New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 228211)

No power to right hand flippers

By sethbenjamin

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by sethbenjamin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

So, I'm coming to the end of a BK playfield swap, and have done all the things you're supposed to do but have no power to the right hand flippers. I can't figure it out and it's making me nuts!

I upgraded the flippers as per Vid's recommendation, and this is not my first rodeo doing flipper rebuilding/installation. Everything was assembled on the bench, EOS gaps dialed in, good solid solder joints (I checked them and even re-flowed a couple just to be sure.)
There's current going to the switches, there's equal voltage to all 4 coils, I've got good continuity from the cabinet switches to the coils. The right flippers *initially worked*, but quickly died completely. I don't have the wiring reversed (Upper right - BLUE to banded side of diode, BLK/YEL to non-banded. Lower right - BLUE to banded side, BLU/VIO to non-banded), and the flipper fuse in the backbox is fine, as are the fuses under the playfield (checked continuity through the fuse holder to be sure the old holders were getting good contact. They are.)

The boards are new. I have also done a continuity check from the power lug back to the driver board, and from the ground lug at the cabinet switch back to the board, just to be sure there wasn't a problem with the connectors themselves. Also have continuity in those places.

I am completely stumped. It's probably something dead simple staring me in the face, but I've checked through all the things I can think to. Very strange problem. Help?

#2 2 years ago

Do you have continuity across EOS and flipper cabinet switches ? Resistance across across closed switches should be less that .5 ohms

#3 2 years ago

I'll double check that in the morning. I tested continuity 8 ways from Sunday and kept getting the beep.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside