(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,211 posts
  • 285 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Bryan_Kelly
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 170 votes
      56%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 42 votes
      14%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 92 votes
      30%

(304 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,040 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giphy (resized).png
    shitbusters (resized).jpg
    shit park (resized).jpg
    vandamme.gif
    744806EF-DFE7-4175-85A3-2F8EC324C6EB (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1573330701664 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1573330699423 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191107-062419 (resized).png
    2019-led-neon-ba-sign-ip-66-led-digital-tube-led-dmx-tube-color-color-changing-led-tubes-colour-changing-led-tube-lights (resized).jpg
    48-T8-4-COLORED-Tube-Guard-Fluorescent-Plastic (resized).jpg
    ten2or (resized).png
    F973E105-579A-40FB-BDDC-188A2369F9C4 (resized).jpeg
    blouses.gif
    yT5yerJ.gif
    prince-symbol-elmas-polat-basoglu (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png

There are 4211 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 85.
    #1101 1 year ago

I found that Demolition Man I played at PAGG that had black balls. It was REALLY hard to see the ball.

DemoPurp (resized).jpg

#1102 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

How absolutely generic. Which one of your wives holds the current high score?

Hey look out Utah jokes! A slight bit more amusing than your translites

#1103 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

How absolutely generic. Which one of your wives holds the current high score?

Your attempt at humor is sophomoric.

Also, if you're going to accuse anybody of being generic, maybe pick an avatar and not use the absolute lamest username possible. Maybe try that. Maybe also try not to use the oldest and worn out joke available.

#1104 1 year ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I found that Demolition Man I played at PAGG that had black balls. It was REALLY hard to see the ball.

Uff colored balls and goddamn flipper toppers (Uff I throw up a little bit in Pinstein's mouth even having to type that term) are pretty bad.

#1105 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey look out Utah jokes! A slight bit more amusing than your translites

Quoted from jar155:

Your attempt at humor is sophomoric.
    Also, if you're going to accuse anybody of being generic, maybe pick an avatar and not use the absolute lamest username possible. Maybe try that. Maybe also try not to use the oldest and worn out joke available.

Your both right, but you've both been jerks too. So dont expect any apologies.

#1106 1 year ago

Hey, I caught a vision of how much better my game could look if only I made it POP with color.

TronPops (resized).jpg

#1107 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff colored balls and goddamn flipper toppers (Uff I throw up a little bit in Pinstein's mouth even having to type that term) are pretty bad.

Just dont try and kiss me when you get that close. Im very handsome.

#1108 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Just dont try and kiss me. Im very handsome

Just dont try and kiss me when you get that close. Im very handsome.

Some may even say your twice as handsome as most!

#1109 1 year ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I can take a better pic of the AFM later. I don't generally take a lot of pics of my own games...

I think they look good.

Quoted from jar155:

Continuing with personal attacks...not so good.

Quoted from jar155:

Hey, I caught a vision of how much better my game could look if only I made it POP with color.

I think that looks decent too...after all, it is Tron. But maybe the movie should be reshot with no illuminated light or neon effects too.

#1110 1 year ago

Ooops

#1112 1 year ago

IMG_8801 (resized).JPG

IMG_8797 (resized).JPG

#1113 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I think that looks decent too...after all, it is Tron. But maybe the movie should be reshot with no illuminated light or neon effects too.

As far as the Tron game goes I prefer it stock, except for the illuminated ramp mods. I'd have to have those... they relate to the movies well.

s385790218873361898_p6_i1_w1024 (resized).jpeg

cf5b39b0ce8edff1e60149adb29d8b43 (resized).jpg

#1115 1 year ago

It's sad how this thread is one of the best on pinside lately. It's like a blind speaking with a mute.
    I saw 2 of my old games on trial. I was kind of honored

#1116 1 year ago
    Oh! You are wasting your time trying to be the Grammar and Spelling police here on Pinside. It has been discussed before elsewhere and the consensus appears to be that stupid people want to stay stupid.

The one that always gets me is "alot". There is no such word. But there are the two words "a" and "lot".

On a side note, I am always impressed that many of the people here on Pinside for which English is not their native language usually do a much better job typing English than many here in America.

So, let's see some more Clown Puke so we can point out the error of their ways!

#1117 1 year ago

funny-pictures-grammar-nazi-there-their-theyre (resized).jpg

#1118 1 year ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Oh! You are wasting your time trying to be the Grammar and Spelling police here on Pinside. It has been discussed before elsewhere and the consensus appears to be that stupid people want to stay stupid.

Well since I'm the one being called stupid here, thanks 6 years of college, I can tell you it's more of a speed/bad typing thing thing for me. 60% of the time I accidentally use a semi colon instead of an apostrophe because I;m typing fast. And it doesn;t matter anyway.
    Plus, the fact you think you're "better" than someone else and having to teach them to be "smarter" is completely offensive.

Now, let's get back to idiots that color their games like simpletons and tell them how they're having their fun wrong.

#1119 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well since I'm the one being called stupid here, thanks 6 years of college, I can tell you it's more of a speed/bad typing thing thing for me. 60% of the time I accidentally use a semi colon instead of an apostrophe because I;m typing fast. And it doesn;t matter anyway.
    Plus,

Ueah!!!

#1120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

It's sad how this thread is one of the best on pinside lately. It's like a blind speaking with a mute.
    I saw 2 of my old games on trial. I was kind of honored

9dnXej8Pf6-8 (resized).png

Deaf, dumb, and blind, mime.....the only way to choose LEDs!

#1121 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Plus, the fact you think you're "better" than someone else and having to teach them to be "smarter" is completely offensive.
    Now, let's get back to idiots that color their games like simpletons and tell them how they're having their fun wrong.

I just can't imagine why anyone would think that about you? Oh yeah and news flash. ....I know lots of stupid college grads, they're everywhere!!

#1122 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Personally, I don't have any clown puke LE jobs, just as I wouldn't be caught dead riding a Huffy or My Little Pony girl's bicycle.

But other members here are doing a great job displaying theirs.

Though I do say if you are going to do something, you might as well go all out and do it right.

ebay.com link » Huo Terminator 2 Pinball Machine Refurbished Tii Williams Led Lights Shopped

s-l1600 (resized).png

#1123 1 year ago

Haha, they even purp'd the topper.

#1124 1 year ago

Time for a new thread. We have to mix this thread with the Visual Quiz thread.

If no one can guess what game it came from, there is something wrong. Take o-din's post. Here is 1/6 of the playfield -

p (resized).jpg

#1125 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just can't imagine why anyone would think that about you?

Hey I'm not taking that from some Ohio heyseed!

Quoted from jar155:

Haha, they even purp'd the topper.

Are there purp'd flipper toppers yet?

#1126 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

There are lighted flipper bats. Close enough?

#1127 1 year ago

Going thru some of my old pics when I def thought color GI or color LED accents were da bomb.

DSC00315 (resized).JPG

DSC00434 (resized).JPG
    20160408_141305 (resized).jpg
    20160408_141455 (resized).jpg
    20151015_175703 (resized).jpg
    20151015_180152 (resized).jpg
    20151015_165152 (resized).jpg
    20150325_184616 (resized).jpg
    20140922_184818 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5610 (resized).JPG
    DSC00309 (resized).JPG
    20140808_162429 (resized).jpg

#1128 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey I'm not taking that from some Ohio heyseed!

Lol

#1129 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So you can post other people "fails", but when someone post YOUR fail, that someone is a loser troll? Man-up baby boy, c'mon!

You combed back through several years of my posts so you could find some random tidbit about me to criticize.

Because of a meaningless quibble in a current thread.

And you think that's not the act of a loser troll?

Okey dokey.

#1130 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Hey looks like you have a new friend! Don't worry, many of us have have his Brazlian love peotry PM'd to us constantly.

#1131 1 year ago

Está tudo bem.

#1132 1 year ago

Está tudo legal.

#1133 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Going thru some of my old pics when I def thought color GI or color LED accents were da bomb.

That BK2000 looks great! The Tales is pretty nice also. A little too heavy on the color for the rest of them for me.

#1134 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

You combed back through several years of my posts so you could find some random tidbit about me to criticize.
    Because of a meaningless quibble in a current thread.
    Okey dokey.

Wouldn't this guy qualify for the "Broken record" pinside violation? You know like 50 posts ago?

#1135 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wouldn't this guy qualify for the "Broken record" pinside violation? You know like 50 posts ago?

Don't fire cannons in glass houses, dude.

#1136 1 year ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Quoted from jar155:

Ok "Dude" lmao

#1137 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well everyone would. If you can't tell there is no moderation in this thread.

#1138 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

That BK2000 looks great! The Tales is pretty nice also. A little too heavy on the color for the rest of them for me.

I agree. What's old will be new again. LEDs are here to stay you old geezers. Get over it.

#1139 1 year ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I agree. What's old will be new again. LEDs are here to stay you old geezers. Get over it.

Yes I have LEDs almost every machine I own.

#1140 1 year ago

I don't. Now get off my lawn! Kids.

#1141 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

If you feel your games need to be factory then your a member of the status quo and either just lack creativity or are too afraid your efforts would equal and epic fail. I dont want my blackout to look like every other blackout. I want it to look like MY blackout. If you think Ive insulted the playfield art then your the one thats overly sensitive. Viva la LED's!

This guy wrote that if you don't like clown puke, then "your a member of the status quo and either just lack creativity or are too afraid your efforts would equal and epic fail."

Back in the old days, I would have thought that this guy was kind of illiterate and unpleasant and trolling the thread.

Maybe I would have even stepped far outside the bounds of human decency and cruelly told him to wipe the cheeto dust off his fingers.

But now I see the all the good natured happy fun in his words.

#1142 1 year ago

I have white GI and just these CT twinkles in my upper lanes on Comet. Is it unacceptable color bombing because they are many different colors?.....or an interesting visual accent that personalizes my game from the other 8099 Comets that are out there?

NkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6Yzk2YmNkZTMyZDljMzg0Mjg4M2NjMGIxNjNhMDY4ZmQ6Ojo6OjA= (resized).png

#1143 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

.....or an interesting visual accent that personalizes my game from the other 8099 Comets that are out there?

Hard to tell without video. But hey, it can;t look any worse than that photoshop job or text on that add...wtf?!?

#1144 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I dont want my blackout to look like every other blackout. I want it to look like MY blackout.

It's all subjective. One man's Blackout is another person day-glow abortion.

#1145 1 year ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

As a fan of color bombing, do you ever find it distracting?

I'm not trying to put you in the wrong, I'm just curious.

The reason I ask is this: I got a free under-game LED kit with my CV and when installed it, it was VERY distracting.

Forgetting about the aesthetic of it, it actually made the game hard to play because it was very bright and strobed very rapidly and it was hard to ignore as the color illuminated the arcade room.

When I look at some of the ultra-bombed games, it seems to me that they would be hard to play, given the riot of color.

#1146 1 year ago

I use LEDs in most my games, but for GI, I will only use white LEDs. I color match inserts. LEDs are great, but putting color where color doesn't belong...that doesn't make the game pop. That makes the game look bad.

#1147 1 year ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I use LEDs in most my games, but for GI, I will only use white LEDs. I color match inserts. LEDs are great, but putting color where color doesn't belong...that doesn't make the game pop. That makes the game look bad.

I agree, because TWD Pro's all white GI's look so good don't they?

#1148 1 year ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

You guys keep saying it’s a “club thread” and it’s all in good fun. That’s great. It seems like a lot of these clown puke pics that have been posted are people’s current personal games. Are you guys going into their game room profiles and getting these pics out of their profiles? Yes some are just rando pics off of FB and eBay but some of these are directly out of people’s Pinside profiles. You make fun of them to a point of almost calling the owners stupid. Then you wonder why people are getting upset and defending themselves. How would you like it if someone started an OT club thread of stupid cities and states to live in. Then they targeted your personal city from your profile? You probably wouldn’t like it very much. But it would all be in good fun right??
    My point is let people do whatever the F$&@ they want!! Who cares!!! Seriously. rant over

You saw what they did to me didn't you. Here I thought I was in good standing with other Pinside members.

#1149 1 year ago

Skeletor doesn't like clown puking either.

IMG_1019 (resized).PNG

#1150 1 year ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

That's funny because to day is actually my 50th birthday. I was one of those that said LEDs look terrible. That's because the older LEDs that were out were terrible. Then about 2 years ago I bought my first pin with LEDs in it and was amazed at how nice it looked. And yes it had a few tasteful color LEDs in the GI.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 229.99
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 26.95
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 19.99
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.00
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 132.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    There are 4211 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside