(Topic ID: 231874)

No power on the 4MBC coin door. What do I check 1st

By embryonjohn

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2780 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

When I turn on my 4 Million B.C. there’s some humming but that’s about it.
    •pressing the left flipper doesn’t activate on the light (lock switch) but if done manually inside the game, it works.
    •pressing the start button doesn’t start a game but you can play it by activating the interlock
    •If you press the coin door, coin switch, nothing happens but you can credit it up manually inside.

What do I check 1st?

Thank you!IMG_2780 (resized).JPGIMG_2780 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

Bally fuse holders are always suspect. That's where I'd start.

#3 5 years ago

I'd suspect the back box Jones plugs.

#4 5 years ago

Coin door and cabinet Jones plugs not fully seated on the bottom (insert) board? Or, diagnose & troubleshoot the lock/Anti-Cheat Relay to the left flipper button second switch circuit first. Bypass using alligator clip jumper wires if necessary.

Then troubleshoot the Replay button circuit. Then the Coin Switch(es). The front door slam switch, if a "Normally closed" switch must be bypassed on the Insert board before doing anything else.

If you don't have the wiring diagram, buy it if necessary.

#5 5 years ago

I would try reseating the coin door jones plug.This is next to Tilt Bob. The bally jones plug female connectors are prone to issues. Good luck.

#6 5 years ago

The front door slam switch, if a "Normally closed" switch must be bypassed on the Insert board before doing anything else.

Bingo!
    The damn slam switch solder hub was broken off. I bypassed by connecting the two wires and the game is 100%

Thanks to all!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-power-on-the-4mbc-coin-door-what-do-i-check-1st and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.