Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jamesays
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“No original bambers still using the band name”

• Yes 5 votes
      11%
    • No 41 votes
      89%

(46 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180427_203724 (resized).jpg
    20180427_203705 (resized).jpg
    Mongoose (resized).jpg
    Gimme, Gimme Good Lovin' (resized).jpg
    1670028F-F51B-4E3E-BA6E-66E9C081F5F0 (resized).png
    ws (resized).png
    yes (resized).png
    Gwar Chart (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Okay can a rock and roll band or any band for that matter still be a rock band if none of the original members are in the band.

An example would be the band Foreigner.

Love the band saw them way back when, but now none of the original members are even in the band so should they still go around saying their Foreigner.

Or are they now a cover band what are your thoughts

#4 1 year ago

I like your thoughts.

I had a real problem with AC/DC using Axle Rose as lead singer, but I like Brian Johnson.

Can't really imagine Aerosmith without Steven Tyler or Motley Crue without Vince Neil.

Kiss seemed to get away with other members, did really care for that, but it's only rock and roll and I like it.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

You own a wooden rowboat. Over the years, you've replaced planks as they've degraded. 30 years later, the boat has none of the original planks left.
    Is it still the same boat?

Have to think about that

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

This is a good point. Queen is down two members and they perform nowadays as "Queen + Adam Lambert" - acknowledging that it's not the same as before and that a new guy is filling in a role.

I think that's a good way to present it.

#10 1 year ago

Just saw a commercial for James Bond no time to die.

How many different James bonds have there been and the movie just keeps on going.

#14 1 year ago

I saw Guns and Roses back when the band had separated so it was just Axl Rose no slash. Buckethead had replaced him and it was actually a pretty good show. Axel showed up on time and it sounded good but something was missing

Never really got into Van Halen with Sammy Hagar kind of a David Lee Roth fan as far as that goes. But I did see Sammy Hagar when he opened up for Cheap Trick when he was just a Red Rocker I think he's much better by himself

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

This is a good point. Queen is down two members and they perform nowadays as "Queen + Adam Lambert" - acknowledging that it's not the same as before and that a new guy is filling in a role.

Ok I thought about it....it's only original once

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

Was Mick Jones an original member? I think he was always in the group.

Mick Jones retired from the band

#22 1 year ago

I also heard that Heart is now turning separately. I don't know how true that is.

Apparently the girls have their differences too and can't get along.

Which kind of sounds like Pink Floyd David Gilmour does his thing and Roger Waters does his.

#37 1 year ago

So how about ABBA, I know they are not a rock band...but they have a virtual concert thing going where they are avatars up there singing on stage and people are showing up in droves to see it.

If other bands did this would you go see them?

#46 1 year ago

Yea Styx is another band that I have a problem with.

Dennis DeYoung kind of founded the band and then he gets kicked out and they keep playing which is okay I guess.

I saw a Dennis DeYoung by himself which was awesome and then a month later saw Styx (without Dennis DeYoung) and it just wasn't the same.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-original-members-of-the-group?tu=timab2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.