Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
20200520_191950 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

A neighbor's parents have an Out of Sight that doesn't let you start a 2 player game. It will light up the 2 player light on the back glass when you start the game, but once the player 1 ball drains, it stays on player 1.

Not sure if it is related to the issue or not, but another issue is that one of the drop target banks doesn't reset most of the time. And every now and then the score reel will continuously add points even without the ball touching anything. I assume that its just one of the drop targets getting stuck in a way that makes the game think that it's being hit over and over.

I have cleaned all of the leaf switches in the back box and have manually moved all of the score reels for player 2 and they do reset the way they're supposed to. Just for whatever reason, it will not let P2 play.

I did find one wire (pictured) that doesn't look like it was intentionally cut, rather it came off at the solder point. Reflowing it didn't seem to change anything but I was curious if there was any chance someone could tell me what it is. I'm not super great at reading and understanding schematics.

20200520_191950 (resized).jpg20200520_191950 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from TrashCanDan:

but once the player 1 ball drains, it stays on player 1.

I bet it's that M/B sw. on ZB, the first ball relay, that leads into PB (Second Ball relay) as well as SB2 (Reset Control relay). That would affect the drops reset.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#3 3 years ago

So what would be the best solution to this issue?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from TrashCanDan:

So what would be the best solution to this issue?

Clean that sw. on ZB and make sure it's making solid contact. Check this if you're uncertain as to the process: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#clean

#5 3 years ago

From the picture I was thinking the wire went to a coil on the player unit. When you say it stays on player 1, does it go to ball 2 or stay on ball 1?

When the drop targets don't reset, do they go up but not stay up? Or do they never go up at all?

#6 3 years ago

It stays on ball 1. The drop targets will drop like normal but the bank won't reset.

#7 3 years ago

If it stays on ball 1 then the player unit in the backbox isn't advancing. It could be related to that coil with the missing wire, could be a number of other things.

For the drop targets, they should reset at the beginning of the game, and whenever the player unit advances. If you fix the player unit you might fix the drop target issue as well. The drop target reset coils are individually fused as well, so check those. Note they're on AC power and I believe live as long as the game is plugged in.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from TrashCanDan:

It stays on ball 1. The drop targets will drop like normal but the bank won't reset.

Are you uncertain about checking the switch?

#9 3 years ago

Interesting. I'll have to look into it more when I have gone to get back to it. I've cleaned all the switches and none of them appear out of alignment. I've also checked every individual guitar in the game. I'll get back to it this weekend and give updates.

Thank you all very much for your input and advice.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-player-2-on-gottlieb-1974-out-of-sight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.