art anywhere and you can see well on the game.

#1198 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that MET is horrible.

Agreed! The green totally saturates the artwork. Funny thing is, I usually play with the lights on in my room. Didn't notice how bad it really was until I turned the lights out one night.

#1199 6 years ago

This is what every single game should look like.

And yes, this was one of mine. I don't believe in cool or color LED's in EM's.

IMG_0881 (resized).JPGIMG_0881 (resized).JPG

#1200 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

This is what every single game should look like.
    And yes, this was one of mine. I don't believe in cool or color LED's in EM's.

agreed. that looks fantastic. Warm or sunlight LED's in EM's look great.

There are 8,256 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/24?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.