(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,254 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Jason43
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8096331_0 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 8,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 166.
    #7051 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Judge Dredd skittles LE version.
    [quoted image]

Haha.

#7052 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

[quoted image]

i wish someone would smear vaseline on my eyes whenever I had to try and play one of these shitfests

#7053 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

[quoted image]

eyes.gifeyes.gif

#7054 2 years ago

Puke here!
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    and here!
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7056 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Puke here!
    [quoted image]
    and here!
    [quoted image]

Ummm.... Red and Blue (2 colors) does not make a rainbow. But ya... longer photo exposure does make led's look super bright which is why I didn't take many pics without the flash. Doesn't look like that in person.

#7057 2 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Red and Blue (2 colors) does not make a rainbow

Still a GI fail. I played many games in the past, including my own BSD, and I cannot follow the balls too well. Yanked them out for sunlights. My eyes are much happier now.

#7058 2 years ago

I am fascinated by the thought process of people who commit these pinball crimes, I would love to sit one of them down and interrogate them as what lead them down this shitty path in life. What is the motivation behind making pins look like a toddler's crayon nightmare.

Why do this?

#7059 2 years ago

Still a GI fail. I played many games in the past, including my own BSD, and I cannot follow the balls too well. Yanked them out for sunlights. My eyes are much happier now.

To each their own, but I will re-iterate, it is no where near as bright in person. This is a function of poor lighting in the game room leading to longer camera exposure. Looks horrible in the picture, and I would be making fun of it did look like the picture. I am very sensitive to this as well and generally replace all my GI's with sunlights, but in this case it really worked well with the theme. When I first did it, it did look way too harsh, and I was going to go back to sunlights, but I installed an LED OCD which smoothed out alot of that harshness.

#7060 2 years ago

Puke here!
    [quoted image]
    and here!
    [quoted image]

That seems to be a popular color scheme on that game, I wonder how that got started.

Cool concept for the backbox art though!

#7061 2 years ago

This thread isn’t to personally attack people, it’s more entertainment and to see how many silly led related puns we can come up with.

This thread is one of the least toxic ones on pinside let’s keep it that way.

#7062 2 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Ummm.... Red and Blue (2 colors) does not make a rainbow. But ya... longer photo exposure does make led's look super bright which is why I didn't take many pics without the flash. Doesn't look like that in person.

no it's worse in person, because it's so dark, you can't see the ball. humans can't see well in blue or red light because of the short wavelength the bandwidth is. Light doesn't travel as far of visible light. Hence why white light works 100x's better. Because white light is a combination of all light colors. So it travels the farthest and easiest for the human eye to focus on.

#7063 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no it's worse in person, because it's so dark, you can't see the ball. humans can't see well in blue or red light because of the short wavelength the bandwidth is. Light doesn't travel as far of visible light. Hence why white light works 100x's better. Because white light is a combination of all light colors. So it travels the farthest and easiest for the human eye to focus on.

For tracking the ball, I completely agree it is easiest to track in bright white light. No questions about it and I’m not arguing that point at all. If your goal in playing pinball is to get the highest score possible by all means saturate your playfield in white light and turn down all the distracting sounds and remove all the flashers.

Personally, I like pinball being an immersive experience and the blue/red gives it more of a post-apocalyptic future feel.

BTW. I have no problem with people not liking my set up, to each their own. I actually expected I’d be featured here when I posted.

#7064 2 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

For tracking the ball, I completely agree it is easiest to track in bright white light. No questions about it and I’m not arguing that point at all. If your goal in playing pinball is to get the highest score possible by all means saturate your playfield in white light and turn down all the distracting sounds and remove all the flashers.
    Personally, I like pinball being an immersive experience and the blue/red gives it more of a post-apocalyptic future feel.
    BTW. I have no problem with people not liking my set up, to each their own. I actually expected I’d be featured here when I posted.

if you like to play in the dark. Why not just take the GI's out completely. Because it's about the same visibility. We have taken games out of leagues and tournaments, because nobody could see enough to play. And they were not even as bad as that T3. I mean nobody could see. It's not an experience if you can't play it. It's like owning a car, that's up on blocks with no wheels. You have the car, but it's nearly useless. Sure, you can sit in it and have the radio on for an immersive experience. But it's a shitty immersive experience.

#7065 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you like to play in the dark. Why not just take the GI's out completely. Because it's about the same visibility. We have taken games out of leagues and tournaments, because nobody could see enough to play. And they were not even as bad as that T3. I mean nobody could see. It's not an experience if you can't play it. It's like owning a car, that's up on blocks with no wheels. You have the car, but it's nearly useless. Sure, you can sit in it and have the radio on for an immersive experience. But it's a shitty immersive experience.

Well... I'll just stop trying to explain my different viewpoint than yours. I understand your point, you don't understand mine, I'm happy with my pin, and have had no problems at all playing it or tracking the ball. I appreciate that you don't like it, and that you would find it more difficult to play and lets just leave it at that.

I will however end by saying your analogy is completely wrong. The analogy should be that you believe that my Porsche can only be enjoyed on a race track at high speeds, and I believe that I can enjoy my Porsche cruising with the top down at the speed limit on a country road with an automatic transmission. I enjoy the later over the former, but can appreciate the other viewpoint and would never disregard or insult someone just because they have different tastes than me.

#7066 2 years ago

dude it's science. GI lighting has the single most important function of a pinball machine. To light the playfield so you can see the ball and play in a dark bar or gameroom. If this is altered or compromised. It greatly hinders gameplay. This is not an area where you can be creative. If you want to be creative, mess with insert lighting, or speaker lights, or under cabinet lights. Doesn't matter. If an insert lights, it's not a big deal what color it is. As long as it's functioning to let you know it's lit.

The science behind illumination, is the fact that humans (yes all humans), cannot see well in monochromatic (meaning 1 color) lighting. You ever develop black and white film in a red darkroom? You can't see for shit. Why is that? Because of how human eyes pick up short bandwidth lighting. Why can you see so well in white light? because white light is the combo of all colors of the spectrum. And travels the farthest distance. Hence why visibility is greatly improved. Some games change to a mono chromatic color on purpose. Like Bally atlantis or Space station. This is done, for effect, and because you can't see for shit. the Game manufacturer knows you can't see for shit, hence why they do it during multiball. It's done to fawk with you. So bascially, you are fucking yourself over, by having your game do this 100% of the time.

#7067 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

dude it's science. GI lighting has the single most important function of a pinball machine. To light the playfield so you can see the ball and play in a dark bar or gameroom. If this is altered or compromised. It greatly hinders gameplay. This is not an area where you can be creative. If you want to be creative, mess with insert lighting, or speaker lights, or under cabinet lights. Doesn't matter. If an insert lights, it's not a big deal what color it is. As long as it's functioning to let you know it's lit.
    The science behind illumination, is the fact that humans (yes all humans), cannot see well in monochromatic (meaning 1 color) lighting. You ever develop black and white film in a red darkroom? You can't see for shit. Why is that? Because of how human eyes pick up short bandwidth lighting. Why can you see so well in white light? because white light is the combo of all colors of the spectrum. And travels the farthest distance. Hence why visibility is greatly improved. Some games change to a mono chromatic color on purpose. Like Bally atlantis or Space station. This is done, for effect, and because you can't see for shit. the Game manufacturer knows you can't see for shit, hence why they do it during multiball. It's done to fawk with you. So bascially, you are fucking yourself over, by having your game do this 100% of the time.

As I said.... I'm not disagreeing with you. White lights = better game play - I get it.

#7068 2 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Well... I'll just stop trying to explain my differing viewpoint than yours. I understand your point, you don't understand mine, I'm happy with my pin, and have had no problems at all playing it or tracking the ball. I appreciate that you don't like it, and that you would find it more difficult to play and lets just leave it at that.
    I will however end by saying your analogy is completely wrong. The analogy should be that you believe that my Porsche can only be enjoyed on a race track at high speeds, and I believe that I can enjoy my Porsche cruising with the top down at the speed limit on a country road with an automatic transmission. I enjoy the later over the former, but can appreciate the other viewpoint and would never disregard or insult someone just because they have different tastes than me.

#7070 2 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Well... I'll just stop trying to explain my different viewpoint than yours. I understand your point, you don't understand mine, I'm happy with my pin, and have had no problems at all playing it or tracking the ball. I appreciate that you don't like it, and that you would find it more difficult to play and lets just leave it at that.

We understand you, we just know you're wrong.

#7071 2 years ago

Today I learned Blue lighting is more "immersive."

#7072 2 years ago

Today I learned that an automatic Porsche 911 is more fun than shifting a manual one.

#7073 2 years ago

when you get old, shifting is a PIA. I wish my delorean was automatic now.

#7074 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Just go back 30 years to when you were younger.

#7075 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I mean, can't you go back in time and get a different one? Just gotta get it to 88!

Chris

#7076 2 years ago

but I have to have some plutonium first, so I can go to the future to get mr.fusion so I can travel on garbage.

#7077 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but I have to have some plutonium first, so I can go to the future to get mr.fusion so I can travel on garbage.

There's also the issue that a delorean might not hit 88 even if it was dropped off a cliff.

#7078 2 years ago

How long until someone starts adding random strobe lights and lava lamps to their playfield? Let's make every table look like 1988 Spencer Gifts.

#7079 2 years ago

Honestly, I’d love to see a lava lamp as a mod. Just don’t hit it with an airball!

#7080 2 years ago

Fish Tales last weekend at an undisclosed location- not my house

C0E39FD2-9799-4985-8A53-A7D7F5DA1892 (resized).jpegC0E39FD2-9799-4985-8A53-A7D7F5DA1892 (resized).jpeg
    #7081 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

[quoted image]

Looks pretty immersive

#7082 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

[quoted image]

6a41497825f02e1fc4883765dd216b82696678fa.gif6a41497825f02e1fc4883765dd216b82696678fa.gif
    #7083 2 years ago
    Quoted from koji:

Looks pretty immersive

It's got that weedy and underwater feel to it...

#7084 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

[quoted image]

even with the room lights on, it's so dark you can't play it. That's when you know it's beyond help. it would be like playing in green sea weed.

#7085 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

[quoted image]

Look at the apron cards - they will pay you $1 just to play.

#7086 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

It's got that weedy and underwater feel to it...

Trust me, I've had better visibility on most dives I've taken.

#7087 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Trust me, I've had better visibility on most dives I've taken.

You should see the Stern Pirates next to it. I'll have to snap a picture of that next weekend. Someone loves blue GI!

#7088 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

Someone loves blue GI!

More like someone likes immersion!

#7089 2 years ago

Wait… I thought this game was called whitewater not bluewater!

95C51B59-848F-4DD4-9907-EE2ADDD4B0ED (resized).jpeg95C51B59-848F-4DD4-9907-EE2ADDD4B0ED (resized).jpeg
    #7090 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

[quoted image]

Insanity blues

#7091 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Previously owned by the Ty-D-Bol man?

#7092 2 years ago
    photo_G6250 (1)_edit_613102984269467 (resized).jpgphoto_G6250 (1)_edit_613102984269467 (resized).jpg
    #7093 2 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

[quoted image]

Oddly enough, I just saw Yakov Smirnoff in person last Friday evening - still a pretty funny guy. Also, he's pretty smart, as he actually has a PhD in psychology he earned in 2019. I will say there was a moment when he brought his wife on stage and it was pretty moving as she shared about her family trapped in Ukraine. Fortunately, it was only a couple of days later when I learned they were able to flee to Poland.

#7094 2 years ago

Greenzilla!

816CA883-4CA6-4E6E-8B85-C57DA8E5A549 (resized).jpeg816CA883-4CA6-4E6E-8B85-C57DA8E5A549 (resized).jpeg
    #7095 2 years ago

Greenzilla!
    [quoted image]

That's the worst I've seen in a while. Definitely would not see greenzilla coming at you, despite the immense size of the creature.

#7096 2 years ago

Hahaha so green can't even see the cool Godzilla scuplt

#7097 2 years ago

The only thing I liked about that game is what could be the best ramp/decoration ever and you ruined it.

Addeda picture for those unfamiliar.

monthly_02_2017_681cd7bb801df7bc9f77e27154a601f6-godzilla--sega-1998--fs--rosve-12--xenonph-mod-v10a (resized).pngmonthly_02_2017_681cd7bb801df7bc9f77e27154a601f6-godzilla--sega-1998--fs--rosve-12--xenonph-mod-v10a (resized).png
    #7098 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hahaha so green can't even see the cool Godzilla scuplt

There's a godzilla sculpt!?

#7099 2 years ago

No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Screenshot_20220310-095808_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220310-095808_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220310-095825_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220310-095825_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #7100 2 years ago

I don't want to get in a facebook spat, but can anyone guess as to why they'd make Indiana Jones have a blue face on the backbox? Is he choking to death? Defective blueberry pie gum?

There are 8,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.