(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    There are 8,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 166.
    #1001 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Some of you guys should learn to meditate. It's great for your blood pressure. This turned from a harmless fun thread into something else. Lighten up. This is supposed to be a fun hobby.

My man!

70A19691-7A29-402C-B302-C743CE121877 (resized).jpeg70A19691-7A29-402C-B302-C743CE121877 (resized).jpeg

#1002 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

My BSD has a little touch of blue...and the beloved speaker lights everyone is raving...I mean ranting about. LOL. Rip away fellas!!!

I normally don't go for powder coat but it looks great on BSD never seen one like that, gorgeous machine.

#1003 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

This is supposed to be a fun hobby.

It used to be. Then along the way it became arts & crafts show and then a icy hot L33t ricer car show

#1005 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Have you met Barry? If he thought it looked like shit, he would say it looked like shit. I know what the purpose of the thread is, and I'm not one of these clown puke advocates you keep referencing. Bout dat!! (Whatever the hell that improper English means)

My BSD has a little touch of blue...and the beloved speaker lights everyone is raving...I mean ranting about. LOL. And nooooo! That's not lighted flipper buttons is it? Rip away fellas!!!

This looks bad and you should feel bad.

#1006 6 years ago

"I have working incandescent lights if you decide LED lighting isn't for you (although the improvement when switched to LEDs is mindblowing.)"

Does mindblowing in this case mean "awesome"? Surely he can't mean that.

TZ.jpgTZ.jpg

#1007 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I normally don't go for powder coat but it looks great on BSD never seen one like that, gorgeous machine.

Thanks man...fire engine red matches the cab art perfectly. Actually just did it recently. And here's a better picture of my LEDs without all the overhead light and glare.

IMG_0107 (resized).JPGIMG_0107 (resized).JPG

IMG_0110 (resized).JPGIMG_0110 (resized).JPG

IMG_0116 (resized).JPGIMG_0116 (resized).JPG

IMG_0105 (resized).JPGIMG_0105 (resized).JPG

#1008 6 years ago

Man whomever said poor BSD suffers the most called that one right

#1009 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

#1010 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Some of you guys should learn to meditate. It's great for your blood pressure. This turned from a harmless fun thread into something else. Lighten up. This is supposed to be a fun hobby.

I agree.

We should resume posting pictures of the clown puke games in all their hideous glory.

Stop wrangling with the Day-Glo Gang.

#1011 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Usually I'd argue that Bride of Pinbot gets purp'd the most, but man, BSD is making a hard charge for all-time worst.

#1012 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks man...fire engine red matches the cab art perfectly. Actually just did it recently. And here's a better picture of my LEDs without all the overhead light and glare.

Not colorful or bright enough. Doesn't pop.

You can still make out some of the original artwork.

Keep trying.

#1013 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks man...fire engine red matches the cab art perfectly.

sf (resized).jpgsf (resized).jpg

That looks awesome
    Sick flake right?

#1014 6 years ago

You have to give the guy credit, he manned up and posted pictures of his CP-ed game.

Technically, he contributed to the thread.

The other CPers are just complaining about their hurty feels and shaking their finger at us like grandma.

On a side note, i nominate this translite for the worst ever. It's both senseless and hideous, olympic class clown regurgitation.

b5d9a9dae287f2586e74fe500c25343ed20ce5e1 (resized).jpgb5d9a9dae287f2586e74fe500c25343ed20ce5e1 (resized).jpg

#1015 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Since its christmas time here's my leg out the door to the "Bumpus hounds." Check out my awesome Galaxy. Lots of blacklights and a flourescent white ball. Oh the humanity!

So did this guy.

He posted pictures of clown puke into a clown puke thread.

I like the bumpus hounds reference.

#1016 6 years ago

Well, Colson, they're either on the bus or they ain't. You know what I mean? The Electric Kool-aide Acid Bus continues the trip regardless.

#1017 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

My BSD has a little touch of blue...and the beloved speaker lights everyone is raving...I mean ranting about.

You honestly don't care about the blue rings of glare on the glass?

#1018 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed. And we're trying to explain to them the color puking is like dressing their beautiful baby up like a filthy whore and posting pictures of them online.

OMG I'm dying over here!

#1019 6 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

OMG I'm dying over here!

When i look at these poor machines all I see are little kids in those wacky fashion shows or dance moms...is so sad.
    My god wont anyone think of the children!??!!

#1020 6 years ago

So you have never given a compliment just to be nice?

#1021 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I figured you'd probably say that.

My main point could be lost in the murk. A mod like lighted legs is not my thing, but there is a market for it, and there's a crowd out there that loves this sort of thing. They're eating it up. AFMr with the topper was so extremely bright I couldn't even play it.....Yet there was a line formed up behind it. Same with Aerosmith loaded with Pinstadium lights. Those games killed my eyes. Maybe I'm just weird. I like the darkness of incandescent, sometimes a little color GI, and I also thought Alien was awesome in it's semi darkness.

#1022 6 years ago

Holy crap this was a busy day in this thread. We sored past 1000 posts thanks to the tasteless (or color blind?) trolls.

I have to go back and do a few replies. Colson, you are a good dude but the BSD just does not set the mood for a vampire game. A molly soaked rave maybe. I just sold my pretty damn nice BSD after removing a bit of puke for $2,300 to a nice guy who won't make the same error. He likes how it "plays".

My biggest thought to the defenders of "I do what I want to my game" is this - Todd T. pushing a junker off a building. Now I know it is not as reversible as CP. But when the argument is you can do what you want to a game and sell to who you want this is the ultimate statement. He did what he wanted and sold to none because he wanted to do it and took years worth of thousands of posts about it. And I respect him more than the CP crowd by giving it peace.

#1023 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Since its christmas time here's my leg out the door to the "Bumpus hounds." Check out my awesome Galaxy. Lots of blacklights and a flourescent white ball. Oh the humanity!

Looks like crap. Be ashamed.

#1024 6 years ago

Up on the STL Craigslist. For your viewing pleasure. It could be all yours!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1025 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Looks like crap. Be ashamed.

Said the man with the avatar of the worst DMD title of Bally/Williams' pin catalogue.

#1026 6 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Up on the STL Craigslist. For your viewing pleasure. It could be all yours!

Wow that just sets the mood. For what? I don't know. Not for pinball or the show. Still has the florescent tube behind the translight. This is just one of those dorks who does not know how to play or repair a game so is only accomplishment is to change a light bulb.

#1027 6 years ago

IMG-20171213-WA0024 (resized).jpgIMG-20171213-WA0024 (resized).jpg

#1028 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Said the man with the avatar of the worst DMD title of Bally/Williams' pin catalogue.

I'm not sure if your serious or fishing. Do you know the story of the avatar?

#1029 6 years ago

Holy crap I didn't know an HS2 could look that bad. Now I know why it would be called the "GET AWAY".

#1030 6 years ago

IMG-20171213-WA0025 (resized).jpgIMG-20171213-WA0025 (resized).jpg

#1031 6 years ago

IMG-20171213-WA0031 (resized).jpgIMG-20171213-WA0031 (resized).jpg

#1032 6 years ago

Where is Ted? He might pay to have this person hurt. Unless of course it is his game, then it shows what the good tequila can do to judgment.

I did put the LED Skull Pile in the back of mine. I'll admit that. But wow.

#1033 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I'm not sure if your serious or fishing. Do you know the story of the avatar?

Either way it's false. Popeye is better than Gilligan's Island and Hurricane for sure. I would rather have a Popeye than other games like Party Zone and T2 as well. Popeye gets a worse rap than it deserves because it's hard, people don't like the weird theme...and many people have never really played one but heard someone say it's bad so it's bad.

#1034 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

You have to give the guy credit, he manned up and posted pictures of his CP-ed game.
    Technically, he contributed to the thread.
    The other CPers are just complaining about their hurty feels and shaking their finger at us like grandma.

People on here couldn't hurt my feelings if they tried. In all reality, by BSD isn't rainbow clown puked. There's no purple, green, red, magenta, orange, etc. And in more reality, as others have said earlier in the thread, my BSD in person really is not as ridiculously blue as the pics make it out to be. I have cool white in there, and the pop LED rings make the entire upper PF, which is commonly extraordinarily dark on this title, very white and illuminated. You can see all of the awesome artwork up there, that even with incandescents, is usually dark and hidden.

Quoted from PoMC:

You honestly don't care about the blue rings of glare on the glass?

Honestly man, it's the angle of the photo. When you're standing in front of the flippers playing, you don't even see the reflection of the speaker lights. From 6-10 feet back taking a pic, you do. Even so, it wouldn't bother me. They are over the upper PF corner plastics, nowhere near anywhere the ball is in play during the game. And mine pulse like a heartbeat, which is very vampiresque (at least from a human prey perspective).

And in person, it does mimic a vampire game to the tee. The blue's at the lower PF give it kind of a "misty" look, and for a game with Mist multiball...it fits just fine. To each their own. If I ever sell it, somebody can bulb it as they please. It takes under an hour to customize it to your liking. When someone visits my house, I get compliments on it all the time...whether it's a 20 year old baller, or a 65 year old purist. So :p.

#1035 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Which pic F-14 or IM? Also can you post link to ad? Maybe it's a fellow Pinsider.

The IM
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/ottawa/stern-iron-man-pinball/1320269505?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

There's literally hundreds of examples everywhere you look. Why would someone go to the trouble to 'doctor' one up?

#1036 6 years ago

Lol...holy shit, forget the bulbs man, I have to join Kiji just to screw with this guy for his $7500 price tag.

#1037 6 years ago

IM doesn't look like that with LEDs, it looks like this. People are changing the photos and using really bad examples.

KIMG0241 (resized).JPGKIMG0241 (resized).JPG

#1038 6 years ago

I love my LEDs and think you haters have a bad attitude. These are real photos, hate on them as much as you want. You won't hurt my feelings.

KIMG0492 (resized).JPGKIMG0492 (resized).JPG

KIMG0324 (resized).JPGKIMG0324 (resized).JPG

KIMG0226 (resized).JPGKIMG0226 (resized).JPG

KIMG0630 (resized).JPGKIMG0630 (resized).JPG

KIMG0080 (resized).JPGKIMG0080 (resized).JPG

KIMG0692 (resized).JPGKIMG0692 (resized).JPG

KIMG0635 (resized).JPGKIMG0635 (resized).JPG

KIMG0266 (resized).JPGKIMG0266 (resized).JPG

#1039 6 years ago

Unicorn Puke (resized).jpgUnicorn Puke (resized).jpg

#1040 6 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I love my LEDs and think you haters have a bad attitude. These are real photos, hate on them as much as you want. You won't hurt my feelings.

Simpsons has a little too much purply-red thing for my taste. I think the translite on Pirates is great. Wise move in at least keeping the slings white. In my opinion, even with color GI I always leave the flipper area white. Firepower II, I dunno...It needs some help, and puke isn't helping. Zip-A-Doo I would leave incandescent, as well as any other EM.

#1041 6 years ago

That pirates translite is awesome...

#1042 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Are you still cackling with laughter or has it finally died down?

Still....! Please tell me... could it be also considered color puke?

Original post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/14#post-2229984

#1043 6 years ago

led2 (resized).jpgled2 (resized).jpg

led3 (resized).jpgled3 (resized).jpg

#1044 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Still....! Please tell me... could it be also considered color puke?

Original post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/14#post-2229984

LOL

You went back over two years of my posts to find that.

Get a life, dude. Wipe your cheeto covered fingers on your pants and go find a job.

I would say that the green clock housing does not match the game very well, it does sort of look out of place. But when the game is on, it looks more yellow than green. Probably blue or red would be a better color.

My CV is actually clown puked in the respect that it is full of super bright GI LEDs that hurt your eyes. I bought it that way. I need to change them out.

#1045 6 years ago

This lethal weapon is a prime example of "true" clown puking.

There is an art to puking a game.

To really puke up a game, the translite has to look completely bizarre and the entire playfield must glow with a haze of color, preferably pink or purple.

#1046 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

You went back over two years of my posts to find that.
    Get a life, dude. Wipe your cheeto covered fingers on your pants and go find a job.

Geez, you are not nice.

I think that is what other people were talking about earlier in the thread...you can bash clown puked games or render your opinion on whether you like it or not, but personal attacks continuing? Come on man. I thought this thread was all in good fun.

And that LW3 does look horrendous.

#1047 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Not in a thread on hating clown puke.

But thanks for helping, grandma.

#1048 6 years ago

I like the CP'd games that are so washed out you can't even tell what game it is. You actually have to squint to find a few clues to help you out.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#1049 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Not in a thread on hating clown puke.
    But thanks for helping, grandma.

Wow ...personal attacks on me...why?
    You didnt even comprehend the context, the compliment was made years ago in another thread...whats your problem?

#1050 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wow ...personal attacks on me...why?
    You didnt even comprehend the context, the compliment was made years ago in another thread...whats your problem?

I think some wife is refusing to take her parachute pants off when going to bed at night!

There are 8,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/21?hl=aplundell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.