• 21 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GRUMPY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello,
I am helping a friend get a pool sharks working. He says it was working when put in storage 3 years ago but I am getting no power to any coils. In test mode no coils or flashers work and neither do the flippers. I am not getting the correct voltage across the fuses on the aux power board. They are reading very low voltage but on my cyclone I am getting 25 or 50v abouts. Any help on where to check next would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Is there a coin door safety interlock that's malfunctioning?

#3 6 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not believe this game has one.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I am not getting the correct voltage across the fuses on the aux power board.

Which fuses are you testing and how.

#5 6 years ago

Maybe try reseating all the connectors on the power supply/driver board. There might be crusty connection somewhere.

#6 6 years ago

From ground strap to the fuse. I was trying to test each side to ensure the fuse was good but I am not getting current through either side on the lower left fuses on the aux power board. The 26 and 48 volt j11 and j12 are on these lines.

#7 6 years ago

To be more specific I get about 3 v on f8 7v on f4,5and 6. F2c is eradic only about 1v though. F2a is 7v

#8 6 years ago

On my cyclone I am getting 18v on f8 and 75 v on 4 5 and 6. And 40 on f2c. F2a is bouncung around.

#9 6 years ago

Pull the fuses out and test them with a meter set to continuity. Replace the fuses that don’t beep.

#10 6 years ago

I have already done this. There is no power to the whole lower left of the aux power board.

#11 6 years ago

Do you have AC coming into the board?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

From ground strap to the fuse.

This fuse is on the A/C voltage side and can't be measured to ground like you are doing. You need to measure j-8 pin 1 to 4 (26 volts a/c) and then pin 6 to pin 8 (48 volts a/c). Then remove the fuses and check for continuity.

#13 6 years ago

Testing the j8 connector I get 0v from 1 to 4 and 0 from 6 to 8. I removed the idc connector and tested the connector, not the board. Is this correct?

#14 6 years ago

You need to leave the connector on.

#15 6 years ago

Ok, gotcha. I will recheck as soon as I get home from work today. Thank you sir.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I will recheck as soon as I get home from work today.

There is a molex connector in the bottom of the cabinet by the transformer, see if its loose.

#17 6 years ago

Ok I am not getting a reading across the pins while connected but it is hard to get access to a point to test.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

There is a molex connector in the bottom of the cabinet by the transformer, see if its loose.

Just checked all the connections to and from the transformer and they seem fine.

#19 6 years ago

Meter is set to AC volts?

#20 6 years ago

Oh my, I had a connector in the wrong spot! I compared to a picture amd I had the wrong plug on that connector. Everything seems to be working now. Stupid me!!

#21 6 years ago

Playball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-power-to-any-coils-on-pool-sharks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.