Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jamesays
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“No original bambers still using the band name”

• Yes 5 votes
      11%
    • No 41 votes
      89%

(46 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180427_203724 (resized).jpg
    20180427_203705 (resized).jpg
    Mongoose (resized).jpg
    Gimme, Gimme Good Lovin' (resized).jpg
    1670028F-F51B-4E3E-BA6E-66E9C081F5F0 (resized).png
    ws (resized).png
    yes (resized).png
    Gwar Chart (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamesays.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 1 year ago

Its a cover Band thats how I see it.Actually if I know in advance I dont see it.Although Rain did a great Beatles show still not the Beatles.What would the Stones be without Mick ? answer Young.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

It is a tough question. There is no doubt that Rain is just a Beatles cover and not The Beatles. In the case of Foreigner, it's a weird one. Many of the members played with the founder of the band Mick Jones when he was still in it. My understanding is that he's now sort of part time. So, if you have that connection with an original member and played with them when they were active, does that mean that you can still consider that band not a cover? I don't know the answer.

Its a tough 1 for sure,Paul did a great bunch of tours and still sounded great.Ringos all star tours were good with 1 Beatle.Van Halen was mediocre with Sammy and I love Sammy but the 3rd Van Halen singer was a very good singer but it wasnt VH sound at all.

#28 1 year ago

I think maybe a better example is a band with no origional members like the Temptations they are now a cover band IMO

#30 1 year ago

Just for laughs

Jefferson Airplane
    Jefferson Starship
    Starship

#33 1 year ago

Is Lynyrd Skynyrd still having origional members ?not the last time I looked.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

Gary Rossington is the last, but some of the newer members have been around for 20 or 30 years. How about the band(s) Yes..lol

The guy from Blackfoot is awesome.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

So how about ABBA, I know they are not a rock band...but they have a virtual concert thing going where they are avatars up there singing on stage and people are showing up in droves to see it.
    If other bands did this would you go see them?

probably not for me

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

They still had a few tunes worth listening too, both time periods are represented on my vehicles media players.
    Dave is a better stage presence by far.

Dave was better in VH but solo not very captivating
    Sammy was good in VH but solo awesome .
    Sammy was great in Montrose,good in VH and great solo
    Dave was great in VH

#56 1 year ago

Bad Company too.with the new singer was a decent different Band, the singer told us we were the Best fucking audience they have ever played for 3 times 3 different shows.I was there for Damn Yankees and Bad Co opened that year.Sometimes a show is awesome and seeing it multiple times takes away.Unless of course its SRV

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I would assume the band does as well as Bonham's estate (like, Jason, perhaps). And with all the weight he carried in the 70s and all the cocaine use, it's amazing Grant lasted until 1995.

Peter Grant was right up there with Don King for stealing money

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I almost didn't get to see them in '77, thanks to Peter Grant. They cancelled the tour after the Sunday show when Plant's kid died.
    https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/oakland-incident-led-zeppelin-violence-john-bonham-peter-grant/

Good show,Judas Priest played before them.Day on the Green

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamesays.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-original-members-of-the-group?tu=Jamesays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.