You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C58ED63C-7EA5-4E8D-86EB-94B0597331AB (resized).jpeg
551ACFA6-83F7-4594-90E4-2CB31589AFE1 (resized).png
matrix (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 2 years ago

"To bolt or not to bolt, that is the question".

Most of the deciding sentiment in my case, is how and why I acquired the game. Because sometimes a pin is (or becomes) more than just that. My first one was a worn-out Space Shuttle I purchased on whim and brought back to life coming on 7 years ago. I knew *nothing* about pinballs then, so that game now represents opened doors, found opportunities toward new friendships and adventures I never expected. It has a lot of my own craft and handiwork within it, and fortunately it's still a fun game. So naturally I don't see that one leaving anytime soon if ever. Nor the Firepower whose playfield and boards I rebuilt completely as a learning exercise for my 3rd game. Nor the Bad Cats my girls helped repaint and restore as pre-teens. Nor the Time Fantasy I completely repainted to support an added UV feature well before Stern "stole" my idea for STH, ha ha. Those are perhaps more like heirlooms in the form of pinball machines, heh.

But other games I've acquired have indeed moved on. A few I also put serious work into, but as the OP shared, I'm proud every time I walk into Lousiville's big pin location and see the games I rescued and rebuilt still working fine 4 years later. And the others I sold to friends and neighbors, bringing them enjoyment. Some stayed longer than others. My shortest keep was just 2 months; the longest before sale "after restoration" was a bit over a year.

Of the titles I still own but didn't specifically mention, I intend to keep a few "indefinitely" for various reasons. Others, who knows? I do know that every time I think I'm out space, I, uh, find a way... to fit another. But in all seriousness after the last "keeper" I think I'm out now, so something will have to go. I just depends on what will force my hand.

I like to think most of us will go through these phases to some extent. And situations and sentiments always change too, so I wonder what my room will look like in 3, 5, 8 years...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 259.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-pins-are-keepers-club?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.