Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I think I cooked my Sky-Line. It’s been sitting with the head off for a few months and I decided to set it up. Stupidly I didn’t realize that two of Jones plugs had 20 pins. I plugged them in backwards (or so I think). The game powered up and the score motor would just spin and spin.

I took a second look at the plugs and noticed that one plug and receiver had an X. I had them swapped. I plugged them in the way I think they should be plugged in and now nothing. I tried swapping them back the other way since I figured I already did damage and still nothing.

I have 120 coming into the game but after that, I’m lost. I pulled all the fuses I could find in the cabinet and they all test good. I don’t see any in the head. I don’t even know where to start.

#2 5 years ago

So I messed around a little more and tried tracing some wires. It looks like the power goes through some “stuff” on the inside of the coin door. I got what I think might be the credit switch, it lit up like a Christmas tree and blew the main fuse.

Replacing the fuse and it seems to be alright now. The only thing I hear is the “115 V Hold Relay” is energized all the time.

Is that supposed to be closed and have the coil energized when you start a game?

#3 5 years ago

I did similar, rushing to test a repair, on my Williams Fun-Fest. Turned out to be the $4 bridge rectifier. Not sure how that translates on early Gottliebs though. Are you sure you found all the fuses (schematic)? Slo-blo, etc?

#4 5 years ago

Thanks currieddog for the reply. I think I got it although I’m not sure what I actually did to fix it.

I think we cross posted. Any idea on the 115V Hold Relay? Looks like that’s supposed to be energized as long as the game is on?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is that supposed to be closed and have the coil energized when you start a game?

That should energize, yes.

#6 5 years ago

I think your original problem was that you stopped the score motor between home positions. If you rotate it to one of the three home positions with the power off it might start right up. Details at: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replay-button-doesn-t-start-a-game-by-design

Yes, the replay button and other "stuff" on the coin door is wired with 120 VAC so don't go poking around there if you're unfamiliar with it.

And yes, the R/Hold relay stays on once the game is turned on.

/Mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Swansea, IL
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-power-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.