I have been restoring my first EM, Doodle Bug, and it was a mess. The previous owner(s) seemed to use grease lubricant on the scoring reels, step units, etc. I have just finished the cleaning and am trying to track down playfield issues. There doesn't seem to be any power to the majority of my playfield. Here are the details:
- I can start a game, ball eject works, score resets, ready to play
- the backbox seems to be working properly (scoring works, lights, ball steps down, game over works, credits work
- my scoring reels and step units seem to be working properly
- but very little is operational on the playfield. No lights of any sort, nothing registers, pop bumpers don't register, etc.
- the flippers work, the kick out hole works and lights up (and scores properly), and the ball eject works
At first I thought this must be a blown fuse, but all 5 of them seem OK. have re-seated the Jones plus. It seems there must be one spot that is the issue for everything to be out like this, but I can't seem to track it down. Any advice?