20210414_220035 (resized).jpg
20210414_201535 (resized).jpg
20210414_201052 (resized).jpg
20210414_201056 (resized).jpg
20210414_201059 (resized).jpg
20210414_201109 (resized).jpg
20210331_012958 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I need help with figuring out what's going on with sets of mystery wires.

First set is behind the drops is attached to the gi lighting with some length of wire but cut and twisted. Where is goes no one knows.
Second set is off the transformer. Four yellow wires in the moles then cut down to two that enter/exit the transformer. With an empty slot on the fuse holder near by screwed to the bottom of the cabinet.

All backboard Gi works, all other lights works (with exception of three) solenoids work but that playfield is nonexistent. Can you help solve this mystery?
Picture to follow of the cut ✂️ yellow wires

20210331_012958 (resized).jpg20210331_012958 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Connector probably burned up at the power supply board in the backbox, so the previous owner bypassed and wired directly to the transformer feed or jumped one set of GI to another that was still working.

#3 3 years ago

Take a picture of the power supply board, its the board on the top left in backbox. The harness on the right side i think its CN8 burns up.

#4 3 years ago

And the top left connector on the ppb board.

#5 3 years ago
20210414_201052 (resized).jpg20210414_201052 (resized).jpg20210414_201056 (resized).jpg20210414_201056 (resized).jpg20210414_201059 (resized).jpg20210414_201059 (resized).jpg20210414_201109 (resized).jpg20210414_201109 (resized).jpg
#6 3 years ago

Here is the picture of inside the cab with the cut wires

20210414_201535 (resized).jpg20210414_201535 (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you unhook the wire harness at CN8 for the pics? Who did the work on that? Id plug it back in and fix that double yellow wire correctly and see what happens.

My game doesn't have that fuse in the cabnient.

20210414_220035 (resized).jpg20210414_220035 (resized).jpg
#8 3 years ago

I unplugged it for the pictures. I just got the game and tore it down and clearcoated it. Everything works but three lights going to replace em. And all the playfield gi.
I am going to redo the pins on CN8. I messed with the cable and pushed some connectors in and got the back section of the playfield gi to work so that's a plus.

#9 3 years ago

Looks like someone cut the wires to prevent a fire vs, fixing it. Agree you need to connect everything and trace the root issue.

#10 3 years ago

I reconnected the wires and awaiting the connectors to rebuild them and I noticed the fuse F3 was desoldered from the powwr board. So maybe they moved fuse to the bottom of the cabinet. I got fuse holders coming also to put that back in.
The two yellow wires are weirdly spliced and another wire is twisted and held with electrical tape. So I will fix these connections but don't know if both yellow wires go to the same part of the cn8.

Can someone provide me with a good picture of a functional powersupply board, CN8 connector and the fuses right next to it.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

I reconnected the wires and awaiting the connectors to rebuild them and I noticed the fuse F3 was desoldered from the powwr board. So maybe they moved fuse to the bottom of the cabinet. I got fuse holders coming also to put that back in.
The two yellow wires are weirdly spliced and another wire is twisted and held with electrical tape. So I will fix these connections but don't know if both yellow wires go to the same part of the cn8.
Can someone provide me with a good picture of a functional powersupply board, CN8 connector and the fuses right next to it.

The 2 yellow wires are suppose to be tied together going into the harness. I stuck them both in the same crimp but made the one wire have alittle more exposed wire to make them both fit. F3 fuse was popping on my board too. The relay right behind the CN8 connector was bad but i just bought a new board instead of fixing it but wish i would of just spent the $5 for the relay and just did the board work myself now. I can take pics of it if you want but my board isnt original.

#12 3 years ago

Thank you for the information! I will check out the relay also when I have the board out.
I was looking for a oem board picture to do a comparison to see if anything is off with mine. I have a power board from marco I hope I don't need to use.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The 2 yellow wires are suppose to be tied together in the harness. I stuck them both in the same crimp but made the one wire have alittle more exposed wire to make them both fit. F3 fuse was popping on my board too. The relay right behind the CN8 connector was bad but i just bought a new board instead of fixing it but wish i would of just spent the $5 for the relay and just did the board work myself now. I can take pics of it if you want but my board isnt original.

Quoted from Ramrod215:

Thank you for the information! I will check out the relay also when I have the board out.
I was looking for a oem board picture to do a comparison to see if anything is off with mine. I have a power board from marco I hope I don't need to use.

i can post pic of the old board if you want but its not in the machine. Let me know if you need any pics of anything!

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Connector probably burned up at the power supply board in the backbox, so the previous owner bypassed and wired directly to the transformer feed or jumped one set of GI to another that was still working.

This is exactly what happened. They jumped it off another lamp that was working in the GI. I attached the wires to a working lamp and everything is on now.

I am still going to try and fully repair it instead of this work around thou in sure LEDs won't have a prob all on one circuit

#15 3 years ago

It probably won't put too much load on the one circuit with all of the string being GI, but I know they do some effects with the GI in sync with the music in that game. Not sure if that will be affected or not by the bypass.

#16 3 years ago

If you want that Pinball to be reliable you need to change a lot of Connectors and Capacitors

#17 2 years ago

Repinned and Redone connector has fixed the GI lighting issue! Now that everything is fixed I think I know why they messed around with stuff the left sling now sticks on.
RiP first coil but lucky narrowed it down to the transistor
Amazon is shipping out some due haste

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-playfield-gi-in-lethal-weapon-?hl=wh20_buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.